• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
am i just bad or is NHL 94 rewind incredibly difficult

i cant seem to score a single goal or whatever they call it in hockey. the other keepers are godlike

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Soon™

www.resetera.com

Game of the Year Voting Thread?

We're going to do game of the year, it's being a bit delayed due to fixing up the vote tool to handle ranked voting. Give it another week or two. We apologise for the wait.

Cheers. Figured the voting was delayed, but couldn't find anything with search.

But now I have time to finish Ghost of Tsushima and start 13 Sentinels

Calcutta

Oct 14, 2018
Can you use the Kinect to play uno on Xbox one?

I'm talking about the new uno game in 2016.

I have not seen a site that definitely says either way, but it would really bum me out if you can't!

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
The left stick on my PS5 controller isn't working properly. When I try moving a character forward, lots of times the character sort of stutters as if it is losing my directional input. I hope that makes sense. This issue persists across multiple games I've played. It has gotten so bad that I've gone back to using my PS4 controller for now.
What do I do?

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
The left stick on my PS5 controller isn't working properly. When I try moving a character forward, lots of times the character sort of stutters as if it is losing my directional input. I hope that makes sense. This issue persists across multiple games I've played. It has gotten so bad that I've gone back to using my PS4 controller for now.
What do I do?

You probably have drift and need to contact Sony support.

Daft Muppet

Oct 27, 2017
Been struggling to find an answer on this.

There's no difference in performance or anything with PT on a PS4 pro vs standard PS4, right?

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
From a feature in Retro Gamer about Tim Schafer and Double Fine, I've just come across Host Master and the Conquest of Humour and its sequel Host Master Deux: Quest for Identity, and I'm intrigued. Info below from Wikipedia and RPS, but the links to play seem to be dead. As these were apparently played in browsers with Flash, am I out of luck if I wanted to try them out?

www.rockpapershotgun.com

Host Master And The Conquest Of Humour. Yes.

It's the season of GDC award ceremonies. RPS isn't going to be there. We don't like other people and, more relevantly, …
www.rockpapershotgun.com

Tim Schafer In Host Master Deux: Host Harder

It's not actually called Host Harder, but it should have been, right? All I'm saying is Double Fine, if you want to pay…

Been struggling to find an answer on this.

There's no difference in performance or anything with PT on a PS4 pro vs standard PS4, right?
PT 'released' in 2014, but the PS4 Pro not until 2016, so no, there won't be any differences.

Last edited:

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
From a feature in Retro Gamer about Tim Schaefer and Double Fine, I've just come across Host Master and the Conquest of Humour and its sequel Host Master Deux: Quest for Identity, and I'm intrigued. Info below from Wikipedia and RPS, but the links to play seem to be dead. As these were apparently played in browsers with Flash, am I out of luck if I wanted to try them out?

www.rockpapershotgun.com

Host Master And The Conquest Of Humour. Yes.

It's the season of GDC award ceremonies. RPS isn't going to be there. We don't like other people and, more relevantly, …
www.rockpapershotgun.com

Tim Schafer In Host Master Deux: Host Harder

It's not actually called Host Harder, but it should have been, right? All I'm saying is Double Fine, if you want to pay…

I did some digging and it seems indeed possible:

Download the Flash Player projector content debugger and use the archived version of the flash file:
http://web.archive.org/web/20200124.../themes/site_themes/default/flash/GDCgame.swf or https://web.archive.org/web/2019031...e_themes/default/flash/hostmaster2_final1.swf

Haven't tried to play, but both seem to load. Might be worth to save all files locally in case they get lost/removed from archive.org

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I did some digging and it seems indeed possible:

Download the Flash Player projector content debugger and use the archived version of the flash file:
http://web.archive.org/web/20200124.../themes/site_themes/default/flash/GDCgame.swf or https://web.archive.org/web/2019031...e_themes/default/flash/hostmaster2_final1.swf

Haven't tried to play, but both seem to load. Might be worth to save all files locally in case they get lost/removed from archive.org
Ah, excellent - I should have thought of archive.org. Thanks!

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
I don't know if we have a thread specific for recommendations, but Murdered Soul Suspect is worth it ? Is for sale in PSN of my country.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Does anyone know how big the box is for the X-Men vs Street Fighter (Saturn) + RAM pack bundle? Like, is it about as deep/wide as two Japanese Saturn jewel cases?

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
is there anyway to play a new game of Sunset Overdrive if you've already beaten the game? A while back i wanted to replay the game from scratch with a new character, but there's no option I can find other than creating another gamertag.

Oct 25, 2017
I've always wondered. Japan must have companies that crunch right? Why do we never see reports on it?

