• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
There's a good number of tracks I like a decent amount. Will have to listen to more.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Don't sleep on this album, y'all.
I'm definitely not! This album helped me through work the last couple days.
I feel Jet Set Radio has really bubbled up in the public consciousness over the last couple of years but particularly the last few months.
Dystopian/cyberpunk is in and relevant, and Jet Set has always been a very unique, upbeat version of that fiction. It's crazy times like the present when optimism is important.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As a huge fan of Jet Radio and Future, as well as 2064: ROM, I liked this album but didn't love it. Definitely some nice tracks on here but alot of average ones as well.

Sincerest

Jan 22, 2018
I never knew this existed.

My man. This is why I joined this site, people like you.

Thank you.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, 2 Mello is great. I've had the JSR album preordered since he announced it and like it a lot.

Be sure to check out the rest of his work onBandcamp

Apart from Chrono Jigga, he's done mashups of Castlevania X Nas, Earthbound X Notorious B.I.G., a Game Center CX EP, etc. More recently he also did a song for theCeleste B-Sides OST

A lot of it is free with an option to support him on Patreon.

Last edited:

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Glad this thread got bumped because I missed this all week. This is some gooooood shit.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! JSR is the GOAT and deserves every bit of love it gets,more JSR goodness to listen to!

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
proud to pay $10 for this, been jamming this all weekend

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... It's good music, but it doesn't have that kinda energy to it Jet Set Radio had. It reminds me more of Fatboy Slim than JSR.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh, wow! I know the sample from "24 hour party people" it's the generic "funky beat" from the 80's Transformers and GI Joe cartoons.

Love it when I recognize a sample.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ah 2Mello is such a nice guy as well, I once messaged him asking about a specific synth he used in a track and he was more than happy to help with a really detailed reply on how to recreate the sound.

Real happy and proud that his work is starting to take off

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for this game to come out on the Xbox One.

Too bad, most of the tracks won't be there though! lol :(

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
This album is fire! Favorite songs are probably Pump Up The Love, 24 Hour Party People, Ba da Ba, and Tag Walls, Punch Fascists.
I'm 100% buying it.

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Album is excellent.

Also, JSR is on sale at Humble currently for less than $1.50

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
It's pretty good. I think there's something missing from it though:

There's no rock, no punk. Songs like Baby-T, Statement of Intent, Birthday Cake, Dragula etc coexist within the soundtrack curation of JSR and are a huge part of what makes it's soundtrack variety pops

As a slate of Naganuma-like tracks, it's absolutely solid. You can probably curate a solid JSR3 soundtrack using this as a template.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be entirely original music. Thought it'd be more about remixes and stuff.

Twingsy

Oct 27, 2017
Moon
2 Mello, who you might know for his work on 2064: Read Only Memories, released an original album of music inspired by Jet Set Radio called "Memories of Tokyo-To" and holy shit, it's so good. Christ. Fuck.

1OxwPym.jpg

If you have no idea what Jet Set Radio sounds like, it's sample-heavy hip-hop with punchy brass, fuzzy synths, and funky basslines. You can listen for free and buy a download at his Bandcamp:

https://2mellomakes.bandcamp.com/album/memories-of-tokyo-to-an-ode-to-jet-set-radio

Some of my favs are "Here I Go", "Say Somethin", "Old to the New", "24 Hour Party People", "Rock the Beat!!", "Poison Jam", and "BIG BEAST", but listen to the whole thing, it's all amazing.
oh fuck this is really good

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I've had this on my watches threads for a while meaning to listen to it, and I finally got to i tonight. It's fucking fantastic, thank you for this.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm listening to the first track now. Jesus Christ. This is so fucking good. Sharing with my friends NOW!

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Weird I had this on my Bandcamp wishlist but for some reason was just listening to it last night for the first time. Great stuff .

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I had no idea this existed. Just found out about 2Mello about a year or so ago due to his involvement with Cerebrawl. Will definitely give this a listen.