• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
A new batch of dates were announced recently and tickets went on sale today for those dates here in Chicago. September - January. Was able to get some tickets at face value for a September date. Not the greatest seats but it's better than anything going for that price on Stubhub.

Recently saw a high school production of In the Heights and thought that was really great. Really happy I finally get to see Hamilton.

Any signs of this slowing down? Seems Chicago really fell in love with Hamilton. Plus it gets all the people who will travel from around the Midwest to go see it.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Any signs of this slowing down? Seems Chicago really fell in love with Hamilton. Plus it gets all the people who will travel from around the Midwest to go see it.

Actually yes. I think today's new batch of dates/ticket sales were the last. I think it's ending here in Chicago in January 2019. I know it's playing in Milwaukee shortly after it ends here and I think a few more midwest cities as well. It'll be back in a few years I'm sure.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Still haven't seen it. Heard the OCR upwards of 50 times tho, consumed my life in 2015-2016. Whenever I visit New York sometime down the line, I think I'll try to get tickets

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
Saw it in London a few days ago. It's astonishing, but you all know that.

One thing: our Aaron Burr is better than the one on the cast recording *runs*

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Just watched it yesterday. It was a beauty to behold. I... actually liked King George's jazz the most.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gf and I have tickets for next june. I'm not super into stage shows but am pretty stoked for this one.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Saw it last night in Chicago.
Probably the greatest entertainment related thing I have ever experienced.
Unbelievable. Definitely lives up to all hype and praise.

Oct 26, 2017
Saw it last night in Chicago.
Probably the greatest entertainment related thing I have ever experienced.
Unbelievable. Definitely lives up to all hype and praise.
Glad to hear. I have listened to the album so many times so I am super afraid I'll not like the show without the original cast. I finally moved past this fear and bought tickets for Chicago on June 3rd. Got tickets pretty damn close up front. Tickets up there normally go for $497, but these ones were going for $200 so I had to jump.

I can't believe I'm finally going to see it.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Six months later and I JUST now got the thread title reference.

Wow, that took me a while. :lol

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to hear. I have listened to the album so many times so I am super afraid I'll not like the show without the original cast. I finally moved past this fear and bought tickets for Chicago on June 3rd. Got tickets pretty damn close up front. Tickets up there normally go for $497, but these ones were going for $200 so I had to jump.

I can't believe I'm finally going to see it.
That's awesome! The Chicago cast was great!
We had pretty awful seats. If i had known what I was in for I would have probably spent a fortune.
I've been listening to the album non-stop since I saw it.

I don't even like musicals.

Oct 26, 2017
That's awesome! The Chicago cast was great!
We had pretty awful seats. If i had known what I was in for I would have probably spent a fortune.
I've been listening to the album non-stop since I saw it.

I don't even like musicals.
We just saw it today at 2:00 PM; waiting on Amtrak to leave Chicago now. I got tickets that were normally 500 pretty close to front for 200, so I got a good deal.

I'll start by saying that I own the vinyl set, CDs, and have listened to the album through at least 50 times. I was afraid my love for the original cast would ruin my experience. I ended up liking-to- loving most of the cast, especially Jin Ha as Aaron Burr. He really was fantastic. I am in love with Lin Manuel's unique kind of voice, but this Hamilton was good. While I still prefer Manuel, this Hamilton blew him out of the water with Hurricane---he was really powerful and acting was top notch. My only complaint was Washington. His singing was amazing, but his actual portrayal was really boring and stiff.

The death of their son was really powerful in person. Listening on the album doesn't even come close to seeing this moment live. The actors/actress for Hamilton, Philip, and Eliza sold the shit out of his final moments. The whole theater was sniffling and wiping their eyes.

I kind of really want to go see one more time before it stops touring, but a different city just to enjoy a new cast.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Finally saw this last night. It was fantastic - the first super hyped show I've seen that has actually lived up to expectations (or maybe second, alongside Wicked). Honestly, the biggest problem was that I'm really tired and underslept and started fading during the last 45 min of the show, but that's a me thing! Wish I could've been more mentally present for all of it.

I hadn't listened to the full soundtrack until earlier this week, and a lot of my issues with the music (some weak lyrics and melodies) faded away after seeing everything work together in context. It's an unbelievably ambitious show and and unbelievably successful one considering its scope. Hamilton, Eliza, Burr, and Jefferson are all engaging, well rounded characters with clear, compelling motives that keep the show's momentum high. King George is awesome and hilarious comic relief (plus his song is catchy as hell). Washington is a bit stiff, but I saw that as intentional - to Hamilton he's a steady, guiding hand, so that's how we see him.

