• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I saw this on Twitter a few days ago. Cosplays like this blow my mind. I've wanted to do a Gears costume for years, but have been overly intimidated by the task and have never committed to trying. Folks who do stuff like this (Samus) are magicians.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
The craftsmanship has me speechless. I wanna know how long it took them to make it, because it's a near 1:1 replica of the actual suit.

Oct 27, 2017
Now imagine someone much taller, like 6'3", wearing the suit, lol. Samus be making space pirates crap their pants.
There's a reason why in Metroid Prime the pirates simply refer to her as "The Hunter"

Security Command issued an all-points alert after the fall of Zebes. The alert concerns bioform Samus Aran, also known as the Hunter. Subject is a female hominid, and is heavily armed and extremely dangerous.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I think canonically, Samus is 6'3'' without her Suit.
I hope Nintendo someday remembers that Samus is a no-nonsense bounty hunter and not an anime waifu...

I dont understand your american measurments, so i dont know what 6'3 is, but the design of samus in smash compared to other chracters have always fallen into the short side. I know kirby and olimar, etc.. could make this argument mute, but human height characters do follow similar rules in smash.
In my mind samus with that suit would probably be around 2 meters tall, but dhe is probably like 1.80 meters.

OP
OP
Team_Feisar

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I dont understand your american measurments, so i dont know what 6'3 is, but the design of samus in smash compared to other chracters have always fallen into the short side. I know kirby and olimar, etc.. could make this argument mute, but human height characters do follow similar rules in smash.
In my mind samus with that suit would probably be around 2 meters tall, but dhe is probably like 1.80 meters.

Heh, I'm German, I had to Google the Yankee sizes. Felt wrong doing it.
She's 1,90 without the suit, 2 meters with suit.
Smash is strange, but she's also always a bit hunched over.

Oct 27, 2017
Smash heights don't mean anything and human characters aren't consistent either

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
If they ever make a Metroid movie, they need Gwendoline Christie as Samus.

Christie or a Elizabeth Debicki beefed up would be perfect.

sP5phMkN8oGjVQ6Losh7Ar8caKI-dLKGVk-A6YacXo0.jpg

There's a reason why in Metroid Prime the pirates simply refer to her as "The Hunter"

Man, Metroid Prime was truly the best in every respect.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Saw this cosplay floating around the last couple of weeks. This is the best Varia Suit cosplay I've seen. Must have taken months or years to get everything down.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting on a good morphball cosplay

However this is damn amazing and the best I've seen. That cosplay deserves a good photoshoot

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
This is the lost wonderful thing I've seen this year!! I need this costume for Halloween!!

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country

Her canon height is that of the Metroid games, not Smash Bros. Samus is described as being 190-192cm in the games, except for Other M, where they made her short for the most sexist reasons possible (so she wouldn't be taller than the men, particularly Adam).

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Looks awesome, hell I'd dare say it's bordering on movie quality.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
The paint job is a bit messy in places, but it has a cool effect especially at a distance. Considering it can be moved in and not just posed in like a lot of high quality cosplay suits is pretty impressive.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Might not be a popular opinion, but I thought Jessica Chobot was fine as Samus in that "Sky Calls" short from YouTube some years back...

I mean, she didn't have hardly any lines, but I thought she did a good job looking the part.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I still want Charlize Theron to be Samus.

Emily Blunt would be amazing as well. There are a bunch of good suggestions in this thread.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
When I click on this thread I was concerned that this was going to be focused on some gross Zero Suit Samus shit. Instead, it was a truly marvelous bit of cosplay. This is some incredible work here. Like, this is really impressive stuff.

If we are fan-casting Samus, I want to nominate Emily Blunt

tumblr_prd5tuDseV1wg1owvo6_250.gif

Unquestionably the perfect fit.