• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Or at the very least put the arcade versions of MK1, 2 and 3 on modern consoles.

There was a collection for PS3/360 Gen but from what I understand, that was marred by bad input lag.

Some people have told me maybe Warner Bros doesn't like to acknowledge the MK games that weren't made under them which is why many of those MK games haven't gotten any kind of rerelease. Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't.

Surely they've got to have something up their sleeves. This year is the franchise's 30th Anniversary

…right?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
"Collection"? OP needs to be dragged to the krypt

But yeah it would be cool to have it on modern consoles and with decent online

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
MK 1-3, Ultimate MK3, MK4, and maybe throw in Mace:The Dark Age, War Gods, and The Grid. That would be perfect.

Kinda shocked we haven't seen a compilation for MK's anniversary.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
MK 1-4, Mythologies and Shaolin Monks is the ideal collection.

They can do a 2nd one with the 3D games too.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MK Kollection Vol 1.
MK 1-2, UMK3, and Trilogy.
bonus game: Mythologies: Sub-Zero

Vol 2.
Mk 4 (Gold), Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon.
bonus games: Special Forces and Shaolin Monks

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
MK Kollection Vol 1.

Vol 2.

This would be great.

Honestly, too many people sleeping on Deception and Shaolin Monks.

NekoCat

May 6, 2022
New York
I really want the PS2 era games, as those haven't been easily accessible for a while.

A remaster of MK vs. DC would even be welcome, if only for the chance to play through the wonderfully dumb story again.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
WB / NRS should work with the people behind this for a HD remake:

View: https://youtu.be/0Lp5YzUe5MQ

Or a proper Arcade collection + Trilogy with rollback netcode, artwork / behind the scenes museum, lobbies, spectator and training modes would be super neat too.

One of my favorite things about the PS2 era was all the behind the scenes extra content you could view. They stopped doing it when they became Netherrealm.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Ideally, I'd want those remakes that were canceled. I can't believe that classic MK games are not playable on modern hardware.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Well there was that rumor about MK 12 being a Armageddon type affair with every single fighter ever except the third party chracters.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like every couple months I google for rumors of an MK Kollection...knowing that there will be nothing, but I still want to believe :(

I wish we would have got that HD Remake.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
gimme a crisis core style hd remaster of shaolin monks please. make sub and scorp unlocked from the beginning tho

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a potential licensing issue on consoles with Arcade1Up still selling the arcade machine?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
So pretty much what modern MK is
a little different in that modern MK is strictly 2D with full 3D graphics. I think (and I could be getting it confused with War Gods here, which was also basically MK in 3D) that MK4 actually had fully 3D stages, you just couldn't' manually maneuver your character in them.

Actually the more I think about it I think there was sort of a dash/side step move but it was pretty inconsequential.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Y'know we keep hearing about MK12 which has everyone from MK9, 10 and 11 aside from guest characters.

But still nothing official

Jul 27, 2020
Mk1
Mk2
Mk3 +UMK3
MK Trilogy (ps1 ver. but no loading)
Mk4 (arcade version, it's never even been properly emulated yet)
For the classics anyway
Boon did say he wants to do something cool for the 30th so that'll be September the 30th anniversary.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
MK Kollection Vol 1.

Vol 2.

I need all of this. Playing Trilogy online would be nuts. And Mythologies: Subzero is legit one of my favorite classic games.

Someone hear our prayers lol