• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
How do you but from different regions on the eshop? And what are the downsides to doing it?
You either need to zero out your balance to change regions (for some regions you have the option to forfeit any spare money) or set up different accounts for different regions with their own balances.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Why can't we have an arcade revival in the US? It seems like people always get excited when they see gimmicky arcade games like DDR, racing games, arcade shooters, etc and Japan has been getting crazier with the physical aspect of games over the years.

I feel like stuff like Jubeat, Dance Rush, Gunslinger Stratos, YuGiOh duels terminals, and Dragon Ball Heroes could pull in huge crowds if marketed well? Or maybe i'm Just way too into gaming and overestimate how much people would like unique gaming experiences they can't have at home.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Why can't we have an arcade revival in the US? It seems like people always get excited when they see gimmicky arcade games like DDR, racing games, arcade shooters, etc and Japan has been getting crazier with the physical aspect of games over the years.

I feel like stuff like Jubeat, Dance Rush, Gunslinger Stratos, YuGiOh duels terminals, and Dragon Ball Heroes could pull in huge crowds if marketed well? Or maybe i'm Just way too into gaming and overestimate how much people would like unique gaming experiences they can't have at home.
Because people nowadays can in fact have most gaming experiences at home. Arcades were a thing when they had the technological edge.

J3wB0y_072

Feb 18, 2018
I want to buy a japanese Switch that comes with a Mario Odyssey game, a case and screen protector. I can't speak or read japanese, so i ask: is there any difference from the USA model?

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Because people nowadays can in fact have most gaming experiences at home. Arcades were a thing when they had the technological edge.

But isn't there value in tactile experiences? Dance Rush is a dancing game with a giant weight and position sensor, racing/flight games have entire seats or cabins that move and rumble, there's arcade game with physical cards, guns that magnetically lock, tables you flip, physical drums, etc. I'm not talking about like single player narrative or moba or FPS, i'm talking stuff with colors and lights for casual people to enjoy

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
But isn't there value in tactile experiences? Dance Rush is a dancing game with a giant weight and position sensor, racing/flight games have entire seats or cabins that move and rumble, there's arcade game with physical cards, guns that magnetically lock, tables you flip, physical drums, etc. I'm not talking about like single player narrative or moba or FPS, i'm talking stuff with colors and lights for casual people to enjoy
Casual people enjoy the convenience of their homes more, I'd wager.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
is it safe to assume the Xbone X will have some sort of discount Black Friday this year?

OP
OP
Coolclimate0

Coolclimate0

Oct 27, 2017
So-Cal
Okay I've been waiting a while, does anyone know if there is any chance that Disgaea 5 will be getting a complete edition on PS4? I really want the game, but I want the DLC with it and really don't want to buy each piece individually or the season pass. I figured by now they would have the bundle released. I've searched on the internet but because of the switch version usually it just pulls up information about that not really pertaining to whether it's being released on PS4. Should I keep waiting or am I just dreaming?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Okay I've been waiting a while, does anyone know if there is any chance that Disgaea 5 will be getting a complete edition on PS4? I really want the game, but I want the DLC with it and really don't want to buy each piece individually or the season pass. I figured by now they would have the bundle released. I've searched on the internet but because of the switch version usually it just pulls up information about that not really pertaining to whether it's being released on PS4. Should I keep waiting or am I just dreaming?

No word but what's the difference between a goty edition and buying the game plus season pass?

They definitely won't incorporate the season pass content into the game with any potential re-release. That's never done. So you'll be downloading the dlc seperate regardless.

OP
OP
Coolclimate0

Coolclimate0

Oct 27, 2017
So-Cal
No word but what's the difference between a goty edition and buying the game plus season pass?

They definitely won't incorporate the season pass content into the game with any potential re-release. That's never done. So you'll be downloading the dlc seperate regardless.
I just wanted to see one price with all the content. I feel like with the game being out for so long they should have a disc version that has all the DLC already done for 40 bucks. I guess I'm just being cheap.