More my 2 cents than a conclusive report, but there's a stereotype of Japan having crunch across sectors- look up Salaryman culture for more. So I guess it might not be seen as newsworthy over there, but I don't know what their games journalism scene is like either.

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Guys, I'm looking for something very specific, but I don't think it's thread-worthy. Does someone have good billiards (pool) games on either PSP or PS1 that they can recommend? I remember playing a lot of Dōkyū: Billiard Master in the PS1 when I was a wee lad, but I'm not really sure if it still holds up. Pocket Pool always comes up on searches for PSP games in that niche, though I know it was considered very poor 😬

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Do saves from PS4 games work on PS5? I just started Skyrim on PS4 but am hoping I might have a chance at catching a PS5 this week and I'd rather not start again.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Does Disgaea 5 play well on Switch ?
Yes, it plays fine. At least as well as any of the previous games on PS3/PSP/Vita.

I never knew much about the Dreamcast but was it a flop?
Not just a flop, a cascading flop. It was sold cheaply but the only time and place that it sold in any significant numbers was the North American launch. Sega spent large amounts of money on advertising but what they did was largely ineffective (one North American campaign showed a weather map with the Dreamcast logo as an approaching cloud - people who saw it didn't have a clue what it meant; a European ad campaign saying "up to six billion players" had to be pulled as false advertising). Sega spent lots of money on game development (the quality, quantity and diversity of the first party Dreamcast library is astounding for how short a life it had) for a system that wasn't selling well, meaning the games didn't sell well. Many key third parties limited their support or just stayed away entirely (EA most notably). Sega had bet heavily on SegaNet, their online subscription service, which launched at a price in the US of US$22 per month. To try to make this more attractive, Sega dropped the price of the Dreamcast to US$149 and rebated that entire cost to anyone who took out an 18-month SegaNet subscription.

Sega posted loss after loss during this time, resulting in this famous graph:

1920px-Sega_Annual_Income%28Loss%29_1993-2004.svg.png

Figures are in millions of Yen with an exchange rate at the time of approximately 120 Yen to one US dollar, so the losses here are in the US$300M to US$420M range per year, and you can see that their losses during the Dreamcast era in any particular year are significantly greater than their profits at the height of the Mega Drive/Genesis.

Do saves from PS4 games work on PS5? I just started Skyrim on PS4 but am hoping I might have a chance at catching a PS5 this week and I'd rather not start again.
Yes, if you have a Plus subscription you can go to the cloud storage area from the PS5 menu and download whatever saves you like. You can also transfer PS4 save data to PS5 during the initial setup (needs both consoles) or with USB. I'd say that if you're subscribed to Plus then the cloud save transfer is probably the easiest way.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Yes, if you have a Plus subscription you can go to the cloud storage area from the PS5 menu and download whatever saves you like. You can also transfer PS4 save data to PS5 during the initial setup (needs both consoles) or with USB. I'd say that if you're subscribed to Plus then the cloud save transfer is probably the easiest way.
Excellent, that's just what I needed to hear. Thanks!

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
Im currently playing The Medium on xbsx. so I just completed the water pump puzzle , I can no longer interact with the pump machine, but I got the dialogue saying its completed. only I think I have some how soft locked the game!? I can't go left because the door is blocked( under water level) and I can't go right because the floor is electrified? Please help I was really enjoying this game, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. I can leave in spirit form but can't see anyway to progress.

Nov 4, 2017
Really stupid question here... So, I went to purchase The Witcher 3 in the Xbox sale today and it told me I already had it. Great, I thought, but couldn't find any emails confirming my purchase but lo and behold, the store states I own it. I proceed to load it up successfully with no disc inserted so guess I must have just deleted the email and forgot about owning it.
I quit out of the game and download a few other things but then I get a message stating that I need to insert the game disc to finish off some installing. I look around and find the disc! What is this witchcraft? I inserted the disc, let it do its stuff and I can still load the game without the disc!
What is going on here?

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
My persona 5 strikers switch preorder got cancelled today , I called support and they told me that they take the preorder funds 6-7 days before release, is that how normal Nintendo preorders work?when I preorder PS4 games , I just pay on the day I preorder and I just wait for the game to release. I payed for P5 strikers on the 1st but my preorder still got cancelled, it sucks losing our money and the game but I guess I can buy it next month, this just feels silly to me.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Can anyone recommend a good headset for PS5? I was looking at the Pulse headset but it's pricey enough but also has a lot of poor reviews across most sites mostly citing the microphone and also a few saying it isn't really much better than a fairly average headset. I can just about afford something in the same price range if it's worth it or lower.

