• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 14192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the modern use of lol more. People are like, "Your opinion is bad lol", or "I can't afford groceries lol".

Lol is not punctuation, and lol is not the appropriate sentiment when saying something sad or telling a person you disagree with them, unless you're a sociopath.

Lol who are you to say that? Just like emojis and online-only acronyms, Internet grammar takes a form of its own lmao

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
It's useful for identifying racists—they can't resist announcing how uncomfortable slang makes their pathetic, fragile asses feel.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
I find it fairly appropriate as a response as long as it's followed by an explanation...otherwise...why would anyone possibly care about such a trivial thing?

Freaking pedantic man.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
There's always a popular word or phrase that will bother the 'intellectuals'. It's meaningless. People are going to use slang and vernacular that doesn't suit you. Let them. Next year they'll use something else to express themselves. Why does it effect you?

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
It's useful for identifying racists—they can't resist announcing how uncomfortable slang makes their pathetic, fragile asses feel.

Bit of a weird take. Whilst there might be some slang that has minority origins, there's a lot of Internet slang that doesn't imply any race of origin. I think it's more of a generational thing tbh. Us old folk don't like the funky words you young uns use.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I hate it. People who post it a lot should just shut up.

You don't get brownie points for the equivalent saying of "yep, it's wood" when someone posts an obvious example of bigotry or injustice.

It's like, congratulations, you identified an obvious instance of awfulness. You're not a completely oblivious asshole, woo.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
These threads usually turn into thinly-veiled complaining about progressives calling out shitty things from people who have been on the wrong end of it or who are tired of seeing political/cultural issues framed in a way they disagree with haha

I like Yikes myself but I can see why someone wouldn't if they are on the receiving end of it. if you are often on that end of it though you're prob doing something wrong.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever people get bent out of shape about stuff like this I immediately either assume it's a neckbeard with a chip on their shoulder or you know, like Dwight / Angela from the Offfice type of person. It's a pretty childish thing to hate an entire group of people over.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Whenever people get bent out of shape about stuff like this I immediately either assume it's a neckbeard with a chip on their shoulder or you know, like Dwight / Angela from the Offfice type of person. It's a pretty childish thing to hate an entire group of people over.
In my country, hating an entire group of people for petty reasons is a rich and time honored tradition.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Do we have an official list of words we're not allowed to use on era?

Yikes and cringe are out.

We can't call a game fun because it doesn't convey your feelings in a 500 word post with sources cited.

What else?