• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017

I was coming in here to clown this negro. Boosie is OBSESSED with gay men. He's so obsessed anytime anything with a gay dude happens and ALWAYS speaks on it. It's super suspect to me. Additionally Boosie has admitted to paying a sex worker to rape a underage relative and has a song called "She Dykin" but is worried about the kids 🤔 The math is truly not mathing.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
I was coming in here to clown this negro. Boosie is OBSESSED with gay men. He's so obsessed anytime anything with a gay dude happens and ALWAYS speaks on it. It's super suspect to me. Additionally Boosie has admitted to paying a sex worker to rape a underage relative and has a song called "She Dykin" but is worried about the kids 🤔 The math is truly not mathing.
Mmmhmm. If I'm thinking about something at 6:40 am, I must really be into it🤔

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
it feels exploitative of trans bodies for shock value on one hand (i know trans men who have had kids and they were not celebrated like this, quite the opposite) and kind of flippant in the context of landmark attacks on reproductive freedom. but that's just me, i don't decide these things for everyone.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
it feels exploitative of trans bodies for shock value on one hand (i know trans men who have had kids and they were not celebrated like this, quite the opposite) and kind of flippant in the context of landmark attacks on reproductive freedom. but that's just me, i don't decide these things for everyone.
I've been mulling on this myself, so I understand where you're coming from

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Thank you for sharing your perspective on the matter. I was actually wondering how trans people felt about this marketing stunt (and I imagine there will probably be a diversity of opinions on the issue within the transgender community). I wasn't sure how it would be perceived because, as far as I understand, Lil Nas X isn't representing a trans person (not a trans man having a baby, but a cis man having a baby) and is playing up the hypothetical scenario of a cis man capable of having a baby (based on the metaphor of a 'baby' as a project) for shock value and attention. I wasn't sure if trans people would take his stunt to mean that Lil Nas X was representing a trans person or not, but based on what you've said about how you perceived it, I suppose it makes sense that some trans people would see it that way.

If you feel that any portion of my interpretation of what you said is off, please do not hesitate to correct me.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for sharing your perspective on the matter. I was actually wondering how trans people felt about this marketing stunt (and I imagine there will probably be a diversity of opinions on the issue within the transgender community). I wasn't sure how it would be perceived because, as far as I understand, Lil Nas X isn't representing a trans person (not a trans man having a baby, but a cis man having a baby) and is playing up the hypothetical scenario of a cis man capable of having a baby (based on the metaphor of a 'baby' as a project) for shock value and attention. I wasn't sure if trans people would take his stunt to mean that Lil Nas X was representing a trans person or not, but based on what you've said about how you perceived it, I suppose it makes sense that some trans people would see it that way.

If you feel that any portion of my interpretation of what you said is off, please do not hesitate to correct me.

For the record a trans person (hi) made this thread

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Given he made that correction in 6 minutes, I think it's a good example of why Twitter should allow tweets to be edited within 10 minutes of posting.

For the record a trans person (hi) made this thread

My apologies, I did not know (and if you've mentioned elsewhere, I do not recall). If my post, in any way, came across as ignoring your perspective, I apologize.

Thank you for making this thread, btw

Last edited:
OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
My apologies, I did not know (and if you've mentioned elsewhere, I do not recall). If my post, in any way, came across as ignoring your perspective, I apologize.

Thank you for making this thread, btw

S'all good, it's just important not to define this as something the Trans Community is de facto against.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

It's the stalker vibes for me. Giving very much obsession.

Also, and this is important to note:

While I don't necessarily think it's wrong to crack jokes about this particular situation (since Lil Nas X is clearly trolling him back at this point), I relate to this thread a lot.

Growing up a Queer Black person, some of most overt instances of hatred/violence aimed at me came from men who would privately admit attraction.

What would preface it was obsession; what followed was usually the threat of violence.

Thought it worth bringing up, because Boosie is being...well, quite a textbook example.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I went from being kinda indifferent (out of lack of knowing anything about him) to constantly being like "Lil Nas X fucking owns" pretty much all the time now.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

WTF

It's the stalker vibes for me. Giving very much obsession.

Also, and this is important to note:

While I don't necessarily think it's wrong to crack jokes about this particular situation (since Lil Nas X is clearly trolling him back at this point), I relate to this thread a lot.

Growing up a Queer Black person, some of most overt instances of hatred/violence aimed at me came from men who would privately admit attraction.

What would preface it was obsession; what followed was usually the threat of violence.

Thought it worth bringing up, because Boosie is being...well, quite a textbook example.

I can definitely relate to having similar experiences with similarly behaving men. It's really fucked up.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

So dude is donating to pregnant women

What a star

Check his tweets and replies and you'll see how many women he gave some money to.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Nas is just one of those people that was somehow 100% ready when the spotlight hit him.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
LilNasX is amazing. Looking forward to the new album. His trolling is also on another level.

The homophobic comments are really brutal to see though. I gotta stay away from the comment sections.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Nas is just one of those people that was somehow 100% ready when the spotlight hit him.
I always say it...when you keep in mind that Lil Nas X used to run a Nicki Minaj stan twitter account before he was famous, everything he does makes sense. Everything. lol