• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Hi Era! First time creating a thread and I wanted to bring something unique to talk about!

This year we're getting a new Astérix game! Astérix & Obélix XXL 3: The Crystal Menhir is releasing in all platforms on November 21th and I am quite excited about it, even though the game doesn't seem as ambitious as previous titles in the XXL trilogy.

Astérix, for whose don't know, it's the little Gaul guy from the french comics created by Albert Uderzo and René Goscinny; Alongside his trust friend Obélix and his dog Dogmatix they usually fight against the tirany of Romans, while powered by an old magic potion receipt of their village. It's full of old and tired cartoon tropes and exagered expressions, but a classic nonetheless.

The franchise never took off in North America, as far I'm aware, as the humor is very.. regional, I suppose? And while I can't say for its popularity here in Brazil as well, at least I got to create memories with the cartoons, the old live action movies and of course video games!.. In fact, Astérix is one of these characters that, despite of being a creation of another media, I strong associte him to gaming;

I wanted to make a little trip down to memory lane and recapitulate Astérix presence in the gaming market, while probably presenting some titles weren't released everywhere thus turning them a bit underground:

Ast-rix.png

Astérix / Obélix for Atari 2600 (1983)
Already starting without a worldwide release, the very first Astérix game was released in North America under a different license (Taz from Warner Bros.), but Obélix had own title that never left Europe

asterix_2.png
obelix_2.png

What can I say? It's Atari,.. simpler times

Astérix et la Potion Magique (1986) / Astérix and the Magic Carpet (1987) for PC
Getting more traditional here, we have a basic sidescrolling platformer and an adventure game with maze sections like Pac-Man (?); these games got a handful of ports for Commodore, Amiga and such, but it still far from a worldwide release

asterix-et-la-potion-magique_2.png
asterix-and-the-magic-carpet_4.png

Astérix (1991) for SEGA Master System
Here's something I have way more affinity. This is the first Astérix game I ever played and I still have a like it a lot! Part what I like to call the "Master System trilogy" all published by SEGA. It's simple, charming, good level and enemy variety and with a lot of good humor.

SMSImagemAsterix_2.gif
medium_4_screenshot.png

Astérix (1992) for Arcade
Now this one, might be a bit more popular than previous mentions.. an Arcade beat 'n up by Konami! Not often cited as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or The Simpsons game, Konami used to make a lot of these and it's quite unsual for a Japanese company; The combat is excelent as you expect and the sprite work incredible! It's just fitting beating up tons of Romans in this style!

asterix.png
1055963089.jpg

Astérix and the Secret Mission (1993) / Astérix and the Great Rescue (1994) for SEGA Master System
The 2/3s of the Master System trilogy I mentioned; --Secret Mission is as good as the original game, imo; That one was rebranded in Brazil over a popular TV Show at the time too; -- Great Rescue, however, it's a bit different, since it's orginally a Genesis game but not a downport in 8-Bit system, but a complete different game.

screenshot_asm_002.png
468691-asterix-and-the-great-rescue-sega-master-system-screenshot.png

I believe Great Rescue it's the first in our list to have an official North America release too (at least the Genesis version); I can't say for sure on the Arcade game by Konami, since the information seems a bit scarse

Astérix (1993) for SNES / Astérix and the Power of the Gods (1995) for SEGA Genesis / Astérix & Obélix (1995) for SNES
The new hardware arrived and officially Astérix moved on; --although the first Astérix game on SNES in 1993 had an interesting story where Infogrames had a NES version basically ready but they cancelled. Power of the Gods is back to the old tradition of locking Astérix in Europe; Astérix & Obélix got a sudo remake on GBA (we'll talk about that soon)
Asterix_1.png
Asterix_and_the_Power_of_the_Gods.png
3412M.png

Astérix (1999) for PlayStation
Are you tired of games using simply the name of the franchise? Here's our fifth "Astérix only" game, this time on PS1. This one is notorious for having action seen of many different point of views through the game

ss9.jpg
ss14.jpg

Astérix and the Search for Dogmatix (2000) for Game Boy Color
Quite few games has the actual label of being truly exclusive for the Game Boy Color, since you got a lot of colored ports of OG Game Boy games. This one is one of these exceptions but I don't have much to talk about .. probably one of its few merits;

