• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Who cares about GOP and Trump die hards. They are not people worth attempting to persuade. They are far too gone. Independents and moderates will the be the lines on which one candidate will win or lose.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think that a Democrat challenger will have better chances of winning in 2020 against
A) Trump or
B) ...

A!

Easy as that. It's tactics with regards to 2020. Dems want to face Trump there. And nobody else.

Dec 2, 2017
I don't think its too late but I think there's a real possibility of complacency on the left again, just like there was with Brexit and his initial election in 2016.

Nov 8, 2017
I hate the phrase "come together" in politics. It's the reason the American government is in the state it is. You should 100% fight for what's right, even against your own party. This fall in line bullshit needs to stop.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Less time hanging around Despair Twitter and more time spent calling 202-224-3121 or hooking up with volunteers in preperation for next year (or this year if you're in an off-year election state).

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I hate the phrase "come together" in politics. It's the reason the American government is in the state it is. You should 100% fight for what's right, even against your own party. This fall in line bullshit needs to stop.
Yup, it's tiring to hear people beg for stagnancy. That's not the way to raise enthusiasm. We need to exorcise some demons if we want to go into 2020 strong.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I'd never say never as I didn't believe that Bush would win his second term (and the GOP seemed convinced that Obama would lose in 2012) but Trump is a special case due to how intentionally polarizing he is.

The 2018 midterm vote doesn't mean much, the Democrats got wrecked in 2010 and Obama still won re-election easily. 2020 will be a referendum on whether or not Americans are happy living in this divided land of perpetual hatred or if they want to return to some semblance of normalcy. I really don't believe that it's possible for things to be the same as before, at least in the short term, but I do believe that it's possible that even racist Americans that support Trump get tired of the atmosphere he's created.

I don't think that there's any question the a far larger number of Democrats and Independents will be energized to vote him out in 2020 than were willing to vote for Hillary in 2016 as he was an unknown entity then and now it's obvious that he's an even worse force against common decency than anyone reasonably could have imagined but question will be if there's enough of his energized supporters in swing states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida to get him the electoral college.

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I read, and that I think is probably going to prove accurate, is that Trump wants to try to run against those four congresswomen rather than the Democratic candidate - he will look to portray the party as being in thrall to what we will be branded a quartet of far-left extremists in order to suppress the Democratic vote.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While i believe there's a good chance he might, i dont think its confirmed, what will be decisive is the presidential campaign and If the states that gave Trump the victory are all happy with him and If the propaganda will work.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for all the "scandals" that will be unearthed when the next Democrat takes the White House.

Also be prepared for news networks to be stumbling over themselves to have former President Trump on TV as much as possible because ratings. Dude is going to have his own Fox News show at the very least if he's not just appearing on everyone elses to criticize the new POTUS 3-4 days a week.

Guy was a weekly call-in staple on Morning Joe, just wait til he's out of office and going off.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie has great momentum and a powerful message. Assuming the Democratic party doesn't go out of its way to fuck him over, he can easily take Trump in the next election. Easily. Can you imagine a debate between the two? Bernie would embarrass the living shit out of Trump. Complete annihilation.

I think once the Dem debates lose the chaff and narrow it down to the 5 people with an actual shot, he's going to emerge on top. If he can then get the right VP candidate, he'll steamroll Trump like nobody's business.

Also, there's a large portion of America that doesn't pay attention to this shit and doesn't care to tune into politics until the months/weeks right before the election. Those people aren't going to look at the clips of Trump leading these fascist rallies and think "That's my guy". They're not even aware of the border camps. Just wait until there are opposition ads running on TV showing these fucking camps and that orange asshole being himself. Its going to be over.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Based on several polls, if the election was held tomorrow and it was Biden vs Trump, it would be a landslide in Biden's favor.

We can say that "polls mean nothing!11!!" this early on but Biden and even Sanders is literally up 10 points or more in some polls. That indicates that there is a true desire for change in the presidency at this stage. We'll see where it ends up next year but Trump is in a gigantic hole.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie has great momentum and a powerful message. Assuming the Democratic party doesn't go out of its way to fuck him over, he can easily take Trump in the next election. Easily. Can you imagine a debate between the two? Bernie would embarrass the living shit out of Trump. Complete annihilation.

No one is going to "easily" win. Certainly not Bernie.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
From an outsider perspective, the democrat party its their own worst enemy.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
One thing I read, and that I think is probably going to prove accurate, is that Trump wants to try to run against those four congresswomen rather than the Democratic candidate - he will look to portray the party as being in thrall to what we will be branded a quartet of far-left extremists in order to suppress the Democratic vote.
If he does that he'll lose. Independents are key in these elections and largely won't care about those four congresswomen.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Meh - It's a more than a year out and this fuckwad is still the lowest rated President of all time. If the American people show up to vote he will lose.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I don't know, he's barely won the fist time a lot of those states were close. Right now he's down with the independent voters who helped him win. If he stays down with them I don't think he has much of a chance. It's over a year away there is no way of knowing what can and will happen this far out.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
No, it shows why he could easily lose. He only appeals to his base right now, and that's not enough to win an election. Moderates and independents are not going to support blatant racism, and if he keeps it up, his numbers will continue to decline with them. If there is an attempt of violence on one of the Congresswomen he has been targeting, which is not out of the question, then his numbers will decline even more.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This concern trolling shit in the OP from people who clearly have no idea what the fuck is going on is getting fucking stupid.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Oh please. This past week showed us what we have known all along, which is that his base will have his back no matter what. He still can't win the election without the independent vote.

With respect to the squad, you cannot have infighting within a team/organization and expect your colleagues to have your back.

Oct 25, 2017
No, it shows why he could easily lose. He only appeals to his base right now, and that's not enough to win an election. Moderates and independents are not going to support blatant racism, and if he keeps it up, his numbers will continue to decline with them. If there is an attempt of violence on one of the Congresswomen he has been targeting, which is not out of the question, then his numbers will decline even more.

What bothers me is people misread the poll that his support rose with Republicans. That is true.
But his support with independents plummeted hard. Like 10 points. Republicans alone are not enough to win. He needs the independents.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Trump barely beat Hillary thanks to a last minute report from Comey and his bullshit "I'll do everything for everyone" middle of the road lies. Now he has a record to pull from. Maybe he still wins, who knows, but there was a LOT that went in his favor in 2016.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
At some point, the only winning move is to not play the game at all.

Donald Trump says outlandish, stupid, racist things because he wins these "battles" every time. How many times in 2016 did Trump bait someone into a response and then come out on top in the exchange? It happened over and over and then he won the Presidency.

If Trump says a racist thing, it's him challenging you to a duel, where he picks the weapons, the location, the time of day, and the rules of engagement. This is where he is comfortable; in a race to the bottom the bottomless pit wins every time.

There's a reason he started being super racist recently--to draw attention off of Epstein probably, but maybe something else. Maybe he thinks that moderates from swing districts are the glue holding the Dem majority together, so by attacking these four progressives he can force them to become the face of the party (get ready for some disappointingly effective AOC and Omar attack ads in swing states!). He racks up so many points by stirring this shit--his polls went up in his racist ass base, he takes attention off of other shit, triggering libs is half the point anyway, and he gets to divide liberals.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This thread doesn't seem like it's going to prompt good discussion. As such we're locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.