• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
It's pretty bad yeah. I'm desperate for April.
At least we still have Doom Eternal, but still so long :(

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to maintain a rotation of 5 games, one for each day during the week, so far it's Super Mario World, Dragonball Z Kakarot, A Robot named Fight, Smash Bros Ultimate and Hades, and I'm already looking to get started on Daemon X Machina and REmake 2. Thank god for this slow Q1. FF7R will eat me for a good while.

Jan 9, 2018
Agreed
I've finsihed
Control
Shadow of the tomb raider
Horizon zero dawn
Journey to the savage planet
All within like a month all from the beginning. So at least it's helping with backlog

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, been a slow start to the year. But, March-May has plenty of goodies. Unfortunately it feels like there is going to be another drought after Last of Us 2 in May.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I rented DBZ: Kakarot but stopped playing and sent it back because I wasn't having fun with it anymore. I'm currently going through The Outer Worlds and loving every minute of it. I've also got Life Is Strange 2 coming, so I've got stuff to play at least until Doom is out.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I bet Ubisoft puts out a game or two over the summer.

Like what? I mean, surely some things will pop up. There is plenty out there without a release date yet. But, currently, this is GameInformers calendar for the summer:

SLmQsiz.jpg

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
The sea of games is retreating from the shore, ready for the incoming storm of... next gen.

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Like what? I mean, surely some things will pop up. There is plenty out there without a release date yet. But, currently, this is GameInformers calendar for the summer:

Things Ubisoft has delayed:

- Watch Dogs: Legion
- Gods and Monsters
- Skull and Bones
- Quarantine

They're not going to shove all those games into the holiday season. At least one or two of those will wind up coming out in the summer.

They've also got Assassin's Creed coming this year as well, so they've got to spread those games out.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I bought Journey to the Savage Planet which I enjoy, but yeah I don't see anything that interests me until Doom Eternal. Q1 this year feels barren as hell.

Yes, I also own a Switch and no I don't want Animal Crossing. Hate that series.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Other than Doom, yeah. The only new game I'm getting in Q1 is the Bayonetta/Vanquish remaster on PS4 which barely counts.

Plenty of time to save up for the upcoming storm and catch up on other games though so I'm not complaining.

Feb 21, 2019
For me, it has been the biggest dead zone since the beginning of the generation. Its all to be expected though. New generation starting up this fall, some unfortunate game delays. Its just going to be what its going to be.

No matter, I have spent the last 3 months working through all of the expansions of FFXIV....and it has been awesome! Im about to start Shadowbringers.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
It's been perfect for me and my backlog. Finally got around to Fire Emblem: Three Houses, finished Yakuza 0 at last, started Kiwami, and I'll be finishing up Cold Steel 2, too.

March is also making up for it - I'll be getting Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Animal Crossing, and Persona 5 Royal.

So yeah Jan/Feb are a bit boring but I'm gonna guess most people here could use the time to tackle backlogs, it's fun!

Despite my backlog of 10+ games, I've started new files on Dark Souls: Remastered and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Something is wrong with me.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
It really, really is.
And I get the play my backlog sentiments, but let's be honest, those games are in my backlog for a reason. They did not really appeal to me enough to play them at the time.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
transition to next-gen,...people are working on new games, even the cross-platform take longer to produce of course

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
What are you talking about? This is some great backlog time! You could break a solid couple RPGs off your backlog with this Q1.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm convinced that Cyberpunk 2077 is the solution to all of life's problems. Now, if it can just release.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm honestly fine with a slow quarter, because I'm always playing games I didn't play at release or playing more of a game I played before. I'm quite addicted to Stardew Valley on Switch right now, even though I played it on PC at launch. I beat 14 games last month, too. I'm good until Animal Crossing, I think.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to finish Death Stranding, and I have KH3 to play after that so I'm happy with the lull.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Same, i havent been playing much games and on top of that Sony especially and and a little bit Microsoft are keeping all of their cards close to their chest so there isnt much exciting news either. Cant wait for Ori, Doom, and AC

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I made huge inroads into my backlog last year and quite time now means I can dig into it some more.....Plague Tale Innocence was my first game of the new year,currently nearing the end of Days Gone and Metro Exodus dlc next week.Will be jumping into Assassin's Creed Odyssey after that......I still haven't picked up Resi2Remake,Control or Jedi Fallen Hero though.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dont you have a backlog to finish like everyone else OP?

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Please, let me have this one season to desperately try to catch up

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
my spending is down which does mean that it is indeed quite boring.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
agreed, horrible Q1 so far....and i still remember the "2020 will be killer" thread.

i...just don´t see it tbh. even when looking at the next months, there is not much which fits my interests at all on the horizon.
and the games that interest me like Streets of Rage 4, Cyber Shadow or Desperados 3 don´t even have a release date so far

Yo
Doom Eternal
DarkSiders Genesis
Nioh 2
Sounds like a good Q1 to me 🧐

Doom Eternal= bargain bin buy
Darksiders Genesis= 10 hr game
Nioh 2= more of the exact same

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Well, this month is giving me a chance to play some games on my backlog. Otherwise I'm waiting for Nioh 2.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
And I welcome this Q1 with open arms.

I have finally been able to complete my backlog one at a time. Started with Sekiro, Rage 2 and now Metro Exodus.
After that I am going towards Mirror's Edge Catalyst and probably The Witcher 3 NG+ coupled with Blood and Wine.

I love it.

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
Yeah, I've been so bored due to not having a backlog since I play the games I want to play and not having any good shows to watch since I watch the ones I want to watch. Now I just half-ass go to the gym and watch the one or two anime on my list before going back to being bored.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Speak for yourself. Two of my most anticipated games of this year are in Q1 (DMC3 and Ori).

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How is Nioh 2 more of the same. It already looks much more promising. You guys are fucking hard to please