Asterix_-_Search_for_Dogmatix_1.png
gbc-dogmatix-13.PNG

Astérix and Obélix take on Caesar (1999) / Astérix Mega Madness (2001) for PlayStation
Another pair of games that were exclusive to Europe, despite of the first one being based in the live action movie that, honestly, even being so cheesy and silly, was quite of a big production; The game isn't as well produced but it tries to replicate the realistic take on Astérix world. While Mega Madness is a Party game! Because every franchise needs one of those!

51842-Asterix_and_Obelix_Take_on_Caesar_(E)-1456588177.jpg
ss7.jpg

Astérix & Obélix: Bash them All! (2002) for Game Boy Advance
That's the remake I previously mentioned was included in this package; this improves a lot of the original Astérix & Obélix on SNES. Better graphics, better hit detection.. I just can't say the music is better, but that's more GBA's fault than is the game. The original half of this is Astérix and Cleopatra, which is way more action heavy;
517892-asterix-obelix-bash-them-all-game-boy-advance-screenshot-ah.png
349943-asterix-obelix-bash-them-all-game-boy-advance-screenshot-starting.png

Astérix & Obélix: Kick Buttix (2003) for PlayStation 2
After all these years, Astérix games return to America! This is the first one of the XXL trilogy and it was quite a leap! An ambitious 3D platformer with combat influenced by what was hot in the genre at the time. Characters got redesigns especifically for this series and had a more edgy attitude, without losing the key comical aspects of the series. There were GameCube and PC versions as well, but those were European exclusive and kept the name XXL there.
1483679114-2270887267.jpg

Astérix & Obélix XXL 2: Mission: Las Vegum (2006) for PlayStation 2/GameCube/PC
Probably the most popular game in the whole list here (despite of being European exclusive as well until recently), XXL 2 got the spotlight for its video game parodies! The cover itself was already a clear reference to GTA, but through the adventure you see Romans cosplaying Mario, Sonic, Rayman, Ryu, Pac-Man.. you got references to Mortal Kombat, Tetris, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, they got everything covered! Combat and level progression much, much improved from the first XXL game got recently a remaster for PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Steam, for the first time released in North America
vn9rcejvj9qwiuf2z0me.jpg

Astérix & Obélix XXL 2: Mission: Wifix (2006) for Nintendo DS/PSP
Not much has to be acrescented on the DS and PSP versions of XXL 2, which are basically the same of the console versions, but with the DS version in particular having some touch screen inputs. It was impressive nonetheless seeing such big games running on handhelds
a5daedd69d5599859efe9b5bdecdeb9f.jpg

Astérix at the Olympic Games (2007) for PS2/Wii
Astérix wasn't exactly parodying Mario and Sonic once more, but that's based in an old comic by the same name. It's mainly sports based, but it retains the XXL designs for characters, supposedly working as a SpinOFF. Strangely, this game got a North American release but only on Xbox 360 a year later
img_normal.jpg

Astérix: The Mansions of the Gods (2014) for 3DS
Based in the excellent CG animated movie of same name, this a very simple action/beat 'n up game that lost its charm a little bit in the transition. Not that is something to discredit an additional Astérix game released outside Europe, but that only got a digital release at eShop.
337001-gallery-uk-BB_330786_02.jpg
3DSASTERIX_ss04.bmp

Astérix & Obélix XXL 3: The Crystal Menhir (2019) for Switch/PS4/Xbox One/Steam
After the remaster of XXL 2, the franchise got back! This time seems to be an isometric platformer/beat 'n up; Not as crazy as previous games and characters got reversed to their simpler comic designs. But I'm antecipating this game quite a lot! budget or not is great to have Astérix back on the light! Microids alluded that this time around the game will parody movies.
Asterix-Obelix-Lançamento-Teste.jpg

-------

and there you have it! I spent a little while preparing this thread, I hope we all can share some memories with this franchise ^^'; If not, there's any particular multimedia IP that you related more to video games than anything else? like Batman or Mickey Mouse?