Dubz

Nov 3, 2017
Los Angeles
How do I actually take a picture in Mario Oddessy on Switch? I think I've tried every button in phot mode to actually shoot the camera but nothing seems to work.

/embarrassing

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Was there ever an in-universe reason given as to why certain Link's swords in the various Zeldas can shoot beams and others can't?

Nope. It's a mechanic from the original game that made sense for gameplay reasons, that has now stuck around the series. Like everything in Zelda, explaining it would just make it worse.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Can somonene point me in the right direction of a really decent re7 Lets play? commentary is cool screaming is not, if anything id prefer just a regular ass person going through it. Can't wait to play myself.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can somonene point me in the right direction of a really decent re7 Lets play? commentary is cool screaming is not, if anything id prefer just a regular ass person going through it. Can't wait to play myself.

Platform32 did a PSVR walkthrough of it. Does talk during it but just normal talk not hyperactiveness.

If you know the Eurogamer video team he's one of them

Oct 27, 2017
So I was playing SOMA on PS4, got to what I assume to be near the end of Omicron, and I'm running back to the Dive room to
Reassemble a new body
, and I run into an invisible wall that won't let me into the room. It's not the monster that's getting me, because I have time to turn around and look at it coming after hitting the wall. I tried reloading to an earlier save to no avail. Any suggestions?

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Toki Tori 2+ on Switch and I'm unsure if I finished the game. I don't really want to go and 100% it, but I have done the following:

I've got all 5 frogs to the crystal, which was destroyed. I found bird paradise at the beach and got the achievement. I've only done 2/4 of the little gold piece deposit things but I figured that was a 100% thing? I haven't seen credits (I tried researching and some poeple said it happens at the beach but I didn't see any)
I'm kinda done with the game but don't want to put it down prematurely. Does anyone have any idea? Have I "Finished" it?

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Is there some way to stop my PS4 turning on when I press the PS button on a PS4 controller? I've been through settings and Google and I can't find anything, unless I'm just missing the obvious.

I thought turning off the PS4 instead of using rest mode would do it, but it turns out that's just standby by another name. Obviously there's the physical power switch but I figured there must be a better solution that that.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
So I was playing SOMA on PS4, got to what I assume to be near the end of Omicron, and I'm running back to the Dive room to
Reassemble a new body
, and I run into an invisible wall that won't let me into the room. It's not the monster that's getting me, because I have time to turn around and look at it coming after hitting the wall. I tried reloading to an earlier save to no avail. Any suggestions?
Isn't there a door you have to crouch under or open beforehand? Been a while since I've played but pretty sure there's somewhere you have to crouch under.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Is there some way to stop my PS4 turning on when I press the PS button on a PS4 controller? I've been through settings and Google and I can't find anything, unless I'm just missing the obvious.

I thought turning off the PS4 instead of using rest mode would do it, but it turns out that's just standby by another name. Obviously there's the physical power switch but I figured there must be a better solution that that.

I don't think so. Maybe there's unofficial pads without the button?

Kids messing with them?

Oct 27, 2017

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Okay, so, I'm trying to get Vanquish the best I can on my laptop (GTX 1080 with an Intel i5 6600K) and I would hope that judging from the Digital Foundry video that I would easily hit well above 60fps when running in 4k, but alas, I can't even seem to get anywhere above 70-80fps on average at 1080p. Current game settings:

Resolution: 1920x1080
AA: Edge 8x
Texture quality: High
Texture filtering: 16x
Shadow: High
SSAO: High
HDR: On
LOD: Off
Motion blur: Off

I also just updated my drivers just in case, but nope. Whenever I try 4k, the framerate just tanks, down to the 20s, at least. Anyone want to help me figure out the problem?

