• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Is Retro Studios confirmed to be working on a new game? People always mention it.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing through UC ND Collection and I don't really like the feel of the 1st one...

Can I just skip it and go straight to 2? (Storywise)

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
How does digital game sharing on the PS4 work, if at all? The girlfriend and I both have our own consoles and accounts. How can she play my digital purchases, and visa versa, without her having to use my console (and account)?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
How does digital game sharing on the PS4 work, if at all? The girlfriend and I both have our own consoles and accounts. How can she play my digital purchases, and visa versa, without her having to use my console (and account)?

You make the other persons console your primary. Then you can play both sets if games on your own (as long as you're online).

emb

Oct 28, 2017
What's up with Armored Core? Did a bit of reading about those, and found there were a lot more of those games than I thought. Would it make any sense to stick with just the numbered titles, or are all those other ones equally essential?

Oct 28, 2017
What's up with Armored Core? Did a bit of reading about those, and found there were a lot more of those games than I thought. Would it make any sense to stick with just the numbered titles, or are all those other ones equally essential?

Armored Core was never about the story. It would make sense to play the most recent game and call it a day. They're about customizing and battling with huge robots. That's basically it. I can't imagine the earlier games have aged well (hell, the most recent one probably hasn't aged well).

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Armored Core was never about the story. It would make sense to play the most recent game and call it a day. They're about customizing and battling with huge robots. That's basically it. I can't imagine the earlier games have aged well (hell, the most recent one probably hasn't aged well).
Heh. That does seem like a pretty sound take. It's always been a series I've just kinda heard about, and been lightly curious about. I'll keep that in mind whenever I do decide to act on it.

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
So, if I wanted to use a Switch Pro or Xbox One controller with my PS4 (because let's be honest, Dualshocks are awful), how would I go about it? Well, I know about those fancy adapter dongle things, so let me rephrase: are there any necessary compromises with an adapter that would render using a non-native controller on the PS4 a noticeably 'worse' experience?

Oh, and do we have any indication of how much later MHW will be arriving on PC?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Heh. That does seem like a pretty sound take. It's always been a series I've just kinda heard about, and been lightly curious about. I'll keep that in mind whenever I do decide to act on it.

I have the same experience with the game. We're expecting a new one soonish right?

So, if I wanted to use a Switch Pro or Xbox One controller with my PS4 (because let's be honest, Dualshocks are awful), how would I go about it? Well, I know about those fancy adapter dongle things, so let me rephrase: are there any necessary compromises with an adapter that would render using a non-native controller on the PS4 a noticeably 'worse' experience?

I think you can a PS4 pad set up too when you're using a dongle in case you need the touch pad or whatever.

PS4 pad is actually my favourite pad. Jesus the the PS3 one was shit though.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Possibly not gaming related, but I see it all the time in gaming related chats and discussion...

asasasssssssdbusc.png

^ Who is this guy and what's the meme exactly? I can't really see any routine context for its usage.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 28, 2017

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013E2KD5M/?tag=era0f0-20

It's not perfect but it's the best you'll get.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Is Retro Studios confirmed to be working on a new game? People always mention it.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/28/wii-u-is-a-powerhouse-says-donkey-kong-country-developer

Since Tropical Freeze ended, yeah.

They also implied it wasn't an IP they'd worked on before, but far less people notice that.

Anyway, I've got a question that probably isn't worth a thread myself: Does anyone know what kind of data Nintendo might be monitoring off of games when you choose to allow them to observe it? I saw something that seemed to imply they were monitoring play times, but is it just basic stuff like that or do they keep track of things like which sidequests and minigames are completed most and equivalents to BotW's Heroes Path in each individual game too?

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that ever ordered a collector's box from Best Buy, how did they handle shipping for the item? I've been waiting for a certain title to get restocked at Amazon for nearly a month now and I'm concerned Best might be my only option. They offer free shipping since it's a preorder, but I'm worried they'll just toss it inside a package envelope and call it a day. Thanks in advance for your response!

Last edited:

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/28/wii-u-is-a-powerhouse-says-donkey-kong-country-developer

Since Tropical Freeze ended, yeah.

