• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one was more Hype?

• Thor in Wakanda

Votes: 438 42.6%
  • Everyone assemble in Endgame

Votes: 471 45.9%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 118 11.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The Ride of Rohirrim was dethroned

tenor.gif

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Thor's arrival was much more hype for me and I think it's because I just much prefer IW as a movie and buildup to that moment.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The reactions you're seeing are people enjoying the movie.

This isn't a US thing. There are videos in many languages with this stuff.
Enjoying can be done without disturbing others.

I was there in the Netherlands in the first weekend for both Endgame and Infinity War, I'm very happy nobody decided to do this.

Oct 29, 2017
The final battle in Infinity War in general is much better than the one in Endgame. Granted, I'm not a big fan of both (CGI actionfests kinda bore me), but in Infinity War the battle was still pretty okay to follow due to the smaller cast of characters. Endgame's final battle is just a huge brown mess of a battle that lacks any coherence or importance due to them wanting to give every one of the 30 characters on screen their own little moment.

Thor actually visibly did shit though, the final battle of Endgame is such a clusterfuck that after that entrance you hardly ever see these three in action.
I ( & most ppl) followed the action just fine.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I ( & most ppl) followed the action just fine.
It's not necessarily that it's hard to follow, it's that the Endgame fight lacks any cohesion. Look at for instance any big battle in the Lord of the Rings films. Those battles have a natural flow. Even though they are long, they all tell their own very clear story. I can precisely tell you when what happened, what were the big turning points in the battles, who was where at what moment, etc.

The Endgame battle after the Portals sequence goes like this: 'And here's Spider-Man doing shit, and here's Black Panther doing shit, and here's the girls doing shit, and here's Tony doing shit, and look at that, it's Ant-Man doing shit'. There's no sense of location or coherence anywhere. It's all just a brown mush with characters swapping in and out. It's very cool as a fanservice thing, but it's in no way a well-written epic war scene.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
IW in general was a more enjoyable movie than EG. I think part of it was watching the movie with friends who had no interest in comics and had no idea what was coming; all that hope and confidence Thor brought to a hopeless fight dashed in a single moment. All the rants and discussions afterwards made the whole experience a lot more memorable.

God damn that's obnoxious. Must be an American thing.

Nah, as evident in the video where multiple languages are used. Thor joining the fight is still the hypest moment I witnessed in cinemae, and it's a fun experience to share with the rest of audience. For the record, it's rare to get that sort of reaction and it's always restricted to these epics moments.

Mar 30, 2019
My lowkey favorite moment, aside from the hype ones, between the two is really when Cap says, "Let's go get this son of a bitch."

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely #2 on the list but the Endgame portal just felt so epic and like a culmination of everything.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I just remember the hype deflating real fast with Thor. The whole thing was like 20 seconds and back to bog standard action.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War was a fist pump moment for me, don't get me wrong. But the portals showing up and everyone coming out is a moment that STILL gets me choked up. With Boseman gone, even more so.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Remember when we could go to movies on opening night?

This post led me to watch every single clip in this twitter thread and damn, it was pretty emotional for me and left me with a strong sense of melancholy by the end. I know these sorts of opening night experiences aren't for everyone but I sure miss being in the same space as a bunch of people, knowing we are united in our love of this one thing.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I can see how it's great audience hype-service, but it was borderline "white savior" a bit in the back of my mind.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I'm surprised more people found endgames scene more hype.

For me Thor returning had so much build up to it in the film and the payoff with music and him crashing down sends me into a wave of feels.

The endgame scene was hype too but nowhere near as that for me due to lack of build up in the film itself. It felt more like rise of the skywalker just having everyone warp in at the end ready to take on the bad guys.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Nah man, it was a nice moment, but it wasn't that damn hype to compare to endgames entrance from everyone. Thors side quest was the least interesting thing about that movie really. They nailed his arrival to Wakanda to make the payoff worth, but .... its not "On your right" tier at all.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
If some nerds stood up and started clapping during my movie I'd kindly ask staff to throw their asses out.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's Avengers Assemble, but more so the Cap-Mjolnir moment.

Also it's still pretty hilarious to see people still bothered at those reaction vids.
Like if the majority of the audience (who also paid money to watch the movie, suprising!) are whooping in excitement at scenes specifically crafted to incite that type of reaction, maaaybe nobody gives af that you're bothered.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
If some nerds stood up and started clapping during my movie I'd kindly ask staff to throw their asses out.

I had to tell a guy to shut up during the beginning of Endgame because he was providing bad MST3K style commentary for his whole group for every scene. There was no way I was going to stop an entire theater from cheering though.