Also, let me know if I missed any details on the games that I'm not super familiar! Of course I didn't put every Astérix game ever here, but I think I covered the basics ~

🐺 🐾

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
I have fond memories of the konami arcade game. Did it ever get a port?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Asterix has an art style that is very conducive to 2D pixel art (like Tintin). It's a shame we didn't get more during the 16-bit era.

OP
OP
CyberWolfBia

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
...where is the GBA game??? That one was insanely good and basically witchcraft
Aw shit! I was planning to have that one as a bonus mention xD; --The handheld version of the first XXL game is indeed witchcraft! (or Gaul Magic) a fully functional 3D platformer on the Game Boy Advance
Asterix_XXL_GBA_1.png
462753-asterix-obelix-xxl-game-boy-advance-screenshot-the-ai-is-very.png
462752-asterix-obelix-xxl-game-boy-advance-screenshot-the-third-level.png

I have fond memories of the konami arcade game. Did it ever get a port?
nope, not that I'm aware ~ and it's a shame because it's such a good game!
I'm hoping that the license is active yet again, Microids can rerelease it

Poemkin

Oct 27, 2017
Asterix on the Master System is a top tier game for the SMS.

The Mega Drive game - 'The Great Rescue' was highly frustrating. Those time limits, what were they thinking?!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I remember being amazed by a screenshot of one of the GameCube games that had him wearing what was basically FLUDD from Mario Sunshine back in the day. No idea which game that was, but I always wanted to try it.

Always thought it was a bit weird that the series never even really got huge in the UK, at least from what I remember.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Thanks for making an Asterix thread, OP!
I played this one A LOT. One of the first games on the system to come in Spanish :) I think it's a port of the snes game looking at the screens?

The GBA version of XXL, while I haven't played it, is one of the most amazing looking games on the console:

It's sad that the franchise didn't caught on outside of Europe, the last movie (The Secret of the Magic Potion) felt very videogamey (let's say there was a Zelda referene in there and a good final boss) and I even laughed with it, it's my second favourite after the 12 tasks for sure.

I still have to try many of his old games, but I hope XXL3 turns out to be a good product in the end, even if not that many people play them. We have had many years without good games based of cartoons, but I think there's room for them yet again.

Btw, others have suggested it earlier, but this is the best franchise to make a mosou game based on it that I can think of.

I remember being amazed by a screenshot of one of the GameCube games that had him wearing what was basically FLUDD from Mario Sunshine back in the day. No idea which game that was, but I always wanted to try it.

Always thought it was a bit weird that the series never even really got huge in the UK, at least from what I remember.
That's XXL2 I think. You can play it on the Switch now :)

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I know I played one of these on PC back in like the mid-2000s, so I'm guessing it was XXL, but I honestly remember nothing about it.

I don't remember it being offensive though, so I guess I just forgot about it lol.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
It's so huge here in France that's it's kinda hard to grasp how big it is in the rest of the world, so it's interesting to know Bresil and others like Astérix too.

Strangely I never played any of those games, I think I'm going to try and find some of them/buy XXL 3, I'll see

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
My personal favorite is this one:

NTSC%2B392x450.png

This was a legit party game. Like, one of the best I have ever played. Some of the mini games could have been separate big releases and I'd still have played them for hours like Roman camp demolition, Catapult race and wild boar hunting.

Only downside was lack of characters, there were only 4. I wish there were more, crazy characters is nothing Asterix series is short of. Vitalstatix, Unhygenix, Goudrix, Edifis, Ekonomikrizis, Boneywasawarriorwayayix, pirates, Normans...

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice thread! The first two SMS games are great (they were made in Japan and feel similar to Sega's Mickey games), and even though they weren't released in NA, they play fine on NTSC systems.

