• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I have roommates and my PlayStation is usually hooked up to the living room TV. Can I get a second Playstation to put in my bedroom for when they are using the living room TV and sync up play of the same games I'm playing on living room one? (play game on living room ps4 and continue playing on bedroom ps4)

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I have roommates and my PlayStation is usually hooked up to the living room TV. Can I get a second Playstation to put in my bedroom for when they are using the living room TV and sync up play of the same games I'm playing on living room one? (play game on living room ps4 and continue playing on bedroom ps4)
You can do this with the cloud saves in PS+ - you just need to make sure that you upload them when you're finished on one then download them when you start on the other (it can upload automatically, but it's not super frequent so I would do it manually to make sure you're always running the latest save).

I would imagine you can do it without PS+ too - doing the same thing but copying the saves to a USB drive instead.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe it. If you're uploading your Save files to cloud from the settings-PS4 then you can't multitask other things on your console ?

This can't be right. This isn't 2005.

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
is there any chance of a Bloodborne remaster on PS5? I'm at Throne of Want in Dark Souls II SoTFS, gonna do platinum trophy run and complete DLC. I have regained my Souls intch after years and I really want to play the games in order.

I just booted Bloodborne up and I remember why I wasn't an instant fan. the game feels like it runs at something far less than 30fps, colours are washed out and some how it looks "fuzzy" and "hazy". idk performance clearly isnt great. is there any chance of a proper remaster?

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if stupid enough, but why are my Windows Game Pass downloads soo slow? I currently have a 175 Mbps connection and my download speeds seem to hover between 4 - 6 MB/s while Steam easily hits my max download speeds (~20-22 MB/s)

Voxy

Dec 3, 2019
Is it okay if I just play Kingdom Hearts 1 2 and 3?

I bought All in One package and I want to get into the franchise in this month before RE3, FF7 and P5R. I know the story is confusing but will I at least understand what's going on playing only the main titles?

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018

I bought All in One package and I want to get into the franchise in this month before RE3, FF7 and P5R. I know the story is confusing but will I at least understand what's going on playing only the main titles?
Yes and no. It can become complicated without certain titles like Chain of Memories and Birth By Sleep in particular. If you're pressed for time I'd at least YouTube the cutscenes from the other games but you will definitely be lost if you just play the numbered ones (BBS was initially going to be called Kingdom Hearts 0 which shows its significance).

Does the Switch system come precharged at all? I'm getting the AC Switch after trading in my base model, but I'm working late that day. I want to try install AC on it before I get home which will be a challenge enough with poor WiFi there (I'm going to try use my phone's 4G signal as a hotspot instead although that'll probably be awful too) but I don't think I have anywhere I can safely charge it.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and no. It can become complicated without certain titles like Chain of Memories and Birth By Sleep in particular. If you're pressed for time I'd at least YouTube the cutscenes from the other games but you will definitely be lost if you just play the numbered ones (BBS was initially going to be called Kingdom Hearts 0 which shows its significance).

Does the Switch system come precharged at all? I'm getting the AC Switch after trading in my base model, but I'm working late that day. I want to try install AC on it before I get home which will be a challenge enough with poor WiFi there (I'm going to try use my phone's 4G signal as a hotspot instead although that'll probably be awful too) but I don't think I have anywhere I can safely charge it.

It should have some charge as sending a system out completely uncharged would be unhealthy for the battery.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are kinda essential to "getting" KH3, so it's worth playing those. Chain of Memories is more of a "maybe", it's important but in a weird way. I personally didn't play it until I started replaying the series in anticipation of 3, but I watched key cutscenes. And the rest of the games are covered by the cutscene compilations that aren't that long (prepare to be bored by Re:Coded though).

Either way I wouldn't expect to get close to finishing 'em up before next month, unless you're very quick. I'd just go slow and gradual at this point, it'll probably be a long while before the next big KH thing releases after all

Voxy

Dec 3, 2019
Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are kinda essential to "getting" KH3, so it's worth playing those. Chain of Memories is more of a "maybe", it's important but in a weird way. I personally didn't play it until I started replaying the series in anticipation of 3, but I watched key cutscenes. And the rest of the games are covered by the cutscene compilations that aren't that long (prepare to be bored by Re:Coded though).

Either way I wouldn't expect to get close to finishing 'em up before next month, unless you're very quick. I'd just go slow and gradual at this point, it'll probably be a long while before the next big KH thing releases after all

Ok, so I'll play them after may, don't want rush anything. Thanks!

