• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
Here's one. My internet sucks and my PS4 hard drive is full. But i noticed I have Elder Scrolls online, looked up the download size and it's something insane like 110gb. Now before I commit to downloading it over 2 days and clearing out loads of games, is it any good? Now is the perfect time to play a long-ass game but wondering if the quests and writing are actually any good? And does it play better than Skyrim's boring combat?

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I'm using ePsXe on Android and AZ to record some of the gaming, but the audio is not recording. What should I do?

Oathkeeper

Apr 1, 2018
What happens when you download a game on PSN and enough GB has been downloaded to start the game but the full thing hasn't been downloaded yet?

For example, application needs 5 GB to be able to start, 50 GB total. 5 GB has been downloaded. I start the application. Will it just stop me during the game at some point if the remaining 45 GB isn't finished yet or what?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
What happens when you download a game on PSN and enough GB has been downloaded to start the game but the full thing hasn't been downloaded yet?

For example, application needs 5 GB to be able to start, 50 GB total. 5 GB has been downloaded. I start the application. Will it just stop me during the game at some point if the remaining 45 GB isn't finished yet or what?

This depends on the game but in general most game will just tell you that you now have to wait for the rest of the download and some will allow you to just play the tutorial and lock everything else.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What is the state of the older Resident Evil "Remake" games on the PS4?

I have RE2 and RE7, will be purchasing RE3.

I see that I purchased Resident Evil for PS4. There is also Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 on the system. Are those just Up-res versions or have they been "modernized"?

I'm not even going to bother with RE6.

Scary_Larry

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
So, I purchased Borderland 3 Ultimate Edition (physical) that came with the Season Pass. I traded it in months ago, but wanna jump in again. If I buy it digitally now that it's on sale - will that Season Pass voucher still be valid?

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
So apparently Nintendo partnered with Tencent to release the Switch in China?

Isn't Tencent in favor of government censorship, the "social credit" system, and other forms of fascism? I need to get my facts straight before I make a stink about this.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Is there a website that sends notification that a (console) game is released? I have always the problem espescially with Indie games that i forget that these are released

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
So, for Microsoft Rewards contests, does anyone know if the winners are contacted at all? The emails they send out when you make an entry sort of make it sound like maybe they don't.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
So, for Microsoft Rewards contests, does anyone know if the winners are contacted at all? The emails they send out when you make an entry sort of make it sound like maybe they don't.
While I've never won, I'm sure that they do.

..and from checking the first contest entry page that I could find:

"This sweepstakes ends April 28, 2020. After notifying the winners directly, we'll announce them here."

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Does GTA Vice City have the 4:3 option on PS4?
Every vid I've seen is widescreen, and I remember that game having the sort of zoomed in widescreen.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking about getting a used 3ds since my old one's defunct, and I've been trying to sort out the eshop / NNID business.

1) Almost all my games are physical except a couple snes titles, in order to still have access to those do I need to unlink my NNID from my old 3ds and link it to the new one? Is such a thing even possible when one of the systems is bricked? I assume the save data of physical cartridges should be intact.

2) Assuming the used system I get has already an NNID linked to it, will there be a problem if I set up my own account and try to buy stuff from the eshop? Actually is it possible for me to delete the old NNID attached to it, without needing the seller's credentials?

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I'm thinking about getting a used 3ds since my old one's defunct, and I've been trying to sort out the eshop / NNID business.

1) Almost all my games are physical except a couple snes titles, in order to still have access to those do I need to unlink my NNID from my old 3ds and link it to the new one? Is such a thing even possible when one of the systems is bricked? I assume the save data of physical cartridges should be intact.

2) Assuming the used system I get has already an NNID linked to it, will there be a problem if I set up my own account and try to buy stuff from the eshop? Actually is it possible for me to delete the old NNID attached to it, without needing the seller's credentials?
IIRC a factory reset should remove an NNID from the 3DS that you purchase, but assuming that you're unable to do a system transfer (which needs your old 3DS to be operational) you'll need to contact Nintendo customer support to unlink your NNID from your old 3DS. The SNES VC games will be tied to your NNID so you will need to do this.

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC a factory reset should remove an NNID from the 3DS that you purchase, but assuming that you're unable to do a system transfer (which needs your old 3DS to be operational) you'll need to contact Nintendo customer support to unlink your NNID from your old 3DS. The SNES VC games will be tied to your NNID so you will need to do this.
Cheers, I'm gonna contact them when I get it.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
How do I know if my HD rumble is broken, or if HD rumble is just really bad? I basically get the equivalent vibration of a text message on my phone, with an annoying hollow noise

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know when this happened but I guess devs with crossplay enabled games have given up all sense of trying to make them fair.

I remember when Shadowrun FPS first launched as one of the first crossplatform (PC XBOX) games. They purposely tuned recoil settings on PC to essentially "nerf" them.

