• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
IKEA food fucking rules. I always make sure to eat there whenever I go.

They should really have their own standalone restaurants.
They considered it, but don't want to diminish the sales the restaurant brings to the store, especially because we have people who come from offices to eat at my job during their lunch.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They considered it, but don't want to diminish the sales the restaurant brings to the store, especially because we have people who come from offices to eat at my job during their lunch.

Ah man if I worked next to a Ikea I would eat there every day.

I guess that's a new life goal right there.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If it's not eaten within an hour they throw it in the trash?

What a fucking waste

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I strongly dislike Costco pizza. The bread is a bit dry and dusty, compared to the crispy dough of say Pizza Hut. Their sauce is also kinda acidic. I like mine on the more sweet side. Their dogs are bomb, no question.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I like their chicken bake but don't think much of their pizza. It's just okay.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it's not eaten within an hour they throw it in the trash?

What a fucking waste
It sounds horrendous but if you shop at Costco you'd know there's about always a few people in line.

That said I imagine they toss a few slices over the course of an average day. They should offer the "old" slices for cheap.

Oct 25, 2017
Never understood the love for Costco's pizzas, and I'm far from being a pizza elitist. Dennis8K is right. It's greasy, soggy, overloaded, with pretty low quality ingredients. It's edible but I would never call it delicious.
Ding ding ding we have a winner. I mean the pizza isn't bad by any means but not nearly as great as what people are saying. I buy these frozen pizzas from Costco can't remember the name but it comes with 6 cheese and 6 pepperoni and blows Costco's already cooked pizzas away.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Their pizza is decent... but I wouldn't call it "good" pizza by any measure. It's like a step-up the chains.. but ain't got shit on a good pizza at all.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Costco pizza must be different in the US, because I only just experienced Costco food recently in the UK. It is fucking terrible. It makes Ikea hot dogs look like a banquet at The Ritz. Shit is terrible. TERRIBLE.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I wish their take and bake pizzas were the same as the ones they make themselves.
I thought they were for a while, but they never taste as good, even baking it perfectly.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
I have gone to indoor Costco's to get food court food probably a hundred times and never had them ask to seem my membership, nor do they do it at the point of sale.

Didn't you have to show your membership to get in?

In either case, I got kicked out of a Costco for just that some years ago, so YMMV. As far as I can tell, your experience is not official policy, but I'd be happy to be shown otherwise

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't you have to show your membership to get in?

In either case, I got kicked out of a Costco for just that some years ago, so YMMV. As far as I can tell, your experience is not official policy, but I'd be happy to be shown otherwise

Nah. Go in through the exit side (where the service/returns desk is), which is most cases seems to be closer to the food court anyway. Never seen anyone stopped or questioned when they come in, get food and leave. It's possible it's official policy they just don't give a shit because they're making such high margins on the food anyway.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Nah. Go in through the exit side (where the service/returns desk is), which is most cases seems to be closer to the food court anyway. Never seen anyone stopped or questioned when they come in, get food and leave. It's possible it's official policy they just don't give a shit because they're making such high margins on the food anyway.

That's exactly what we did. As I said, it seems it's not often enforced, but it doesn't seem to be official policy

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
The turkey prov sandwich is the best thing on the menu!

That 1.50 hot dog and drink is the shit too. All that for 5.50 with free refills. Goat.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
It's possible to get other pizzas. Their pepperoni and sausage servings for their combo is separate from their veggie serving.

Therefore it's possible to get a pepperoni and sausage pizza. It's also possible to get a veggie pizza.

One of these days I'm gonna try to get all the toppings of two combo pizzas, but have them put all the meat on one pizza and all the veggies on the other pizza. Haven't tried it yet but it should be doable.

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to love costco pizza. Now the smell of it kind of makes me want to vomit.

Can't go wrong with a chicken bake though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly what we did. As I said, it seems it's not often enforced, but it doesn't seem to be official policy

Yeah googling around for my own curiosity that appears to be the case, but I also discovered that apparently you don't need a Costco membership to use the pharmacy and (in some states) buy alcohol! Had no idea.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they recycle those tossed pizzas somehow. I mean Costco is generally pretty good with this stuff and their court is always packed so I'm sure waste is not a big problem but still.
Our warehouse usually just tosses out what's leftover at the end of the night. I think sometimes if a member doesn't pick up a pizza they bring it over to the break room, same with bakery products.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Our warehouse usually just tosses out what's leftover at the end of the night. I think sometimes if a member doesn't pick up a pizza they bring it over to the break room, same with bakery products.
That's too bad, they should give them to the employees at least.

I wouldn't say no to free, cold Costco pizza.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
I used to love costco pizza. Now the smell of it kind of makes me want to vomit.

Can't go wrong with a chicken bake though.
I feel the same about Costco pizza, sometimes the fumes can be a bit noxious. I've had way too many growing up with the parents bringing a box home after every visit. And to my surprise receiving boxes of it as "treats" from work, but tasty vomit nonetheless.

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel the same about Costco pizza, sometimes the fumes can be a bit noxious. I've had way too many growing up with the parents bringing a box home after every visit. And to my surprise receiving boxes of it as "treats" from work, but tasty vomit nonetheless.
I don't know about you but it got so bad that I actually prefer Little Caesars.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
All their food tastes like it was dipped in a salt bath. Even their fries are coated with some gross shit. I go to Costco about once a month and haven't even been tempted on cheat days to stop at the food court

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty terrible lol. My thing is to stick whatever pizza I take home and place into the oven for an extra 10 minutes -- does wonders.
Do you have a local favorite or do you get them from a chain? I live in Cali and since we're not known for our pizza, I usually get them from Dominos.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Never tried their pizza but it looks a bit too cheesy for my taste and probably has enough salt to choke a small animal.

Also I never understood why people call pizzas "pies." Sounds so wrong to me. Though maybe thats just cause I'm not a big pie guy.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
Do you have a local favorite or do you get them from a chain? I live in Cali and since we're not known for our pizza, I usually get them from Dominos.
I think I've gone to Domino's so often since around the time they switched up their recipe (garlic crust or New York style crust for me), it's getting close to how I feel about Costco. I'm also in Cali, but in the Inland Empire and get from local joints like Petrilli's or Guido's .

Back to Costco food, is there a video that explains the gnarly hot dog burps?

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Costco's poutine (in Canada) is ridiculous as well. $4.99 for a very generous helping. I have to eat it with someone else just to finish it.

blogger-image-1223564007.jpg