• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

And last but not least, the sequel to the granddaddy of Western horror

To name a few.

There's been a few Indie releases over the year, but this October is going to be especially spooky!

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
All games in the OP look good, but I can't take the name "Remothered" seriously. I really can't.

"Shit, don't you hate it when your mom wears out and you gotta get her remothered? Yeah, it's a pain, I tell ya."

(I never heard of Dark Pictures and Under - will check those out - the other two I got them on my wishlist lol)
Dark Pictures is a sequel to Until Dawn in a way.
After its success, when the devs made Man of Medan, they decided to make a whole series of games in this style, calling it their Dark Pictures Anthology. Little Hope is the second game, they have plans for 8 in total.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Hyped for Amnesia. Still remember how the Amnesia: dark descent reinvigorated my love for horror games back when it came out.

I remember at the time the horror genre wasn't doing too great and the big franchises that were still there had transitioned to more action games.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Very excited for some horror gaming this October. Going to try and hit some classics I missed and then a few of the newer releases.

Still wary on diving into the Remothered franchise after the first release got a bunch of criticism for transphobic tropes. Would love to hear if the new titles have improved upon that or anything. I do love Clock Tower, so I am curious about this series.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Is the first remothered worth playing? I've seen something of it but I can't tell if I'll like it or not. Seemed very strange.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Amnesia Rebirth is one of my most anticipated games left this year. Day 1. Ditto for Under, but I wasn't aware a release date had been announced.

Remothered looks great but I never got around to Tormented Fathers. Maybe I'll pick that up during the Halloween Sale and get to Broken Porcelain later.

I was also planning to finally playthrough Evil Within 2 this Shocktober, which has been in my backlog for years. Arghhh

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I'll never not think of Iron Chef when I hear that knife sound at the end of the Little Hope trailer.

Is Remothered the spiritual successor to Clocktower?

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Another great one that's already on itch but is coming to steam is the Enigma of Salazar House!

bahorel

Oct 25, 2017
Thumb_pikmin_ghosts.jpg

Don't forget Pikmin 3!

TheOnlyJ

Oct 29, 2019
You forgot Song of Horror console release as well. Multiple character perma death horror sounds fun.
Got the game recently on sale, surprised at how good it is. I only finished chapter 2 but it is a fantastic, old-school 3rd person horror game. Really don't see how it flew under the radar and I hope the console release takes off.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Amnesia the granddady of western horror lol. Those games aren't even that old, what?

But anyway, only Little Hope of that list interests me. Not really interested in the hide and seek variety of horror that a lot of these indie horror games have nowadays.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
As a horror fan, i have zero hype for those games, maybe for Remothered because the first one is amazing, but i'm tired of the ''run, hide and solve puzzles''

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
I just played the first Remothered this weekend and really loved it, so I'm really excited for Broken Porcelain. I miss old school survival horror like Haunting Ground, so Remothered was a refreshing experience. I just hope the new game is a little bit longer.

I also plan to pick up Song of Horror and Little Hope as well. I can't wait to immerse myself in all things horror next month 🎃

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Don't forget infliction.

store.steampowered.com

Infliction on Steam

Infliction is an interactive nightmare, a journey into the dark secrets of a fractured home. Wander through the heartbreaking remnants of a once-happy family, piecing together clues and trying to atone for past sins. All the while a malevolent force dogs your footsteps, seeking violent retribution.

been out for 2 years

Oct 28, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Infliction on Steam

Infliction is an interactive nightmare, a journey into the dark secrets of a fractured home. Wander through the heartbreaking remnants of a once-happy family, piecing together clues and trying to atone for past sins. All the while a malevolent force dogs your footsteps, seeking violent retribution.

been out for 2 years
Oh. I thought it was new since the extended cut came out this year.