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
What exactly was the point of this thing? The only time I've had an Xbox controller mess up was this stupid connector's fault and I've heard arguments that it prevents damage or something but the force to disconnect seems just as high as a USB (confirmed by my tripping on it before)
51vK6PQS98L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Aumann

Nov 11, 2017
Question regarding Street Fighter V: I have about 200/300k worth of fight money, if I buy the Champion Edition which includes everything, will the fight money be of any use?

CyReN

Oct 25, 2017
I've been working on games I've beaten over the years, do large story dlc / expansions that are beaten count as a "new game" to the list or would it just fall under the umbrella of that said game

For example:
- Metro Exodus
- Metro Exodus: The Two Colonels
- Metro Exodus: Sam's Story

- Assassin's Creed Origins
- Assassin's Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones
- Assassin's Creed Origins: The Curse Of The Pharaohs

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I've been working on games I've beaten over the years, do large story dlc / expansions that are beaten count as a "new game" to the list or would it just fall under the umbrella of that said game

For example:
What's the context for this - where will you be using the list?
What's the best way of deleting all data from a Switch? Factory reset?
I'm fairly sure that that should do the job. Remove the SD card too, of course.

Ryuun

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
CT
What exactly was the point of this thing? The only time I've had an Xbox controller mess up was this stupid connector's fault and I've heard arguments that it prevents damage or something but the force to disconnect seems just as high as a USB (confirmed by my tripping on it before)

Yeah it's supposed to be a breakaway cable so if you trip over it it will unplug and not have the xbox come crashing down. Mine was pretty loose from what I remember.

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
After a few months of use, I finally realized my monitor settings in Windows was at 59 Hz for my 120 Hz display. Have I been running games at 60 this entire time, or did that setting just affect normal desktop apps?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
After a few months of use, I finally realized my monitor settings in Windows was at 59 Hz for my 120 Hz display. Have I been running games at 60 this entire time, or did that setting just affect normal desktop apps?

Quite some games are able to change the refresh-rate by themselves but it really depends on if they automatically set it to the highest available or not.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
My Xbox One X refuses to display HDR on my TV anymore. It used to display the HDR fine, but the console hard locked one evening and ever since, going into the display settings tell me that my tv isn't "HDR10 compatible" despite working on the Xbox before, and working on my PS4 now. Has anyone run into this issue, and know how to solve it? Any insight would be appreciated as it is driving me crazy. I tried switching HDMI cables, fully shutting down both the TV and the Xbox, I haven't tried factory reseting the TV or Xbox as that is such a hassle for something that may not work. I have a TCL 4K TV, just in case that info is important.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Not exactly a "stupid" question, but whatever happened to that game The Last Night? It looked amazing, like if there was a Blade Runner video game made during the SNES/Genesis era.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly a "stupid" question, but whatever happened to that game The Last Night? It looked amazing, like if there was a Blade Runner video game made during the SNES/Genesis era.
www.resetera.com

What happened to "The Last Night"?

Since we are approaching E3 I have always wondered what happened to this game? It was my favourite showing in 2017 due to the Blade Runner schematics but there has been absolutely no news at all about it. Was it canned? I sure hope not.
www.resetera.com

What happened to The Last Night by Odd Tales?

Update: it seems that the creative director of the game spread misogyny and regressive views which resultaten in a media backlash and the gaming community turning on the project (which apparently used these views as a central part of the story) and him. Please do your own due diligence before...
www.resetera.com

Will we see The Last Night in 2020?

This game caught my eye ever since it's first trailer during E3 a few years ago, mostly because of the Blade Runner vibe. I know they have had a lot attention since but I wonder what's going on? I haven't heard or read anything about it for ages. E3 2017 trailer below: Do you think we'll see...

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
www.resetera.com

What happened to "The Last Night"?

Since we are approaching E3 I have always wondered what happened to this game? It was my favourite showing in 2017 due to the Blade Runner schematics but there has been absolutely no news at all about it. Was it canned? I sure hope not.
www.resetera.com

What happened to The Last Night by Odd Tales?

Update: it seems that the creative director of the game spread misogyny and regressive views which resultaten in a media backlash and the gaming community turning on the project (which apparently used these views as a central part of the story) and him. Please do your own due diligence before...
www.resetera.com

Will we see The Last Night in 2020?