I agree that people getting up out of their seats is too fucking much. At that point you're blocking everyone else's view.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I loved both scenes.

One of my favorites is Tony and Pepper fighting back to back in Endgame, especially knowing the end.

tenor.gif

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Nah.
He hits like 4 times and then he's done. The whole thing is over in like a minute.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
It's Avengers Assemble, but more so the Cap-Mjolnir moment.

Also it's still pretty hilarious to see people still bothered at those reaction vids.
Like if the majority of the audience (who also paid money to watch the movie, suprising!) are whooping in excitement at scenes specifically crafted to incite that type of reaction, maaaybe nobody gives af that you're bothered.

I am just trying to imagine some of these scenarios lol

"Attendant! Will you PLEASE show these bothersome rapscallions out? They are affecting my cinema experience."

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
End Game is a damn Star Trek time travel episode with $500m budget..
Infinity War is a fucking great movie, Thanos beat the shit out of Avengers, put a smile on my face...

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017
End Game is a damn Star Trek time travel episode with $500m budget..
Infinity War is a fucking great movie, Thanos beat the shit out of Avengers, put a smile on my face...
This right here. Just fucking awesome the curb stomp he gave them. Thor brought his thunder and in like 20 seconds it was nothing but a whimper.
Cap and Mjolner tops both "On your left" and Thors entrance though.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Avenger's Assemble scene was cool, but it was also some cornball shit.

Thor's entrance into Wakanda was just sweet as hell.

Thor wins.

Oct 29, 2017
It's not necessarily that it's hard to follow, it's that the Endgame fight lacks any cohesion. Look at for instance any big battle in the Lord of the Rings films. Those battles have a natural flow. Even though they are long, they all tell their own very clear story. I can precisely tell you when what happened, what were the big turning points in the battles, who was where at what moment, etc.

The Endgame battle after the Portals sequence goes like this: 'And here's Spider-Man doing shit, and here's Black Panther doing shit, and here's the girls doing shit, and here's Tony doing shit, and look at that, it's Ant-Man doing shit'. There's no sense of location or coherence anywhere. It's all just a brown mush with characters swapping in and out. It's very cool as a fanservice thing, but it's in no way a well-written epic war scene.
I prefer the endgame battle to anything in LOTR. Partly because I can't really get too invested in any series of movies without any major black ppl in them 🤷🏿‍♂️. The main reason is that the battles always seemed fake/constructed to me. I've been in big group fights it's not all lined up with everyone taking turns like lotr. I like seeing ppl working together/ppl getting jumped. The scatter shot of important characters doing stuff is why it's better to me not worse. You can see ppl from movies you love in the background of most shots doing their things. Antman rocking off on the giant worm then dipping off to do his own thing is better to me then legolas Scaling a mammoth then killing it. Followed by a cool cinematic slide down its tusk. Looks too movie-ish to me if that makes sense lol.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
People whining about opening night reactions to comic book movies will never get old lol. Just wait a day or 2 and you will literally never encounter these kinds of reactions. Let people enjoy shit.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Y'know what I wound up liking more than that initial entrance in Infinity War?

That 1-2 second Dynamic Entry Thor does once Thanos assembles the full Gauntlet.

xK9kghm.jpg

The most anime shit I've ever fucking seen in a Hollywood movie, I fucking love it so much.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Completely agree.

Bring me Thanos! > Avengers.......*whispers* assemble

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone joining is just cheese. Its sort of mandatory, but Thor joining there and Thanos arriving in IW were better moments

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I prefer the endgame battle to anything in LOTR. Partly because I can't really get too invested in any series of movies without any major black ppl in them 🤷🏿‍♂️. The main reason is that the battles always seemed fake/constructed to me. I've been in big group fights it's not all lined up with everyone taking turns like lotr. I like seeing ppl working together/ppl getting jumped. The scatter shot of important characters doing stuff is why it's better to me not worse. You can see ppl from movies you love in the background of most shots doing their things. Antman rocking off on the giant worm then dipping off to do his own thing is better to me then legolas Scaling a mammoth then killing it. Followed by a cool cinematic slide down its tusk. Looks too movie-ish to me if that makes sense lol.
Also its not a real fight unless someone gets a knee in the nuts

+1 for Endgame :P

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Thor is hands down the most awesome Avenger in the MCU and it's not even close.

I also thought the Cap-Hammer moment was too short and wasted. He got one good hit in and then was just tossed aside.

My favorite moment of all was when Thor calls for Molnir in the time thread right after he and Rocket meet with his mom from the past in Asgard and then leaves with it. That whole sequence was so emotional.