• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
This has to be one of the most powerful lines in movie history.

For context.

An Neo-Nazi is in prison and he is forced to work with Lamont(A black guy serving 6 year from stealing a TV) and after months working together the Neo-Nazi starts rejecting his Nazis ways and turns his back from a group of Aryan Brotherhood in prison.

Lamont tells him that now that he doesn't have protection from the Nazi he needs to watch out for the blacks and then he says that line.

I can't find the clip on youtube

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
OP Please structure your titles in consideration for others

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I guess he refers to the something along "In here, you are the n***"r" line.

That being said, there is another, really powerful line in that movie, when Sweeney makes Derek question his nazi ways: "Has anything you've done made your life better?"

OP
OP
Slipknot666

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The line is
"you better watch your ass, 'cause in the joint, you the nigger, not me."

A mod changed my thread title

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
The line was so incredibly powerful the OP would not dare speak it here for fear of wounding us all.

EDIT: Damnit Slipknot, lol

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When you make a thread about a topic but entirely forget to post what the actual topic is

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
waiting for the line and then
giphy.gif

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way." - Gandalf the Grey

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
The line is

Do you think maybe they had a problem w/ the n-word in a topic title

Also you really think that's one of the most profound lines in a movie ever? It's really that deep? To each their own I guess

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
I don't agree that this is the most powerful line in Cinematic history. Actually it's the part where Nicolas cage says he wants to get a couple Coca colas in raising arizona.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could tell you American History X fought off the sisters that day. I wish I could. But in the end he crawled through five hundred feet of shit and racism and came out clean the other end. But then you know ELE? We really had a Deep Impact.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I don't agree that this is the most powerful line in Cinematic history. Actually it's the part where Nicolas cage says he wants to get a couple Coca colas in raising arizona.

No way. Remember this classic:

"How'd it get burned HOW'D IT GET BURNED?"

The emotion and urgency was so powerful I started crying and clapping.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The line is

White people always imagine that if they lose their power and privilege, POC will treat them as bad as they are treated now.
American movies love to play with that shit, and I think this is another expression of it.

I don't agree with that notion and I think it's really bad to hat some white people believe that.

So no, I don't like that line and I don't like this way of thinking.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I think this line from American History X is much more powerful and profound:

"Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time."

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think the plight of white Americans in predominantly black-populated prisons was really the take home message of that film, no.

Manyo

Dec 3, 2018
Enough with the jokes. Here is the line OP is talking about:

"________________________________"

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could tell you American History X fought off the sisters that day. I wish I could. But in the end he crawled through five hundred feet of shit and racism and came out clean the other end. But then you know ELE? We really had a Deep Impact.
This is good. Shawshank is also probably my favorite film of all time.