• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
I was wondering in the old beat em ups do the different characters have different stats such as speed, strength, health, and range? Or are the differences really minor and just in our heads. I know in the TMNT games characters had different range based on the weapon but I was wondering if anything else was different. What about for things like golden ax or streets of rage?

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I've been wanting to play Persona 4 for a while, however it's not available in the European PS3 Store, but it is in the american. Can you change you psn region as easy as doing it on the Switch or is better to just create an american account?

Talking about PS3, I'm planning on getting a new one, since my current ps3 is almost ready to kick the bucket. Is there any specific type of PS3 I should look for? My main goal is to buy one with a bigger storage than my current one (It's 160gb)

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I've been wanting to play Persona 4 for a while, however it's not available in the European PS3 Store, but it is in the american. Can you change you psn region as easy as doing it on the Switch or is better to just create an american account?

Talking about PS3, I'm planning on getting a new one, since my current ps3 is almost ready to kick the bucket. Is there any specific type of PS3 I should look for? My main goal is to buy one with a bigger storage than my current one (It's 160gb)
You can't change the region for PSN accounts, so you'll need a separate US account to buy from the US store. However, you'll be able to play the downloaded games on any account on the same console.

The "slim" rather than the "super-slim" PS3 model is generally the most highly regarded, but will be harder to find at this point, and I have no real complaints with my super-slim model. Either way, don't pay a premium for extra storage, as the PS3 hard drive is designed to be end user-replaceable and 2TB drives aren't particularly expensive.

Success

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question if anybody can help. Does anybody know if Assassins Creed Odyssey on the Epic Games store is activated via Uplay? I have my save of the game on Uplay and I am wondering if the game is played via Uplay or not if bought from Epic Games Store.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I've heard this song in the background of various YouTube videos and I have no idea what it's from or what it's called. Anyone able to help out?

At around 11:50 if the timestamp doesn't work

it's such an earworm it annoys me not being able to identify it. It sounds like something from the N64, though?

Oct 27, 2017
Guys suggest me games like Hitman for PS4 pro? I am mainly looking for assassination type of games or those games where we can complete the objectives in multiple ways. Deus Ex Mankind divided a good option? Already have Dishonored series.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Guys suggest me games like Hitman for PS4 pro? I am mainly looking for assassination type of games or those games where we can complete the objectives in multiple ways. Deus Ex Mankind divided a good option? Already have Dishonored series.
I assume that you've played Hitman 2 and the HD Collection? Deus Ex would indeed be a good choice, with a more story. If you're looking for stealth, consider the Styx games and Aragami; possibly Mark of the Ninja (2D but superb). Also, not a game that I've played myself, but I've seen Sniper Elite 4 recommended for this sort of thing.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering in the old beat em ups do the different characters have different stats such as speed, strength, health, and range? Or are the differences really minor and just in our heads. I know in the TMNT games characters had different range based on the weapon but I was wondering if anything else was different. What about for things like golden ax or streets of rage?

The first Streets of Rage had different stats for each character. The white guy (sorry, don't remember his name) had the highest power, Blaze the highest speed, and other guy highest Jump I think it was.

I don't recall if they were noticable in gameplay though

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Why is it taking so long for MS and Sony to announce the console reveal dates??!!
I'm not sure if this is looking for a serious answer, but well, Xbox Series X has already been revealed. In general, though, revealing specifics too early is likely to reduce the amount of flexibility that the manufacturer has to vary price, specs, etc., which is inherently disadvantageous, especially if there's a big difference in timing compared to competitors. There's also the risk of speculation and hype getting out of control once specifics start to be revealed.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Quick question if anybody can help. Does anybody know if Assassins Creed Odyssey on the Epic Games store is activated via Uplay? I have my save of the game on Uplay and I am wondering if the game is played via Uplay or not if bought from Epic Games Store.
I've not bought it myself, but having just asked someone who has done, apparently it does indeed activate via Uplay.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I bought my kid a gaming computer for xmas. Took it out of the box and there's like a bag inside the casing. Unscrewed the casing and the bag seems like its permanently affixed and says something about air flow on it. Is this normal?

Dec 28, 2017
Why I can't play that shit game named Destiny anymore? I'm getting older and im having hard time to reconnect with destiny universe and stupid grinding when great games awaits me.

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Why are videogame boxes all different? Playstation has one size, Xbox another, and don't even get me started on the waste of space that is the Switch.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Sure, but coloured cases is distinctive enough, I'd say. Far more than the actual size of a case.
Exactly, they are already distinctive. Red, Green and Blue.

But if I want to have them stored, each size is different, they don't match at all and I can't use the space as effectively. Fucks up with my OCD.

Guess this is another reason why I'm mostly digital nowadays.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I'm having the biggest brain fart and need help. I want to change my email address for my Xbox account. How do? Help.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
How much do videogame companies know about what their competitors are up to? Will Sony and Microsoft know more about the other's upcoming console than the general public currently do? Do the Call of Duty and Battlefield teams know what the other is doing with their upcoming games before we do? Was it just a coincidence they both went back to WWII within a year of each other?

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
It should allow you to sign in with either address IIRC.
Okay, maybe I'll just add it then. I don't really use the one it's connected to anymore (made the account in 2008 when I got my 360) and I've been trying to move things over to my new main email and I have yet to do it with that as I'll admit I'm concerned I'd do something wrong. Thanks a bunch for the help, it is much appreciated.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would Jurassic World Evolution have big problems on a pc with 8 Gigabyte RAM? All other requirements are fine.

Big problems? Unlikely, there's very few games that would have huge problems with 8gb still, even if more and more tend to recommend 16. Most can be whipped into playable shape, even if it means sacrificing a few settings.

Either way though, always a steam refund if it ends up being a hinderance.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
How much do videogame companies know about what their competitors are up to? Will Sony and Microsoft know more about the other's upcoming console than the general public currently do? Do the Call of Duty and Battlefield teams know what the other is doing with their upcoming games before we do? Was it just a coincidence they both went back to WWII within a year of each other?
We can't know, but there is the concept of industrial espionage.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Didn't really wanna make a separate thread about it, but I was curious to learn more...

Pete Dorr (Youtuber) listed Toreba Crane Game as one of his Top 10 Games of the decade. He talks about it, but I am still unclear as to how the game plays. What is it exactly?

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Didn't really wanna make a separate thread about it, but I was curious to learn more...

Pete Dorr (Youtuber) listed Toreba Crane Game as one of his Top 10 Games of the decade. He talks about it, but I am still unclear as to how the game plays. What is it exactly?

You use your touchscreen to control a real crane game in the hopes of winning prizes from it (such as figurines). If you win any you can then have them sent to you. You use In-App Purchases to pay to play.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
You use your touchscreen to control a real crane game in the hopes of winning prizes from it (such as figurines). If you win any you can then have them sent to you. You use In-App Purchases to pay to play.

Oh, okay. So, it's like a digital version of one of those machines you see at Walmart or something? Do you always have to pay to play the game like you would in a store?