• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 10, 2020
Eic_0BlU8AIIv8f

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The only one I actually care about is Arkane...the news of this acquisition is just depressing.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
5-10 years it will be interesting what Amazon, Tencent, Facebook also buy out and have under their umbrella. This isnt only Sony and MS in this segment of the industry.

Good get for MS.

Oct 25, 2017
For the first time in a long, long time they have the studios to actually compete with Sony and Nintendo. Exciting times for gamepass subscribers.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I think they have enough studios to fill out game pass lol. Don't care for this kind of industry consolidation though.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
They're absolutely the king of Western RPGs now. Really crazy how massive they've grown in the past 4 years, huge props to Phil Spencer and Microsoft. I'm very excited to see how this generation pans out for them, and I'll definitely be there to support on Steam.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
I need one of them to make a great single player 3rd person Action/Adventure game. (Looking at you Initiative!)

Deleted member 74623

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 14, 2020
Xbox's value proposition can't be matched, honestly. You get all of Bethesda's games included in Game Pass, while outside of Game Pass you have to pay $60/70 each

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
It's impressive surely but I am kinda scared that the new standard is going to be buying big studios creating even more divide in the games each console can play.
Sony buying CD Project Red or SEGA when? 🙃

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It's a scary list because there's undoubtedly a lot of overlap in their operations now.

I really hope there's 0 layoffs, and that they instead grow.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please put Banjo-Kazooie on PC or Switch.

XBLA, N64 version. It doesn't matter. It's easy money.

Linkie3

Feb 8, 2019
PS5 for now and pc upgrade/new build in 2 years. And there is also possibly a Switch Pro coming so maybe i stay console exclusive for a while.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
With 23 studios, they will be releasing something first party every 2-3 months, while giving studios plenty of time to work on things. That is a fantastic value for Game Pass subscribers.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Lot's of studio's but most I don't care about.

Good for them though. For gamers who like that type of content it's great place to be.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely astonishing. A console exclusive Doom, Evil Within or Banjo-Kazooie would force me to buy an Xbox. For others it will be Elder Scrolls or Fallout. They also now own Quake, Dishonored, Wolfenstein, etc. This is by far the biggest bombshell in recent memory.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I've been a primarily Xbox gamer for the past decade and a half. I remember when the Ninja Theory acquisition was such a huge personal megaton for me. Then the Obsidian one as well.

Never expected to see such a huge explosion of studios, talent and IP under the Xbox brand. It's exciting.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Pretty damn stacked now, still can't believe it's real. Wonder which studios, if any, out of Arkane, MachineGames, id, and Bethesda (third person in their games isn't ideal) will break out of FPS into third person

ArmadilloGame

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This means a first party FPS, TPS, and western RPG should be coming out every year. Becoming players that cannot be ignored in the genres. Next they need to spread to new territory. Strategy, sports, and family friendly titles are all underrepresented there.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I think Game Pass is already great, but when all these studios have new games released on there over the coming generation...wow.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
What a god damn powerhouse they have become. Capcom and Sony were the top publishers of the PS4/X1 era for me but Microsoft 'bout to give them a run for their money. Looking forward to next gen of Xbox.

nullZr0

Alt account
Banned
Mar 2, 2020
The image is blank for me. Which makes sense because, Xbox has no games...

This is the new John Cena meme.