• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I have no idea how effective this commercial was at the time, I was only a kid and I also don't remember it, but as an art form its incredibly chilling and sets the tone perfectly.
Some people pointed out that this wouldnt have been made post 9/11 and I kinda agree

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I remember it playing a lot during wrestling which was red hot back in the day so I'm sure it was effective. I spent all my birthday money on a preorder and picked it up on release day.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
It's so effective, a QAnon/Trump supporter would believe it right away. Although that's not saying much.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a classic. "Waitin' on the MOON to drop!" is one of those lines that's been stuck in my head for 20 years.

That and the weird zoom in on the guy using up all his minutes... very 90s!

Oct 29, 2017
I would watch a whole documentary about what happened in the rooms where ad agencies pitched dark af commercials to children oriented brands.

Sage

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
This was a real commercial? Looks like some low budget film student project, down to the terrible voice over.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
If they re-re-release Majora's Mask, they should use this advert as inspiration for a new one—a lot of it doesn't hold up, but the concept and tone does.

BigApple3AM

Oct 29, 2017
I remember it playing a lot during wrestling which was red hot back in the day so I'm sure it was effective.
Very. I watched back then too and this is how I recall discovering the game. I saw this and my 9 or 10 year old self couldn't of been more convinced it was my duty to save this world from impending doom. It was my first Zelda game and came on Christmas Day alongside my Jungle Green N64. It went on to be my favorite video game of all-time by far.

Oct 25, 2017
The "Radio Zelda" commercial had me in tears it was so good. Of course, the Japanese N64/3DS commercials are no slouches either.