• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
There was a game announced where you play a journalist (I think) or some kind of detective who has to prevent some king of conspiracy or assassination. It's first person. I cannot remember the name. Does someone know what I'm talking about?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, so I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in (i.e. I don't know if my question deserves its own thread or not).

I recently bought Horizon Zero Dawn from my friend, and it was the EU version (he was pretty clear about it being the EU version beforehand). If I want the DLC, I'm assuming I'll have to make an EU account. Is that all there is to it. Make an EU account and buy the DLC? Will my US debit card work on the account? Will I have to make up an address?

If I can't buy the DLC it's not the end of the world. I'm just wondering either way.

Kyo555

Oct 29, 2017
Why can't Metroid crawl?

Okay, seriously: Was the PSP Go too much ahead of it's time or did the small format play a role in it's failure?

(also feel free to answer the first question anyway)

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone give me some non-spoilery advice on how to go about beating Undertale without killing anyone? I know its a thing you can do but I am stuck on the weird dog couple near the beginning.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Nevermind, some digging around Google got me the info I needed.

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably never play the PS4 version of Undertale so I'm curious about something spoilery, for anyone who has completed that version...

How does it accomplish the weird meta stuff, like force quitting after the normal ending?

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am in the mood for an RPG. Should I purchase:

Divinity OG Sin: 2, Dark Souls 3 or Xenobalde 2?

Help me decide Era!

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
anyone ever done a console trade-in via Amazon? I see some trade in values for those that were part of a bundle. How does it work if the bundled game is a digital copy (TLoU)?

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Read something on social media today that had me thinking... someone suggested stand in bots for an MMO. I think they meant like, 1 to take a tank or healer roll to help with queuing issues.

Wouldn't that kill the very idea of an MMO, or is that a plausible idea with the right tweaking? I like the idea... but I also don't love it.

Karnova

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chrono Cross has a sterling 94 on Metacritic, indicating that game critics of the time thought it was an excellent game.

And yet Chrono Trigger totally overshadows it, from what I've seen people seem to care way more about the PSX Final Fantasy titles as well as Vagrant Story and Xenogears.

So what's with that? Why does Cross seem to not be as well remembered?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
My roommate is bringing his Wii to our apartment, is there any way for me to start my games on that Wii and then continue them on my Wii back at my hometown house?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
My roommate is bringing his Wii to our apartment, is there any way for me to start my games on that Wii and then continue them on my Wii back at my hometown house?

I think you could just put the saved on an SD card (can't remember what type, sorry) and save them from there.

I don't think you can copy saves for online games though, so like Smash Bros Brawl etc.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think you could just put the saved on an SD card (can't remember what type, sorry) and save them from there.

I don't think you can copy saves for online games though, so like Smash Bros Brawl etc.
Don't play brawl that much, but stuff like SMG and DKCR should be fine? I'll check about an SD card thanks.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Don't play brawl that much, but stuff like SMG and DKCR should be fine? I'll check about an SD card thanks.

Yeah, they'll be fine.
I have a Sandisk 2GB SD for Wii in mine. I assume any standard SD would work, but don't quote me on that.

You'll have to manually copy the saves over: I don't think you can choose to save to the SD card. Although it might do it automatically.

I only really used mine for getting a Metroid Prime Trilogy save with all the Wii Connect things unlocked onto the Wii U.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, they'll be fine.
I have a Sandisk 2GB SD for Wii in mine. I assume any standard SD would work, but don't quote me on that.

You'll have to manually copy the saves over: I don't think you can choose to save to the SD card. Although it might do it automatically.

I only really used mine for getting a Metroid Prime Trilogy save with all the Wii Connect things unlocked onto the Wii U.
Hope the Wii doesn't brick then lol

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else have issues with their Joycon triggers?

I originally had issues with a lose ZL button, and after I sent both in, it's been fixed but now my ZR button has the same issue...

Is it worth sending in again?

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Can you transfer your games from one External drive I use for the PS4 to a bigger external drive? My 1TB external is filling up and I want to transfer the games over, but I dont think the PS4 allows you to have two external drives hooked up. I asked the question on Reddit and someone said you have to hook both up to the PC and transfer the games that way.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Are Switch saves region free?

I bought Zelda (UK) at launch and played it a load but due to circumstances sold it earlier in the year. Now all is well again I want to pick it up but wondered if I got it from, for example, the US or JPN store would my save still work? Or do I need to buy the UK version again. I want to go digital this time so am looking to shave a few £ off if possible.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
What are some alternatives to the PS4 controller? The battery life sucks and has only gotten worse on the 3 controllers I own. I've heard about replacing the battery with a better one but I don't trust my DIY skills.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure how stupid this is, but it's certainly not worth a new thread. Just wanted to ask you guys if you know what's wrong with my Skyrim SE here.

JkG3LoK.png

Disabling mods, reinstalling, and updating display drivers did not help. It's also worth noting that I have played the game on this PC before so, I doubt it's hardware related.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Has anyone ever created a new Steam account and left their old one behind(or donated it to someone, though probably against TOS) to have a fresh start? It sounds and probably is insane, but I am very tempted to do this. I use to get sucked into the hype of steam sales when they were really starting to gain traction a few years ago so I have a rather insane list of games I don't want and will never play. I hate looking at it. I spent quite a lot of time one day categorising everything so I could hide what I dont want to see, then an update came to Steam and it all reset.

