• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
Costco's poutine (in Canada) is ridiculous as well. $4.99 for a very generous helping. I have to eat it with someone else just to finish it.

blogger-image-1223564007.jpg
How do I petition for this in the US?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Costco's pizza is legitimately some of the best pizza I've ever eaten. Granted I've never had that good shit in NY so I'll stick by my statement until that changes.

Iro

Nov 28, 2017
Even in Mexico, Costco's pizza is really really good. Seems like they like to maintain their standards internationally.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah no Polish dog blows. Shit used to get me through high school and uni. XD

Since moving to the UK though, their jacket (baked) potatoes are glorious. Dat chicken mayonnaise with cheese...
genuinely didn't even know we had costco here until i saw this post--there aren't any near me.

are they still doing full fat soft drinks from the fountains/on that £1.50 hot dog deal? still annoyed that you can't get full fat coke from the machines at Subway anymore, since the sugar tax.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
NGL, I would go to Costco for Pizza all the time if it didn't actually involve going to Costco. Finding a parking spot and getting in and out is a nightmare at mine.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Also, Costco Gas/Petrol rules. My Saturdays are basically fill-up, do the sample run, grab something from the food court.

genuinely didn't even know we had costco here until i saw this post--there aren't any near me.

are they still doing full fat soft drinks from the fountains/on that £1.50 hot dog deal? still annoyed that you can't get full fat coke from the machines at Subway anymore, since the sugar tax.
Nah man. They're all Pepsi Max, sugar-free drinks. Still the same price though, but I just end up getting the sodas from the vending machines next to the food court.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a pizza snob, but I can appreciate different price points!

Motorino's this is not, but it's also cheap AF lol.
They load up the toppings better than almost any other place I've seen

Also a fresh pizza at that pricepoint is impossible to beat
Same with their poutine at their pricepoint.

The only thing they don't really have/do is delivery

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Going to Costco today, what should I get, brehs?

Not in the mood for pizza. Never had the chicken bake, though.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Costco pizza has been ruined for me, ate it 3-4 times a week for 7 years when I worked there.

Pro-tip: ask for caesar salad dressing for dipping.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta try to the chicken pot pie it seems. My GF always wants it, but ive never had one.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have to scoop up some of there chicken bake after all the mentions I've seen in here. Though, one of my boys tried one in the past and had said the bread was firmer than he'd have liked 😟.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pizza in DFW is sorta lacking. PieTap is good.
I think the artisan sit-down shops in DFW are legit good and the visitors we've had agree. Cane Rosso is legit great and would do real well in Manhattan, they nailed the dough. I'll have to try Pie Tap, seems like another good one too.

But when I'm craving that NY street slice style, feels like a wasteland. I can't find a takeout or slice spot for the life of me. I'm not joking when I say every time I've tried a mom-and-pop shop, I wish I'd gotten a Costco pie instead. And the crumbly sausage bits ugh, where's my sliced Italian.

First thing we do when we fly back to Jersey is go to any local pizzeria and order a pie with sausage.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I hate how it's 9324938472387432 calories and I don't really feel full afterwards. But it's the only vegetarian entree at Costco :(

I miss the Al Pastor salad. My Costco doesn't have it anymore. That thing would get my full for hours.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I would eat at Costco more often if there weren't so many damn calories in their food.
Portion it for the week.

Leftover pizza on a skillet for 5 minutes then 2 tablespoons of water + cover = best leftover pizza.
Hell, I even do that with fresh slices/pies from my local spot because by the time the pizza gets here...well let's just say it's not like it's directly from the oven. AND I order well-done.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I never had Costco pizza before until I got a new supervisor at work and he bought it for our team.

I am a convert.

It was just regular pepperoni and sausage but may god it was so damn good and perfect in everyway.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
That's too bad, they should give them to the employees at least.

I wouldn't say no to free, cold Costco pizza.

They have to pay for the employee's healthcare, though. :)

On a side note, I believe places like KFC forbid employees from taking home extra food, because the norm would be cooking up a bunch of chicken before closing and taking it home.

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
It's $10 for a massive pizza, you can't beat the value. Ordinarily feeding our family is a $50-60 affair, we can do it Costco for less than $20. It's not good for you, so we don't do it too often, but for what it is, it's a damn fine bang for your buck.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
Portion it for the week.

Leftover pizza on a skillet for 5 minutes then 2 tablespoons of water + cover = best leftover pizza.
Hell, I even do that with fresh slices/pies from my local spot because by the time the pizza gets here...well let's just say it's not like it's directly from the oven. AND I order well-done.

I usually just nuke it for 1 minute in the microwave then fry it on a little oil. Gets it done much quicker

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I usually just nuke it for 1 minute in the microwave then fry it on a little oil. Gets it done much quicker
I can see the science behind that!

I try my best to never put anything bread or dough-based in the 'wave because it has a tendency to crystalize/harden. I might just need to put it at half-power. Will try that next time.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
That sure looks nice.
Funny thing is they didn't mention carbs, they almost never mention carbs or use it in advertising when it's pretty much the main thing that makes people put on weight. It's always about "low fat", "high protein", with fuck ton of carbs and sugars in everything.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I can see the science behind that!

I try my best to never put anything bread or dough-based in the 'wave because it has a tendency to crystalize/harden. I might just need to put it at half-power. Will try that next time.

I'll have to try this too actually. I normally just toss leftover pizza in the oven for 10-12 minutes so my way is super long. Turns out great of course but still, it's like I'm cooking a whole frozen pizza lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the artisan sit-down shops in DFW are legit good and the visitors we've had agree. Cane Rosso is legit great and would do real well in Manhattan, they nailed the dough. I'll have to try Pie Tap, seems like another good one too.

But when I'm craving that NY street slice style, feels like a wasteland. I can't find a takeout or slice spot for the life of me. I'm not joking when I say every time I've tried a mom-and-pop shop, I wish I'd gotten a Costco pie instead. And the crumbly sausage bits ugh, where's my sliced Italian.

First thing we do when we fly back to Jersey is go to any local pizzeria and order a pie with sausage.
I'm not a fan of Neapolitan style pizza so Cane Rosso is not on my go to list. I used to like Zoli's, and Serious is ok after a night out.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
The pizza in the first post doesn't look too good to me.
Maybe the taste is better, who knows...