Jul 26, 2019
The Netherlands
I don't know if this is the correct thread to ask this. It is a (very) stupid question though, and I just gotta ask, because it is in my head for a whole week now, lol.

I played the main Kingdom Hearts games (1 and 2 to completion on the PS2, part 3 I got halfway through, on PS4) . The all in one collection for PS4 is on sale right now. I am actually not interested in playing the whole games through anymore. However, I would love to just play and select some random (Disney) worlds now and then and get some action going in these beautiful worlds.

Does anyone know if I could download some savegames from people who finished these games, so all worlds are selectable? And if this is possible by any means: can you select worlds and play their story again if it was already finished?

I feel almost ashamed of the question, because I know these games aren't made to be played like this, ofcourse. But like I said: I can't get the premise out of my head, haha.

(How I would love a 'mode' like for example in the Master Chief Collection, where you can select any level from any Halo game you like!)

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I don't know if this is the correct thread to ask this. It is a (very) stupid question though, and I just gotta ask, because it is in my head for a whole week now, lol.

I played the main Kingdom Hearts games (1 and 2 to completion on the PS2, part 3 I got halfway through, on PS4) . The all in one collection for PS4 is on sale right now. I am actually not interested in playing the whole games through anymore. However, I would love to just play and select some random (Disney) worlds now and then and get some action going in these beautiful worlds.

Does anyone know if I could download some savegames from people who finished these games, so all worlds are selectable? And if this is possible by any means: can you select worlds and play their story again if it was already finished?

I feel almost ashamed of the question, because I know these games aren't made to be played like this, ofcourse. But like I said: I can't get the premise out of my head, haha.

(How I would love a 'mode' like for example in the Master Chief Collection, where you can select any level from any Halo game you like!)
Not possible, I'm afraid - PS4 save games are locked to the profile that created them.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I decided to plug in my Ps3 because I have an inkling to play LittleBigPlanet 2 again. But every time I keep trying to connect to the internet, I am getting error 80710016. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Oct 30, 2017
I am playing Nier Automata and am following spoiler free guides on how to see the true ending. I've gotten endings A and B. Reading up on C and D, it looks like I have a dialogue choice to make during the final boss that'll give me one or the other. To see Ending E, do I need both C and D? Meaning play it a 3rd and 4th time so I can choose both of those options or can I simply go
A ,B, C, E
or
A, B, D, E

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Did Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 get updated to change absolutely everything and make it mind boggling to even play?

Decided to fire it up again and nothing is as I remember it, starting a new campaign I'm presented with odd menus about picking a restaurant and selecting food in bubble icons? Saved and quit out after fumbling around for 5 minutes.

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil
I am playing Nier Automata and am following spoiler free guides on how to see the true ending. I've gotten endings A and B. Reading up on C and D, it looks like I have a dialogue choice to make during the final boss that'll give me one or the other. To see Ending E, do I need both C and D? Meaning play it a 3rd and 4th time so I can choose both of those options or can I simply go
A ,B, C, E
or
A, B, D, E

Yes, you need to do both C and D, but you unlock chapter select after doing either of those, so it won't be an issue

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Did Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 get updated to change absolutely everything and make it mind boggling to even play?

Decided to fire it up again and nothing is as I remember it, starting a new campaign I'm presented with odd menus about picking a restaurant and selecting food in bubble icons? Saved and quit out after fumbling around for 5 minutes.
As I remember it, selecting food in bubble icons is choosing your menu for the day. Each food can have positive and negative traits, including menu rot (giving your restaurant a negative trait if it's been on the menu too many days in a row). To start out, it's like two entrees, one side and a drink. You can save multiple menus for your restaurant and cycle through them, instead of toggling items in and out on the same menu every day. You can only add items to the menu once they're unlocked. And I think saving multiple menus might also be an unlockable feature.

As for choosing a restaurant, each day you can work in your own restaurant or in other predefined restaurants (with their own menus, including items you may not have unlocked).

It's been a little bit since I played, but that's what I remember from the early game.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
As I remember it, selecting food in bubble icons is choosing your menu for the day. Each food can have positive and negative traits, including menu rot (giving your restaurant a negative trait if it's been on the menu too many days in a row). To start out, it's like two entrees, one side and a drink. You can save multiple menus for your restaurant and cycle through them, instead of toggling items in and out on the same menu every day. You can only add items to the menu once they're unlocked. And I think saving multiple menus might also be an unlockable feature.

As for choosing a restaurant, each day you can work in your own restaurant or in other predefined restaurants (with their own menus, including items you may not have unlocked).