There's a few games making me really consider if it's worth it. 900 hours in Dota 2 for example. Although I don't play this anymore I still like having the history there as the year I played it and nothing else was fantastic. I did spend a bit of money, so I would be leaving some items behind as well(unless I could trade this sort of stuff to myself), again I will probably never use it again so it doesn't REALLY matter but it's something to consider. Rocket league is similar, not actively playing it right now but I do own almost everything + a fair amount of limited event based items. To a lesser extent CS:GO. Didn't play this too much(~100 hours I think) but I did get a few nice skins, again could maybe trade these to myself.

This also makes me wish Steam had a trade in system, trade in(basically delete) a game from your library for little value just like retail shops do with physical games and buy something I actually want. Even if 300 random games I have gave me $30, I would do it.

Love to hear some thoughts, especially if someone has done something similar.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone ever created a new Steam account and left their old one behind(or donated it to someone, though probably against TOS) to have a fresh start? It sounds and probably is insane, but I am very tempted to do this. I use to get sucked into the hype of steam sales when they were really starting to gain traction a few years ago so I have a rather insane list of games I don't want and will never play. I hate looking at it. I spent quite a lot of time one day categorising everything so I could hide what I dont want to see, then an update came to Steam and it all reset.

There's a few games making me really consider if it's worth it. 900 hours in Dota 2 for example. Although I don't play this anymore I still like having the history there as the year I played it and nothing else was fantastic. I did spend a bit of money, so I would be leaving some items behind as well(unless I could trade this sort of stuff to myself), again I will probably never use it again so it doesn't REALLY matter but it's something to consider. Rocket league is similar, not actively playing it right now but I do own almost everything + a fair amount of limited event based items. To a lesser extent CS:GO. Didn't play this too much(~100 hours I think) but I did get a few nice skins, again could maybe trade these to myself.

This also makes me wish Steam had a trade in system, trade in(basically delete) a game from your library for little value just like retail shops do with physical games and buy something I actually want. Even if 300 random games I have gave me $30, I would do it.

Does sound a bit strange but that's no reason not to do something.

Why can't you hide basically everything?

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Chrono Cross has a sterling 94 on Metacritic, indicating that game critics of the time thought it was an excellent game.

And yet Chrono Trigger totally overshadows it, from what I've seen people seem to care way more about the PSX Final Fantasy titles as well as Vagrant Story and Xenogears.

So what's with that? Why does Cross seem to not be as well remembered?

The music in Chrono Cross is amazing to this day. Mitsuda is a master composer.
As far as the game goes, got it at launch cuz I loved Chrono Trigger and I could not get into Cross. Still bums me out.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure Steam has the ability to permanently remove games from your account. I never understood why anyone would want to do that and I still don't, but that might be what you're looking for?

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Will I ever be able to change my region in PSN? Now that I live in Poland, my Chilean account is pretty much useless.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does Mario's nose look like how it looks today? What science was used to make such a round bouncy perfect nose in Odyssey?

How much polygons does that awesome nose have?

These idiot questions were my shower thoughts today.

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
Why does Mario's nose look like how it looks today? What science was used to make such a round bouncy perfect nose in Odyssey?

How much polygons does that awesome nose have?

These idiot questions were my shower thoughts today.

Mario's nose looks as it does because his sprite design needed to be easily readable from such a small amount of pixels, as the character stuck around, his design evolved from those early pixels (this is also how he ended up with a moustache!).

His nose is round because of a higher polygon count, and it's bounciness comes from physics calculated jiggle bones. The nose is rigged around a bone like any other part of his anatomy, but instead of being controlled by the keyframes of his animation, it's instead handled by the physics engine of the game.

Something similar to this
TPooeUt.gif

As for polygon count; at present I don't think we can extract models from Odyssey yet, but given it's smoothness probably more than Galaxy!

Jacqli

Nov 26, 2017
How can I get used to keyboard? Some tips? Recommended games? I swear I tried to like it but I always feel so clumsy with it that I give up. I have been playing TESO exclusively with keyboard and I am still bad at movement and pressing the correct keys in some stressing situations.

Since I built my modest PC (more than three years ago) I have been playing with a 360 controller (in games like Portal 2, Tomb Raider 2013, Dead Space 2…) but last year I started playing online on PC and, of course, wanted to play with a mouse but I noticed that I suck at KB+M (more the former) because I cannot move like I do with an analog stick. I have been doing fine with a PS3 Navigator Controller in Overwatch, DBD and similar games, but those that require many keys (like Rainbow Six Siege or PUBG or TESO) I cannot find a suitable configuration (some important keybindings missing for example) and keyboard simply kills part of my enjoyment.
Imagine: I played PUBG more with keyboard than with navigator controller, yet I am much better at the game when I play with the latter even if the configuration is weird.

Some months ago I bought a Steam controller and, while I think it is great, I would like to play with a KB+M because I actually love the mouse. I thought of buying another mouse with more buttons (MMO mice or something like that) but I do like the one that I have now (a Logitech G403, which works perfectly fine) so it feels redudant. And I even bought a Razer Gaming Pad but I disliked it a lot as the keys are simply numbers instead.

I always read that it is harder to switch from PC to console, but I differ! And I do not understand why because when I write, I do not look at the keys but when I have to play the experience is completely different. I guess it just did not click yet or something, but it is frustating. :(