• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
thispersondoesnotexist.com

Stability AI

AI by the people for the people. We are building the foundation to activate humanity's potential.

As many of you are likely aware, this website uses AI to generate fake people. The majority of the pictures look fine at a glance, but a number of the ones I've encountered are very strange.

Sometimes it doesn't understand hair.
7YGNPU6.png
AfTWW6V.png
yg31zzx.png

Sometimes it doesn't understand hats or hoods (I saw some very Jotaro Kujo-esque hat-hair-melds).
6OcnbYV.png
iBbR6Hx.png
L2yYNWT.png

nhjQBN7.png
1Pi0ARM.png
XU4UgYu.png

BsQmi3X.png
1SXtlT8.png

Sometimes it doesn't understand backgrounds.
xcRmemt.png
C5zYPab.png
DptF4xm.png
QFnsEC3.png

Sometimes it doesn't understand anatomy.
73KkxdY.png
YgIZnwr.png
dmJBAWy.png

Sometimes it just doesn't understand.
6XbMvpl.png

And every once in a while, it summons eldritch creatures from another realm.
glRDqzV.png
5BWhXT6.png
c3qkm5Z.png

AzcanF9.png
23ZsWe4.png
2p9ejal.png

xu6Q4ha.png
XBJl64N.png
hCAclbL.png

I'm sorry, mobile users.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really love the ghost eyeglasses on the dude in your second row. I got one with the same effect almost immediately on there.

xtkh2jt.png

Also I almost spat my cereal out at the dude with the microphone melted into his face.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember if it was this site or a different AI generated people one but I've had this picture saved for a while.
image0.jpg

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
You should see the results I got on my homework assignment when I tried to create something similar. I think I made a demon generation application.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Someone help me understand this better. Is the AI making composites in a way? Like, does it take someone's nose and other feature and seamlessly blend all of them in a Frankenstein kind of way? Or does it literally figure out how to generate everything itself from scratch, drawing from vast knowledge. Pardon my ignorance.

The Waistcoat

Nov 8, 2017
yg31zzx.png

I've had to send this to my wife because this is a spitting image of her cousin

edit: minus the visual distortions

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
People focusing on the aberrations and I can't get over how these are fake people.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Those pics where there's just like a totally regular looking person and then some 7th-dimension eldritch horror off to the side are genuinely unnerving

It's like "HELLO, FELLOW REGULAR HUMAN BEING"

OP
OP
Aurica

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
People focusing on the aberrations and I can't get over how these are fake people.
There are some really good ones. It blew my mind when I first saw it a while back, but now I just can't help noticing all the smaller details that don't add up.
Those pics where there's just like a totally regular looking person and then some 7th-dimension eldritch horror off to the side are genuinely unnerving
I know! I love them! They're terrifying when they're barely out of view. I'd just imagine someone posting a pic like that on social media and friends going, "Whoa, what the fuck is that thing out of frame???" for pics like this one:
AzcanF9.png

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Oh yeah, that thing. We had that project as part of an exhibition last year, pretty cool.
It's super interesting when you look at seemingly "normal" pictures, but the longer you look, the more you realize something... just isn't right.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
what's the likelihood these are being used as twitter bot profiles saying the inanest of comments?