• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I remember the first season of Arrow when the cinematography was actually pretty solid, what happened man.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Randomly saw this on Reddit just before switching to my era tab and seeing this thread. Lol. Its absolutely terrible. Did their budget get slashed badly or something?

People on twitter were also trashing the scene where she flew out of the window, I'll see if I can find it

edit -

here it is

LMAO amazing

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
UZTCLp6.jpg

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol that is bad. Reminds me of some 90 ms cheese like Xena warrior princess shit mixed with V.I.P

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Its a CW DC show...they all have shit acting, fight scenes and cgi 90% of the time. Enjoy it for what it is I guess

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Yeah, that alien should have been a face mask and not CGI.
I really hate CGI everywhere, it never works well on faces.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I was sorta enjoying the very first few episodes when it started, haven't gone back...this doesn't help convince me to. However, I like Supergirl's costume.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the first season of Arrow when the cinematography was actually pretty solid, what happened man.

Budgets pretty much. The first two season of both Arrow and Flash were good looking shows. As the shows went on longer they got cheaper budgets and they started saving more of the budgets for big crossover episodes.

Was Arrow Seasons 1 and 2 and Flash season 1 this bad? or is nostalgia tinting our vision

Nope, they legit looked way better then this. Both effects, acting and choreography.

Thoughts on CW costumes/suits?

Mostly fantastic, especially season 1 and 2 Flash, Reverse Flash and Supergirl imho. Their Superman looks great too.

Kamen Rider has awful visual effects, I'm sure even the people who like it can agree on that.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
*Grew up with 90s sci-fi/fantasy TV shows*

I don't see the problem relative to my TV experience.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The fact they have about 2 weeks to do all the FX for each episode across 5 different shows is pretty amazing. This is just mean trolling at this point. Who cares in the grand scheme things? I watched this when it aired and I thought about it for a hot second then moved on.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wait this was one scene that played out in the episode just like this?

it looks like clips from longer shots spliced together carelessly.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That shit is terrible. Anyone come to rescue to say that the bad cg and acting is intentional because the show is cheesy or some other shit excuse?