They also implied it wasn't an IP they'd worked on before, but far less people notice that.

Ah, ok, it's good to see this confirmed. I wasn't sure if the studio had faced a cancelled game, was undergoing restructuring, or in development hell or something, given it's been so long since I'd heard anything from them, especially with many studios facing layoffs these days.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, ok, it's good to see this confirmed. I wasn't sure if the studio had faced a cancelled game, was undergoing restructuring, or in development hell or something, given it's been so long since I'd heard anything from them, especially with many studios facing layoffs these days.
In case you notice the date on the article and worry it's not recent enough, they've also tweeted a Scrabble tray with the word "patience" far more recently. And barbecue, lots of barbecue.

They've got something, they're just very quiet and maybe teasing a little in ways that don't have to do with hinting games.

And they've been hiring people all through the time they've been quiet, so they aren't being hollowed out.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
In case you notice the date on the article and worry it's not recent enough, they've also tweeted a Scrabble tray with the word "patience" far more recently. And barbecue, lots of barbecue.

They've got something, they're just very quiet and maybe teasing a little in ways that don't have to do with hinting games.

And they've been hiring people all through the time they've been quiet, so they aren't being hollowed out.

Thanks! The tweets definitely help, since Scalebound was also announced back in 2014 only to be canned this year. I've heard they are known for maintaining surprise so I will wait patiently. And eat barbecue to tide myself over. Lots of barbecue.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
What is a good free video editor that can handle multiple audio tracks?

OpenShot was awesome until I went with game audio and mic audio separate. I can't find any documentation either, but I did find people asking same thing.

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone use a smiley with a 2 when playing rocket league? Is this something that ive missed?

:2

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I didn't know where else to ask this, so I'm just going to ask this here. It's not really gaming related, but it's Reset related, so close enough!

So how do you make the spoiler tags work? I STILL don't know how to do this! Can someone explain how to do it? Would be really appreciated!

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
I didn't know where else to ask this, so I'm just going to ask this here. It's not really gaming related, but it's Reset related, so close enough!

So how do you make the spoiler tags work? I STILL don't know how to do this! Can someone explain how to do it? Would be really appreciated!
what's below because when I try to do it even incorrectly the forum automatically fixes it for me.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017

Like this:

[ spoiler] :D [/spoiler]

Just take away the space and voila!

:D

Some people seem to be using "Hide" for some reason instead, which forces you to quote it to read it. I'm used to using "spoiler" from another forum already, so I never stumbled into the problem.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Quick corollary: ERA spoiler tags also allow you to put in a small description of what the spoiler entails, so people can know if they want to click it or not:

Instead of putting "spoiler" in the first square brackets, you put spoiler="<text>", replacing <text> with what you wish the label to be. The tag that opened this spoiler tag was written as [spoiler="Like this"]

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Something I've wondered for a while, but I'm sure it's a stupid question...

Why was last gen considered a failure for Nintendo? 3DS and PS4 have comparable install base, same with Wii U vs. Vita.

Is it a timing thing?

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something I've wondered for a while, but I'm sure it's a stupid question...
Why was last gen considered a failure for Nintendo? 3DS and PS4 have comparable install base, same with Wii U vs. Vita.
Is it a timing thing?

I believe it is just because people want to compare handhelds with handhelds and shelf consoles with shelf consoles since the relevancy timeframes "generation" are not exactly the same.
I first wrote a thought on why wii-u was unsuccessful, but doing so i was falling in the same trap...
Your guts are right if you crosschecked your facts, it was not a failing generation in terms of sales volume. Perhaps it was one in terms of revenue if attachment rates don't cover the fact that prices are lower for portable systems.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
So I got an xbox one s and amazingly doesn't come with a lithium battery for the controller... what??
Bought a plug and charge battery pack for the controller and it has a little orange LED on the cable. Only after the second time of using it doesn't light up. I can't even tell if it's charging. What gives?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
So I got an xbox one s and amazingly doesn't come with a lithium battery for the controller... what??
Bought a plug and charge battery pack for the controller and it has a little orange LED on the cable. Only after the second time of using it doesn't light up. I can't even tell if it's charging. What gives?