It's been a little bit since I played, but that's what I remember from the early game.

Huh. Could have sworn the interface was completely different last time i played. Maybe I'm just thinking of csd 1

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Huh. Could have sworn the interface was completely different last time i played. Maybe I'm just thinking of csd 1
It's possible. Looking at Steam, I last played it about a year ago. By "early game," I just mean early on in a playthrough. I didn't play it at launch, so maybe it was different, or changed from early access or something.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
What's Plastic up to these days?
I really enjoyed Bound. I always hoped that Datura would've been ported to PSVR...

They have such a great style. I'd love to see another game from them.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Question about Zelda: Breath of the Wild and as a newcomer who finally wants to jump in after the Skyward Sword announcement:

I'm not reluctant to BotW's new approach, away from classic Zelda design, but how is the story? From all the sandbox options, can I still play it more classical? I loved in games like OoT how the narrative guided you through and to new locations: the outsider boy who leaves his home village, sets out to the castle as a big new location and city, then to the small town Kakariko and the mountain towering the town, and then to the Zora's domain and back to the woods to receive the master sword to revisit a vastly changed Hyrule when you step out of the cathedral. It's phenomenal, even by today standards.

How does BotW compare to this? How are the characters I'm going to meet and interact with? Are they memorable and have unique stories as in other games, like Anju and her fiance in MM, the Zora princess in OoT, Midna from TP?

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Question about Zelda: Breath of the Wild and as a newcomer who finally wants to jump in after the Skyward Sword announcement:

I'm not reluctant to BotW's new approach, away from classic Zelda design, but how is the story? From all the sandbox options, can I still play it more classical? I loved in games like OoT how the narrative guided you through and to new locations: the outsider boy who leaves his home village, sets out to the castle as a big new location and city, then to the small town Kakariko and the mountain towering the town, and then to the Zora's domain and back to the woods to receive the master sword to revisit a vastly changed Hyrule when you step out of the cathedral. It's phenomenal, even by today standards.

How does BotW compare to this? How are the characters I'm going to meet and interact with? Are they memorable and have unique stories as in other games, like Anju and her fiance in MM, the Zora princess in OoT, Midna from TP?
From my perspective as a newcomer to the series with BOTW, honestly there aren't too many characters you meet that stand out specifically. You're encouraged to explore more than in most games but naturally have your main story beats to aim towards but the game is definitely more exploration-focused than story focused (IIRC this was a complain from some people that thought it would have a meatier amount of content in this regard). I still really enjoyed it, and that's coming from someone that loves open world and sandbox games but has struggled with them in recent years as I have a lot less time to play and really enjoy them, but with this I made sure whatever time I had I used to play this. But if you're asking me to tell you something detailed about the characters you meet along the way, honestly I can't say I can say very much off of the top of my head. But as I said this is from a newbie's perspective so maybe my opinion isn't one you should read too much into. If it helps I definitely think the sequel will improve this a lot from the way BOTW panned out.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
am i just bad or is NHL 94 rewind incredibly difficult

i cant seem to score a single goal or whatever they call it in hockey. the other keepers are godlike

Super late, but not it's not you. Fuck NHL 94 Rewind. Ive even loaded up similar-era titles like NHL 96 (I grew up with it so that's my go-to) and it's still easier to play than NHL94R. I'm just glad I got it via GamePass/EA Play and didn't spend actual money on it.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
From my perspective as a newcomer to the series with BOTW, honestly there aren't too many characters you meet that stand out specifically. You're encouraged to explore more than in most games but naturally have your main story beats to aim towards but the game is definitely more exploration-focused than story focused (IIRC this was a complain from some people that thought it would have a meatier amount of content in this regard). I still really enjoyed it, and that's coming from someone that loves open world and sandbox games but has struggled with them in recent years as I have a lot less time to play and really enjoy them, but with this I made sure whatever time I had I used to play this. But if you're asking me to tell you something detailed about the characters you meet along the way, honestly I can't say I can say very much off of the top of my head. But as I said this is from a newbie's perspective so maybe my opinion isn't one you should read too much into. If it helps I definitely think the sequel will improve this a lot from the way BOTW panned out.
Okay, so this is pretty much what I was being told on reddit, too. Thank you!

I guess I'll devote my time then to Wind Waker instead (that, SS, and BotW are the only main line Zeldas I haven't played yet). I usually need a lot of time to finish a game so that alone should keep me busy until SS HD and, maybe, after that BotW2 isn't too far away and will hopefully 'improve' on what I'm looking for in a game. If its release then is still far away I can always jump into BotW1 :)