• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
...hi.

Were you lucky enough to seee this one-of-a-kind conference live? What's your favorite moment? Is Tak Fujii still around making games?

Love you guys.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Extreeeeeeeme.

I always bring this up in the best of E3 threads. No one ever comments. Definitely my favorite conference of all time.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I assumed we'd celebrate the anniversary closer to the date, but I suppose there's no harm celebrating it every day until said date.

And yes Tak Fuji is still around. He was a producer for the Switch game Gal Metal:

H2x1_NSwitchDS_GalMetal_image1600w.jpg

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
I watched this live when it aired, the compilations and abridged versions make it tolerable and funny (Like The Room) but watching the whole thing was incredibly boring and awkward (Like The Room).

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was there, in the upper left audience somewhere. It was amazing.

Tak Fujii is at DMM Games now. He was the producer of Gal Metal, which launched for Switch in February 2018 in Japan and October 2018 in the west.

Most recently, he produced STATIONflow, which launched in Steam Early Access in December 2019:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I watched it live on stream and it was amazing

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I remember when it turned out this shit accidentally looped for like an entire day, so after it aired live the thread for it turned into a nonstop midnight screening as people kept rewatching the cycle

I dont think i'll ever watch another conference as many times as this one because of that lmao

Kawaii

Oct 28, 2017
I assumed we'd celebrate the anniversary closer to the date, but I suppose there's no harm celebrating it every day until said date.

And yes Tak Fuji is still around. He was a producer for the Switch game Gal Metal:

H2x1_NSwitchDS_GalMetal_image1600w.jpg

This game is a blast and have so much soul... Tak Fuji being a part of it is icing on the cake

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
the part where that one guy stared at the back of that other dude's head is one of the funniest things I've seen in my entire life

Openrob

Nov 5, 2017
The closest thing I've seen in a while was the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter stream. Fucking hell that was a wild ride.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Always felt the guy who was tasked with introducing Otomedius Excellent is under appreciated:

He delivers a cool spiel, and one of the most professionally delivered in that entire conference, about this most hardcore of hardcore games and then the trailer drops.

Anime tits. also lol at all the stars sloppily added to censor the cleavage

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Always felt the guy who was tasked with introducing Otomedius Excellent is under appreciated:

He delivers a cool spiel, and one of the most professionally delivered in that entire conference, about this most hardcore of hardcore games and then the trailer drops.

That was masterful.

HouseDragon

Dec 4, 2017
I met Tak Fujii a few months ago in last year's Oculus Connect, so it seems like he's looking into developing for VR, which is awesome! He was an EXTREEMEEEly nice guy!

And yes, the 2010 E3 Konami conference is peak humanity, it's just great in all its awkward splendor

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
You really need to watch the entire thing. Every single segment was bizarre. Including the random ass Glee concert in the middle.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i remember watching this live with /v/. god damn. A conference of this level today would get absolutely destroyed.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
nice i always wondered where that art piece came from. the avy's on gaf were awesome.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I remember it in part because for whatever reason they kept the stream on loop for most of the day and people started coming into the thread wondering why the hell Konami's conference thread was bigger than the big 3.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
remember shinji hirano taking the stage at the start of the conference and they put up the wrong title so he was labelled as "russel simmons, founder of def jam"

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
People have memed the hell out of Tak Fuji but he pretty much gave the most coherent presentation out of that clusterfuck of a conference. lol

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
This honestly should be in our space satellite time capsule for future generations and or alien species.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
My favorite bit of metafiction was the conclusion that Iga had committed some mortal sin and was forever stuck in a time loop where he had to show off a shitty Castlevania spin-off at a bizarre conference, which is why it kept repeating for 24 hours.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I want to give a shoutout to IGA at rock fucking bottom in a wrinkled, un-ironed shirt begging people to buy his sprite dumping ground of a Castlevania game (and I admit, Harmony of Despair was kinda fun). And they straight make him introduce Lords of Shadow

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I was in the room for that press conference and the high school glee club performance is probably my favorite moment from any E3 briefing I've attended.

f2bnp

Mar 16, 2019

This is gold, I never noticed this!