If it's plugged in is there not a charging icon on the screen when you hit the guide button?

There used to be one on 360.

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this question but I'll ask anyway

Please anyone tell me the name of this game. It is a 8-bit NES game, in the game there is a man who is running forward but as he jumps he transforms into a airplane and when he lands he transforms again from airplane to man

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think developers that make exclusive games for consoles secretly own pc versions of their own games that play better and run smoother?

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
How do you do the quote to reveal text?

See the icons above the blank page where you type out your posts? One of them looks like an eye. You click on that and you type your hidden text in between the "hide" and "/hide" boxes. Similarly, though, I wanna know how to hide spoilers without doing the "quote to reveal" thing.

I have a question of my own; should I use HDMI ARC/HDMI CEC for my Xbox One? I read somewhere that it would only give me stereo sound if I did that. Is that true?

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
For the FFXIII trilogy, where in my collection should I place Lightning returns?

Beside XIII and XIII-2 or with the Ls?

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I have another Reset related question. Not directly gaming related, but this is probably the best place to ask.

I've noticed when making a poll thread that there doesn't seem to be a way to make a poll before you post the thread. Is there a way to do this? If not, that's fine. I can just make the poll right after posting the thread, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything here. Any responses would be appreciated!

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
For the FFXIII trilogy, where in my collection should I place Lightning returns?

Beside XIII and XIII-2 or with the Ls?
As someone that arranges their collection by alphabetical order, I usually bend the rule for oddly named installments and group them by franchise with release order being another notable point of reference (ex. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition --> Rise of the Tomb Raider). Otherwise, you or someone else will have search for the next part by alphabet which can lead to arguably unnecessary confusion, especially when it comes to film collections.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that arranges their collection by alphabetical order, I usually bend the rule for oddly named installments and group them by franchise with release order being another notable point of reference (ex. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition --> Rise of the Tomb Raider). Otherwise, you or someone else will have search for the next part by alphabet which can lead to arguably unnecessary confusion, especially when it comes to film collections.
Yeah that's how I have it for Halo for example with 3>ODST>Reach>4. Something about having "Lightning" as the first word in the title threw me off. I think I will move it with the rest. Having it sandwiched between the Last Remnant and Lollipop Chainsaw seems wrong.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bought a used game and it has a code. Checked the code in PS Store and it says something about its content and has a redeem button.
That means the code isn't used, right? Don't want to use the code for my console.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a used game and it has a code. Checked the code in PS Store and it says something about its content and has a redeem button.
That means the code isn't used, right? Don't want to use the code for my console.
I would say yes. If it were already redeemed, you would have gotten a message that pretty much says that.

Sniffynose

Oct 30, 2017
How did Knack 2 happen?

Here's a funny story from a few nights ago.

My daughter LOVED Knack so we are playing Knack 2 together and she goes hey Dad is there going to be a Knack 3? I go uh prolly not cus it didn't sell too well, and she asks why, so I'm sweating at this point and go um well it came out around the same time as Destiny 2 so I guess people bought that instead. She goes but Knack isn't crappy at all it's like the best game ever.... I know hun... /comforts

That's why there was a Knack 2. He will always be there for us as long as we believe in him.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think developers that make exclusive games for consoles secretly own pc versions of their own games that play better and run smoother?
When I was in development, our editing toolset on PC ran in conjunction with a version of the game, so the designers could test gameplay without needing to go through the rigamarole of exporting to console - so yes, kind of.

That said, if it wasn't going to be a PC release, we'd make no concessions to optimisation, and no structural considerations; it was generally 'load in an environment and play it' , without a level progression, proper saving/loading, fixed control schemes, that sort of thing.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Anyone still playing the Division on PS4. How are the Dark Zones? I have never been in them, is it full of people trying to PVP or do people for the most part leave you alone to farm your loot?

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a 4GB Xbox 360 slim, a friend is giving me his 500GB HDD, which already has some digital games on it (obviously) on his account. Can I pop that HDD in my Xbox and play those games while signed into my account? Or those games would be unplayable, thus might as well format the HDD?