• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Like the acting here is sooo good lol I have already watched 5 times in a row. This TV show is so funny. I'm not from US so I have no idea why this show was cancelled.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Mad TV was so good.

Kenny Rogers Jackass is some of the funniest shit ever put on film.

OP
OP
The Last One

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The acting is so good that I feel bad for laughing at this LMAO

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Still one of my favorites this day

Though the show has its fair share of problematic content by today's standards.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't Kenny Loggins or the censored Sopranos or Steven Segal or Son of Dolomite or John Madden or Prehistoric Glamazons or Stuart.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
MADtv is soooo good. Just amazing work for most of its run. I miss it a ton. SNL never had anything on it.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
this thread brings me sooo much nostalgic joy

me and my cousin used to watch mad tv in the early year of H

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
CLOPS...it was always about CLOPS! lol

even if a few of them was a little foreshadowing...

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Stop bringing attention to MadTV please... it'll be the next *discovered* show whose retired actors will be hunted down by Twitter for "brown face", "yellow face", "special kid shaming", "pushing stereotypes", etc

MadTv is not for Era. Yall enjoy this thread for tonight, because come tomorrow... "yikes".

But for now I'll contribute...

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Stop bringing attention to MadTV please... it'll be the next *discovered* show whose retired actors will be hunted down by Twitter for "brown face", "yellow face", "special kid shaming", "pushing stereotypes", etc

MadTv is not for Era. Yall enjoy this thread for tonight, because come tomorrow... "yikes".

Pretty sure we've had multiple threads already.
Show was mostly remembered fondly, iirc.

Ms. 🦢 was brought up as a racist stereotype. I can see it, even if she wasn't intended to be created or portrayed as such. Apparently the woman who plays her (Alex) may be trash. I might have to revisit that thread; forgot the deets.

As much as I loved the show, been a while a long while since a rewatch, I know for a fact some sketches are sketchy but for the most part, they did an amazing job with the cast and staying topical and hilarious.

Compared to SNL? I'd say MADtv kept it realler.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
I have a soft spot for the Phil Lamarr singing sketches, Defcon1 and Hatman Williams cracks me up.

www.youtube.com

Mad TV Gay Rapper

www.youtube.com

hatman

williams

I used to listen to that Defcon1 song on loop when farming in Dark Souls, oh man, good times.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Anyone have the one where Phil Lamarr won't stop having "one last serving" at dinner and it spirals into an existential crisis?

Or the one where his and Debra Wilson's marriage disintegrates because they keep going deeper and deeper into debt buying pudding?

OP
OP
The Last One

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go glad I created this thread because the skits posted here are so good. I think the 3 minute meal banana split is my favorite yet though.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
I also preferred Mad TV to SNL. Helps not having to be live and integrate a celebrity guest into sketches.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017

I'm dying.