Oct 27, 2017
OP where are you from? I'm from Italy and Asterix is HUGE here. Even thought he made fun of our ancestors ;) For me the idea of associating Asterix to videogames first and foremost is... odd, to say the least. When I was a child I grew up with Asterix's cartoon movies (12 Tasks and Cleopatra are the best) and when I was a bit older I started reading his comic books (which aren't really only for children, most of them have a satirical subtext you can appreciate only as an adult). Asterix's videogames were always a side thing of the overall Asterix franchise for me - still, I deeply loved the Asterix + Asterix & Cleopatra GBA game, which managed to translate the comic aesthehic to videogames. And it was 2 games in 1! XXL games were also good, but I didn't liked the new design of the characters - what I loved about French BD is the simple art style, and XXL Asterix and Obelix miss the point.

The 1999 Asterix PS1 game and the later party game were also released on PC (in Europe, at least). I remember the 1999 game having a Civ-lite mode, which was my introduction to strategy games.

OP
OP
CyberWolfBia

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil

The Roman enemies that are parodies of video game characters in XXL 2 (which got a remaster last year, as I said); -- You get basically every famous character there through enemy parodies or environmental references;

latest
latest
asterix-xxl2-chr-rayman.jpg
asterix-xxl2-chr-mario.jpg

I'm curious to see how XXL 3 will handle movie parodies and if they'll throw at our face like that :p

I played this one A LOT. One of the first games on the system to come in Spanish :) I think it's a port of the snes game looking at the screens?

The GBA version of XXL, while I haven't played it, is one of the most amazing looking games on the console:

It's sad that the franchise didn't caught on outside of Europe, the last movie (The Secret of the Magic Potion) felt very videogamey (let's say there was a Zelda referene in there and a good final boss) and I even laughed with it, it's my second favourite after the 12 tasks for sure.

I still have to try many of his old games, but I hope XXL3 turns out to be a good product in the end, even if not that many people play them. We have had many years without good games based of cartoons, but I think there's room for them yet again.

Btw, others have suggested it earlier, but this is the best franchise to make a mosou game based on it that I can think of.

That's XXL2 I think. You can play it on the Switch now :)

No problem! I thought it showing a little love to the franchise wouldn't hurt! I didn't even saw a thread for the teaser trailer of XXL3 from Gamescom here :<

and yes, the Game Boy game is a downport of the SNES title; it's probably based in the NES version that was cancelled

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
The Master System one is legitimately a great game, it's a really solid and charming plateformer that still holds up today.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

This is the big one the OP is missing. This was one of the few games I handpicked as a gift when I was a kid, the parallax effect alone on a GB was AWESOME at the time. I remember the review from Hobby Consolas! Great game.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Thanks for the write up! Whenever I see a Master System screenshot it takes me back to a time when I'd see screenshots in magazines that looked like bizarro editions of my Mega Drive games. This was of course before I knew what the Master System was, since no one around me had one.

OP
OP
CyberWolfBia

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
OP where are you from? I'm from Italy and Asterix is HUGE here. Even thought he made fun of our ancestors ;) For me the idea of associating Asterix to videogames first and foremost is... odd, to say the least. When I was a child I grew up with Asterix's cartoon movies (12 Tasks and Cleopatra are the best) and when I was a bit older I started reading his comic books (which aren't really only for children, most of them have a satirical subtext you can appreciate only as an adult). Asterix's videogames were always a side thing of the overall Asterix franchise for me - still, I deeply loved the Asterix + Asterix & Cleopatra GBA game, which managed to translate the comic aesthehic to videogames. And it was 2 games in 1! XXL games were also good, but I didn't liked the new design of the characters - what I loved about French BD is the simple art style, and XXL Asterix and Obelix miss the point.

The 1999 Asterix PS1 game and the later party game were also released on PC (in Europe, at least). I remember the 1999 game having a Civ-lite mode, which was my introduction to strategy games.
I'm from Brazil, but probably associating Astérix to video games first is more a particular thing xD.. I watched a lot of the animated movies and the live action ones too, but most likely for being introduced to the characters through games, I can't help but relate him to the media ~

oh, and I'm very well aware that Astérix is never historical accurate \=P

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
Aw shit! I was planning to have that one as a bonus mention xD; --The handheld version of the first XXL game is indeed witchcraft! (or Gaul Magic) a fully functional 3D platformer on the Game Boy Advance
Asterix_XXL_GBA_1.png
462753-asterix-obelix-xxl-game-boy-advance-screenshot-the-ai-is-very.png
462752-asterix-obelix-xxl-game-boy-advance-screenshot-the-third-level.png

bruh wtf is this

even the framerate doesn't seem to be quite as bad as i would have expected

it reminds me of other old infogrames platformers like sheep raider and bugs bunny lost in time, which i guess makes sense given the same publisher.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
So many good games, kinda sad to see XXL 3 being anything but a XXL game though...