Then we had the advent of XIM mouse and keyboard set ups and whatnot. Devs cracked down on those and banned anyone using that as an input because it was considered cheating.

Nowadays? CoD Warzone is completley crossplay enabled without any way to opt out. There's no balancing between keyboard/mouse and controller. In fact, in a lot of games its actually EASIER to shoot with a mouse and keyboard because they REMOVE recoil (Hi Destiny)

I also see Microsoft at least completley supporting allowing mouse and keyboard for xbox games. I see this in Apex at the high ranks now. People making impossible quick movements. If you want to play with the big boys you better find a way to get a mouse and keyboard and get a table into your living room or something.

I love that barriers are being broken down but I really wish they had the tools to properly enforce fairness instead of just lumping everyone into the same multiplayer pools.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
How do I know if my HD rumble is broken, or if HD rumble is just really bad? I basically get the equivalent vibration of a text message on my phone, with an annoying hollow noise
Not all Switch games use HD Rumble, some use regular Rumble. Also it's more prominent in the Joycon than the Pro Controller.
Why was the GameCube sometimes abbreviated as GCN?
Because that's how Nintendo preferred it to be abbreviated as.

Also NGC was taken.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this fall how much do consoles go for on eBay after they get sold out in the fall ? I know that they'll be in hot demand but does anybody know

Cicero

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was curious about the video game subscription services out there. Is there anything missing from my list below?

Apple Arcade
PS+
PS Now
Xbox Live Gold
Xbox GamePass
Nintendo Switch Online
Google Stadia Pro
GeForce Now
EA Access
Origins Access
UPlay+
Shadow
Vortex

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I was curious about the video game subscription services out there. Is there anything missing from my list below?

Apple Arcade
PS+
PS Now
Xbox Live Gold
Xbox GamePass
Nintendo Switch Online
Google Stadia Pro
GeForce Now
EA Access
Origins Access
UPlay+
Shadow
Vortex
You might want to consider the three types of Game Pass separately? Console, PC and Ultimate.

AMD

Oct 27, 2017

Apple Arcade
PS+
PS Now
Xbox Live Gold
Xbox GamePass
Nintendo Switch Online
Google Stadia Pro
GeForce Now
EA Access
Origins Access
UPlay+
Shadow
Vortex
Well, it depends on precisely how you're defining a subscription service but Humble Choice is something that might count.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Is there a way to change the name of a user account on a PS4? What I mean is I have a few accounts set up for different people, but I also have 3 just for me for different regions and in case I don't use them much, I just want to have each one listed as US / JPN accounts.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Is there a way to change the name of a user account on a PS4? What I mean is I have a few accounts set up for different people, but I also have 3 just for me for different regions and in case I don't use them much, I just want to have each one listed as US / JPN accounts.

You need to pay $10 or $5 if you're a PS+ member. First change is free though.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I'm playing Symphony of the Night , when is the earliest I can get the stopwatch and where do I get it?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just curious, but what would be the estimates on how much modern day games cost to create? Like how much did FF7R cost?

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know of a site that has high quality scans of game manuals and box art? Or just somewhere that sells this stuff? I want to print the Fire Emblem Path of Radiance manual and box art for Xenosaga 3.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Here's a not so stupid question, but it definitely doesn't deserve its own thread: In Witcher 3, for the Ladies in the Wood quest (or the Whispering Hillock quest) is there any way to learn more about which choice is "best"? I've searched around, but there doesn't appear to be any way to learn more about the background, so it feels like you're just supposed to flip a coin to decide. This doesn't sit well with me, but I don't want to do a google search because I'm afraid I'll just reveal the whole damn quest line and I try to avoid spoilers. So, can someone tell me if it's possible to actually uncover more background info on this quest, or am I over thinking it?

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I'm just curious, but what would be the estimates on how much modern day games cost to create? Like how much did FF7R cost?
Depends on a lot of factors. For a AAA game, not including marketing, you're probably in deep for a few million before the horses really leave the stable. Add in the salaries of all the people working on the game for 3-5 years, all the money paid to outsourced studios, and THEN add marketing on top of it, you're looking at budgets well north of $60 - $80 million.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on a lot of factors. For a AAA game, not including marketing, you're probably in deep for a few million before the horses really leave the stable. Add in the salaries of all the people working on the game for 3-5 years, all the money paid to outsourced studios, and THEN add marketing on top of it, you're looking at budgets well north of $60 - $80 million.
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. With FF7R it seems they advertised it a lot so I imagine that cost a lot. Though with how well it's probably going to sell, guessing they'll make that back and then some (:

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
Anyone know what happened to the 3D remakes of Final Fantasy games? The Dragon Quest remakes continued through to the 3DS but Final Fantasy seemed to have just stopped at 4 around 2008. They seemed to sell well why didn't they continue through to FF5 and FF6?