This game caught my eye ever since it's first trailer during E3 a few years ago, mostly because of the Blade Runner vibe. I know they have had a lot attention since but I wonder what's going on? I haven't heard or read anything about it for ages. E3 2017 trailer below: Do you think we'll see...

I didn't think to do a search until after I posted 😅 Thanks, though!

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Should i get a pc or gAmEr laptop. I'd normally just get a PC but:

- Living situation is semi-temporary and moving with PC / monitor (or just selling them) after a year or two sounds annoying
- Would have to buy a new chair as well, then deal again just sell it after a short while
- Can't play controller games in bed....

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
How are you supposed to beat Contra games without code giving you bonus lives or without save state. I know some people can do it but still looks ridiculously hard.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How are you supposed to beat Contra games without code giving you bonus lives or without save state. I know some people can do it but still looks ridiculously hard.

You do so by being 8 and it being the only new game you'll get until your next birthday or Christmas.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Can someone explain to me how sharing a game on two different Switch systems between 2 different profiles works? I swear I've asked this a few times in the Animal Crossing thread and still can't get my head around it for some reason. I get how it works, the person that buys a game can use it freely on any system, and only on the system that is their primary Switch can others use it freely. But if the owner uses a game on their non primary Switch (in this case AC), can someone on the owners primary console play AC at the same time or can that title only be played by one person at a time?

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I'm getting Assassin's Creed Origins. Is there anything amazing in the deluxe or gold packs (DLC)? Or is the standard version preferred?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting Assassin's Creed Origins. Is there anything amazing in the deluxe or gold packs (DLC)? Or is the standard version preferred?

The extra DLC? Dunno how else to answer you without sounding super obvious. I liked the Pharaoh DLC, they're more fantastical than the base game, which i enjoyed greatly. Hidden Ones was okay i guess. Unless its really cheaper and you could use the extra money or you just want to blast through the game id say get the version with the two big dlc packs. The other aesthetic/weaponry based dlc is nice but not really needed

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019

I use this to play Clone Hero, a lot of xbox 360 guitars need this to work on PC.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
The extra DLC? Dunno how else to answer you without sounding super obvious. I liked the Pharaoh DLC, they're more fantastical than the base game, which i enjoyed greatly. Hidden Ones was okay i guess. Unless its really cheaper and you could use the extra money or you just want to blast through the game id say get the version with the two big dlc packs. The other aesthetic/weaponry based dlc is nice but not really needed
The standard is 20 and the gold is 30. Still worth it for 1/3 more?

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
So I ran my hard drive visualizer today to clear some space and found this subset of installed steam games separate from others, even on the same drive.
ibTHLpP.png

The thing is that according to Steam almost non of these games are currently installed, except Mad Max which actually has two complete installs. The subset is under the directory SteamLibrary D which is under SteamLibrary, where most of the games are held, except a few titles installed on my SSD, my C drive. I feel like a dummy, why are these games not showing up as installed and just sitting there taking up space?

KingTrainJumper

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2020
For those who pre-ordered games on GMG, how good are they at getting the key to you before launch day? I want to buy RE3, but I want to make sure I can pre-load the game in time for launch.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
For those who pre-ordered games on GMG, how good are they at getting the key to you before launch day? I want to buy RE3, but I want to make sure I can pre-load the game in time for launch.
They are usually pretty good with getting game keys a couple days before launch for major release , but it isn't necessarily a guarantee 100% that you will. Doom Eternal was fine for me.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So I ran my hard drive visualizer today to clear some space and found this subset of installed steam games separate from others, even on the same drive.
ibTHLpP.png

The thing is that according to Steam almost non of these games are currently installed, except Mad Max which actually has two complete installs. The subset is under the directory SteamLibrary D which is under SteamLibrary, where most of the games are held, except a few titles installed on my SSD, my C drive. I feel like a dummy, why are these games not showing up as installed and just sitting there taking up space?

Steam doesn't look at the game folders to determine if a game is installed or not, inside the Steam library folders there are a ton of tiny appmanifest_[GAMEID].acf manifest files that tell Steam "This game is installed here!". It looks like in your case these files got somehow deleted but the actual game folders didn't. You can safely delete the folders manually to clear up the space, or if you want to install them again just let Steam install them to this library folder, it will notice: "Oh the game-files are here already!" and then restore the .acf manifest file.

One important thing to note, always make sure that no .acf manifest exists in two Steam Library folders at the same time or Steam will get confused.