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, that's the first Asterix game I played, too. I had it on a bootleg "XYZ games in 1" cart, which sadly got stolen from me at school, along with the Pokemon GB Color it was in. :-/

Also, there also was the (terrible) game based on the first live-action movie, although I assume OP wanted to list the "good" games. But hey, it came with one of the comic books here.

I want it. Like, yesterday.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being addicted to the PS1 game with the strategy gameplay "la bataille des Gaulles" (dunno its English name), also did play a lot of the SNES one but that's it.

Asterix

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
As my name might imply, Astetix is my favorite comic book series along with Tintin. Really excited to play anything Asterix lol.

OP
OP
CyberWolfBia

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Yeah, that's the first Asterix game I played, too. I had it on a bootleg "XYZ games in 1" cart, which sadly got stolen from me at school, along with the Pokemon GB Color it was in. :-/

Also, there also was the (terrible) game based on the first live-action movie, although I assume OP wanted to list the "good" games. But hey, it came with one of the comic books here.
Oh, believe me.. I didn't list all the things I consider good, just as a compilation of Astérix in video games :p .. Search of Dogmatix and The Olympic Games I don't put in a high regard ^^'.. still, the live action game an interesting piece of the story of the franchise.

So many good games, kinda sad to see XXL 3 being anything but a XXL game though...

I wished it was more like the previous games, especially seeing how Microids just remastered XXL 2, but I'm happy with a new Astérix game anyway. I'm hoping it's decent.. it reminds me a less busy Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.

---and I'll sign the petition for Tecmo make a Astérix Musou game you guys have! xD

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The arcade beat 'em up is great, it's pretty much as good as the Turtles and Simpsons ones.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Asterix is a huuuuuge part of my life, and one of my favorite franchises ever. I actually wrote a complete retrospective of it's gaming history for Hardcore Gaming 101 back in the day

Should also add, Alberto Gonzalez who composed the NES and GB game is one of the greatest game composers of all time.

Poemkin

Oct 27, 2017

mrtnmntrl

Nov 5, 2017
Montreal
I've never played the games (and I'm curious about the upcoming one), but I can tell you that the franchise may not be popular in NA, it is still very well known in French-speaking Québec.

OP
OP
CyberWolfBia

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Asterix is a huuuuuge part of my life, and one of my favorite franchises ever. I actually wrote a complete retrospective of it's gaming history for Hardcore Gaming 101 back in the day

Should also add, Alberto Gonzalez who composed the NES and GB game is one of the greatest game composers of all time.
Thanks for that! Certainly if anyone wants to get into detail of some of the games I mentioned, they should check your reviews. I'll be reading them myself =)

---- by the way, just to add to the thread, XXL 2 Remaster is getting a physical release in North America this year if anyone is interested

819mMPtiUIL._SL1500_.jpg

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like you missed Asterix: The Gallic War, 1999 strategy game for PC. I remember it being pretty fun, though I did poorly since I was a kid. Wonder how it would be difficulty-wise if I went back to it now.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Looks like you missed Asterix: The Gallic War, 1999 strategy game for PC. I remember it being pretty fun, though I did poorly since I was a kid. Wonder how it would be difficulty-wise if I went back to it now.
Asterix: The Gallic War is legit a good Risk type game, and has some fantastic music too. But DAMN is it hard after like 30 minutes.