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Can supersampling be improved through firmware updates? Maybe it's just my TV being old (it has no wifi connection/smart features), but I can't say I see a difference between how games looked on my original Xbox One and how they look on my Xbox One X, even with games that got an X enhancement patch, like Witcher 3 and Halo 5; it's certainly not a night and day difference like many people have said. Could supersampling be improved to change that? Then again, maybe it would take a side-by-side comparison to really appreciate the supersampling on X-enhanced games.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Can supersampling be improved through firmware updates? Maybe it's just my TV being old (it has no wifi connection/smart features), but I can't say I see a difference between how games looked on my original Xbox One and how they look on my Xbox One X, even with games that got an X enhancement patch, like Witcher 3 and Halo 5; it's certainly not a night and day difference like many people have said. Could supersampling be improved to change that? Then again, maybe it would take a side-by-side comparison to really appreciate the supersampling on X-enhanced games.

Super sampling isn't night and day. 1080p to 4k is night and day though.

Supersampling is a nice bonus that gets rid of some jaggies. I don't think having a newer 1080p TV would make much difference on that front.

How big is the TV?

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
This has been bugging me a while even though it is a stupid terminology question.

Would you consider Mega Man X a metrodviania game? the order of the stages is not linear and there is a fair amount of backtracking to do.

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
This has been bugging me a while even though it is a stupid terminology question.

Would you consider Mega Man X a metrodviania game? the order of the stages is not linear and there is a fair amount of backtracking to do.

I don't think so. There world isn't interconnected. It's a series of individual stages. To me, having a single game map is a key aspect of the Metroidvania genre.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Super sampling isn't night and day. 1080p to 4k is night and day though.

Supersampling is a nice bonus that gets rid of some jaggies. I don't think having a newer 1080p TV would make much difference on that front.

How big is the TV?

Ah. I think that answers that. To answer your question, my TV is 40 inches and I sit approximately 6-7 feet away from it.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Ah. I think that answers that. To answer your question, my TV is 40 inches and I sit approximately 6 feet away from it.

Same as my current setup though I sit a bit closer.

I notice it if I change i play both versions in quick successions and it's more apparent in certain games.

I have a 4k TV that I'll be getting back to over the Summer. You should bring your X to a 4k owning friends house to test it out. You won't be long saving up for one after that. ;)

jimjonjimmy

Oct 27, 2017
In Sonic Adventure 2 in the level Final Rush, what is up with that weird noise when grinding rails? The sound is like a weird slide whistle sound that goes up and done in pitch. Is there a a reason for this?

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
I suppose I can ask this here. In Undertale is
the sans genocide route battle
considered a spoiler? I'm creating a trailer for a show and our video tech mounted a bit of that battle and it's wonderful, but I'm thinking if people will complain about it being a spoiler.
I guess only the people who already knows it can complain, so they aren't really spoilered...

What do you guys think?

Baleoce

Oct 27, 2017
Why are F2P and even B2P games allowed to have their own real-money-inexchangefor exclusive "dollareydoos" currency? Why doesn't the ESRB or whoever just force them to display the items they'd otherwise purchase from that particular currency with real money? Just say, "This costs £7.99". I'm a little tipsy so this might not have been explained very well. But in a lot of these games there's a currency type that you can only get from using your credit/debit card. So why bother calling it whatever proprietary currency they've arbitrarily named it as? All it does is give kids the excuse to say "oh shit, I didn't know this costs actual money?" when they probably know damn well what they're doing. Sure, the parent should be more aware of what they're getting into, but at the same time stuff like this just seems like it's baiting confusion from otherwise oblivious parents. I think Nintendo Switches parental controls mobile app is a step in the right direction for what it's worth, as it doesn't require the parent to be able to operate and navigate the console itself, something I think gaming enthusiasts, including those with kids themselves, probably take for granted.

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose I can ask this here. In Undertale is
the sans genocide route battle
considered a spoiler? I'm creating a trailer for a show and our video tech mounted a bit of that battle and it's wonderful, but I'm thinking if people will complain about it being a spoiler.
I guess only the people who already knows it can complain, so they aren't really spoilered...

What do you guys think?
I'd argue that it's definitely a spoiler simply because
he's literally the final boss of that particular route.