• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Terrence Howard is on drugs and I'm not saying this as a joke. Last season they almost had to shut down production of Empire because his drug habit had gotten so bad. They went so far as to rewrite episodes to have his character removed because he was supposed to go to rehab but then he didn't go. I have a friend that works on Empire and told me all of this.
jesus this seems more serious than I thought it was.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Terrence Howard is on drugs and I'm not saying this as a joke. Last season they almost had to shut down production of Empire because his drug habit had gotten so bad. They went so far as to rewrite episodes to have his character removed because he was supposed to go to rehab but then he didn't go. I have a friend that works on Empire and told me all of this.
yeah this makes the most sense for the explanation for his behaviour tbh. it's the YAK

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yep, sounds about right.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
This is depressing. It's the same "crazy homeless man shouting incoherently from a street corner" shit, except it's coming from a celebrity.

In both cases it's straight up mental illness that needs treatment, but because he's a celebrity, it's much more common to just go "haha, he's so crazy" and give it a pass.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Does your friend also have an uncle that works for Nintendo?

I kid, does he know what drugs Terrence is on? Or is he on everything?

To him, WE'RE the flat earthers.

LOL.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Dunno how much he remembers, but this might mess you up as a kid

Howard was raised in Cleveland, Ohio, where he had a rocky childhood. He endured beatings from his physically abusive father, and saw his father stabbing another man in the Santa Line Slaying when Terrence was 2 years old. His father was convicted of manslaughter and served 11 months in jail. Howard's parents divorced upon his father's release. He was raised by his great-grandmother.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
bill__the_butcher____gangs_of_new_york_by_benji3o3-d6adz5e.gif

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, losing the Rhodey gig must have broken his mind. This is not what I expected at all.

Don't do drugs kids

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
what happened with this btw? why didn't he return to iron man 2
Money

Terrence had the bigger paycheck in IM1. That changed in IM2 - RDJ got a big raise and everyone else got less.

Terrence wasn't happy and blamed RDJ.

And since RDJ was gonna be the face of the planned interconnected MCU, they decided to recast Rhodey.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I like that the other reporter heard the bit about him getting a star, and latched onto it for the EMERGENCY SEGUE.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This is depressing. It's the same "crazy homeless man shouting incoherently from a street corner" shit, except it's coming from a celebrity.

In both cases it's straight up mental illness that needs treatment, but because he's a celebrity, it's much more common to just go "haha, he's so crazy" and give it a pass.
Pretty much. Because he has money and fame, he's put in a nice suit and paraded in front of cameras for entertainment. This isnt going to end well.

I like that the other reporter heard the bit about him getting a star, and latched onto it for the EMERGENCY SEGUE.
As much as I hate the spectacle of this, Terrence Howard seems like he's got a serious problem.... this was pretty good, and it's interesting how easily Terrence went from, "Well, I'm changing how science works and going to shock to world" to "yo where the hell's my emmy".

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did want to tell him that the straight lines, were we to go along with his "curves" theorem, would simply be caused by proximity scale - that we were simply seeing a very close up section of a curve so vast that any section viewed in isolation at human scale, would look straight despite being a fraction of a giant unseen curvature.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmfaoo

This reminds me when I fuck around with relatives and say gibberish.

I think he's serious though 🤔

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Read that Rolling Stone interview back when it came out, but kinda forgot about it.

He was just on the cusp of letting the world know about his brilliance back then, and still seems to be.

Have had a family member who "saw the light", where the rest of us just saw him trash his apartment and pile his possessions on the floor. Ended up institutionalized for a few months. Ended up as a functional human being again, but he would insist to his dying day that he did "see the light" without being able to explain what that meant.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
FAKE WOKE is my least favorite thing the Internet is causing.
buncha people falling into "third eye" bs

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me why the fuck I don't get sound in some videos on Chrome? It has been this way for months and feels totally random. Video in OP is one. I open it in Edge and it's fine, but in Chrome, no fucking sound. Random youtube videos will do it as well. I've tried disabling all Chrome extensions, no dice. It drives me crazy.
First check if chrome is muted in the sound mixer in your task bar. Next check if Reset Era or whatever website you use is muted by right clicking the tab when it's open on the site. If those dont work, uninstall and then reinstall

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Eat some yams, your body is reacting to toxins put in food by the white man. See the white man is from Mars, a golem race created from the iron rust of the planet by Yakub. Naturally their food would be toxic to the African the natural born race of earth

As a white man I take complete offense to the fact you just revealed our home planet. Zyklebobla no terrainutla capile!