Thanks for that! Certainly if anyone wants to get into detail of some of the games I mentioned, they should check your reviews. I'll be reading them myself =)

---- by the way, just to add to the thread, XXL 2 Remaster is getting a physical release in North America this year if anyone is interested

819mMPtiUIL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks! I got to talk to a lot of the developers back then so it's always fun to revisit for me. Despite not being popular outside of Europe, its amazing how good most of the games are. The source material is a perfect fit for games so maybe not too surprising.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019

Oh I've read that retrospective before. No idea the writer posted here. Thanks for such an in-depth look into these games, Asterix is pretty obscure in the anglosphere so it's nice to see some recognition for a character with such a long history in games.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Now while I usually hate this kind of games, I just realized one genre that would fit Asterix franchise pretty fucking well...
Musou Asterix

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
I wished it was more like the previous games, especially seeing how Microids just remastered XXL 2, but I'm happy with a new Astérix game anyway. I'm hoping it's decent.. it reminds me a less busy Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.

---and I'll sign the petition for Tecmo make a Astérix Musou game you guys have! xD

I'm happy to see a new Astérix game too and it looks at least somehow decent but it shouldn't be a XXL game.

Like you said before, XXL has some edge to it but not too much, it has a good balance of the comics spirit and "video game attitude". It's so cool to see Astérix and Obélix fighting waves and waves of Romans, vikings, etc. with iconic moves and special attacks. My mind was blown at the time when I saw them performing a freakin' giant tornado to crush 100-1000 ennemies:

773Combo_Twister_Fusion.jpg

Now THAT's XXL. Also, the first game has an epic soundtrack:

I imagined something else for the third official game, an epic and "brutal" final adventure with more ambition than ever thanks to the actual technology.

Astérix & Obélix XXL 3 could have been a good little game if it was just called something else. They made a big mistake calling it XXL 3, fans remember well what those games are, I see many players being disappointed, as they should be.

Also, yeah, an Astérix Musou game would be perfect!

OP
OP
CyberWolfBia

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I'm happy to see a new Astérix game too and it looks at least somehow decent but it shouldn't be a XXL game.

Like you said before, XXL has some edge to it but not too much, it has a good balance of the comics spirit and "video game attitude". It's so cool to see Astérix and Obélix fighting waves and waves of Romans, vikings, etc. with iconic moves and special attacks. My mind was blown at the time when I saw them performing a freakin' giant tornado to crush 100-1000 ennemies:

773Combo_Twister_Fusion.jpg

Now THAT's XXL. Also, the first game has an epic soundtrack:

I imagined something else for the third official game, an epic and "brutal" final adventure with more ambition than ever thanks to the actual technology.

Astérix & Obélix XXL 3 could have been a good little game if it was just called something else. They made a big mistake calling it XXL 3, fans remember well what those games are, I see many players being disappointed, as they should be.

Also, yeah, an Astérix Musou game would be perfect!

maybe XXL 3 will get crazy as it progress? The designs reverting to the original comic ones doesn't inspire much hope in that theory, but there's potential. I think it was a bit dellusional of my part expecting a full blown XXL game in this day and age, .. but XXL 2 remaster kinda made me think that was possible :p

I agree that they shouldn't use the XXL brand if wasn't following the same formula though.

I believe The Gallic War is the same of the PS1 Astérix game of 1999! I actually played very few of that and I was young to fully understand the strategy parts and wished the whole game was just by controlling Astérix like in some sections xD

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly I'm not sure I ever played a single Asterix game, even though I love the comics, and the one original movie that Goscinny/Uderzo made (Twelve Tasks of Asterix) is one of my fave movies ever

Will defo need to check out that Capcom beatemup, cheers op.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I only played the SNES one simply called Asterix, I remember when I rented it it came with this weird grey, white-ish cartridge where you needed to put any NA game on it, in one slot, and the actual game in the other. I think it's because it was a PAL game and for it to work on NA's SNES you needed to do that.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Omg that PlayStation 1 1999 game and the NES brings back so many memories...!Great games that i had completely forgotten....Kinda sad realy.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
par Toutatis! I have a vague recollection of playing that old PC game but that first Master System game is where all the memories are, played it so many hours.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Im 99% sure that one lf the Psx games got a PC release, which was included on my cereal here in Chile