• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Ah, MADtv... that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Well okay, I used audio from one of the Madden skits in the Madden NFL game jam game I made about 2 months ago but other than that...
One thing that sticks with me is their parody of Black Knight with Martin Lawrence. I still can't believe they got away with that.
Stop bringing attention to MadTV please... it'll be the next *discovered* show whose retired actors will be hunted down by Twitter for "brown face", "yellow face", "special kid shaming", "pushing stereotypes", etc

MadTv is not for Era. Yall enjoy this thread for tonight, because come tomorrow... "yikes".

But for now I'll contribute...

If people do come in here to talk about how problematic it is, you can just ignore them and keep posting as usual. Like what you like.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hands down my favorite Mad TV skit (which predates Black Dynamite by years):

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
People like to say Mad TV was always bad, but it had some legendary shit from Phil Lamarr and Debra Wilson every now and then.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh snap, we sharing Mad TV sketches?? There are so many good ones, I'll have to start rewatching them again.

ReBirFh

Dec 8, 2017
I remember watching multiple times a skit with a crossover of Jesus and the Teminator, it was more than a decade ago, I tihink, always funny no matter how many times I watched it.

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I outgrew the show pretty fast but I still like most of what Will Sasso did. He's the best on the show.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
I really liked their earlier seasons, from what I remember. I remember liking their X-News segments, even though I have no idea how those have aged lol.

Labyrinthe

Mar 12, 2018
Another great one is Celebrity Fear Factor with Debra Wilson (Chris Tucker), Alex Borstein (Rosie O'Donnell), Will Sasso (Kenny Rogers), Aries Spears (Sisqo), and Michael McDonald (Joe Rogan).

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I was a lifeguard in high school and this woman and her ~10-year-old son were EXACTLY like Stuart and his mom. The mom had the same look and dress. The poor kid would try to swim and his mom would chase him around the pool deck fussing over him, making him very insecure, and being genuinely ridiculous. I haven't thought about it in a very long time, but this thread really brought it back.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
That Jon Madden sketch and Sopranos one had me laughing out loud. Good stuff. I actually have more memories watching MadTV than SNL growing up tbh. My dad always loved In Living Color and MadTV.