There are so many stand out moments. The cabinet rap battles are so entertaining and impressive. The choreography makes moments like the arrival of soldiers and the hurricane really shine. Jefferson's entrance is amazing. Burr musing about how he'll be portrayed as the villain is neat. Angelica coming back to act as a go-between for Hamilton and Eliza. The crowd cheering at "immigrants, we get the job done." Et cetera!

I can't wait to see the pro-shot footage of Lin-Manuel and the original cast whenever it gets released. What an astounding accomplishment of a show - one of the best I've ever seen.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Every time a Hamilton thread gets bumped, it just reminds me I have to wait until December to watch it...

Oct 26, 2017
Finally saw this last night. It was fantastic - the first super hyped show I've seen that has actually lived up to expectations (or maybe second, alongside Wicked). Honestly, the biggest problem was that I'm really tired and underslept and started fading during the last 45 min of the show, but that's a me thing! Wish I could've been more mentally present for all of it.

I hadn't listened to the full soundtrack until earlier this week, and a lot of my issues with the music (some weak lyrics and melodies) faded away after seeing everything work together in context. It's an unbelievably ambitious show and and unbelievably successful one considering its scope. Hamilton, Eliza, Burr, and Jefferson are all engaging, well rounded characters with clear, compelling motives that keep the show's momentum high. King George is awesome and hilarious comic relief (plus his song is catchy as hell). Washington is a bit stiff, but I saw that as intentional - to Hamilton he's a steady, guiding hand, so that's how we see him.

There are so many stand out moments. The cabinet rap battles are so entertaining and impressive. The choreography makes moments like the arrival of soldiers and the hurricane really shine. Jefferson's entrance is amazing. Burr musing about how he'll be portrayed as the villain is neat. Angelica coming back to act as a go-between for Hamilton and Eliza. The crowd cheering at "immigrants, we get the job done." Et cetera!

I can't wait to see the pro-shot footage of Lin-Manuel and the original cast whenever it gets released. What an astounding accomplishment of a show - one of the best I've ever seen.
You mentioning Washington being stiff....you see it in Chicago, I take it?

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
You mentioning Washington being stiff....you see it in Chicago, I take it?
Nah, I saw the tour in DC. I meant "stiff" more in terms of his characterization, though - he's the one main character who isn't shown to have flaws, conflicts, or contradictions (as opposed to Hamilton, Burr, Jefferson, etc). I think that's a sensible choice because his role in the story is as a mentor and steady hand - ultimately the show is not about him, it just happens around him.

The guy who actually played Washington was great. Very captivating.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The more I've listened to it, Washington is intended to be portrayed that way. He's cautious and measured because he's made mistakes in the past and seen the men he led into battle get massacred.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I've listened to it, Washington is intended to be portrayed that way. He's cautious and measured because he's made mistakes in the past and seen the men he led into battle get massacred.

Yup one of those first things he does is caution the younger men about the dangers of charging into battle.

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I saw the tour in DC. I meant "stiff" more in terms of his characterization, though - he's the one main character who isn't shown to have flaws, conflicts, or contradictions (as opposed to Hamilton, Burr, Jefferson, etc). I think that's a sensible choice because his role in the story is as a mentor and steady hand - ultimately the show is not about him, it just happens around him.

The guy who actually played Washington was great. Very captivating.
Ah. Ok. I was wondering because I saw it in Chicago a few months ago, and everyone was absolutely amazing...except Washington. He was played very stiff and wooden. And boring. In the few moments when he should be showing emotion, he was still stiff. I could tell it was intentional, but it was especially striking considering the original Washington and cam recordings I've seen. He was the only part that really let me down.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Going to Paris and London soon, our hotel in London mentioned on its site that it was near the Victoria Palace. On a whim saw that they were doing Hamilton and lucked out with two tickets for a Thursday afternoon performance. Is that the time the understudies perform or something? Otherwise can't imagine we'd get tickets only a month out. Hopefully will be good.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
GOD DAMMIT

Buffalo did this thing where you signed up for a code where you could sign in this morning and get tickets. They're lame ass way at stopping bots. Can't get through he stupid queue and ticket resellers already have tickets for 4-5x prices. Fucking piece of shit.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Sorry for random bump but my dad called this morning, he won the ticket lottery in Boston and is giving the tickets to me and my brother! Didn't think I would get to see it for another couple years, what an awesome surprise :D

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for random bump but my dad called this morning, he won the ticket lottery in Boston and is giving the tickets to me and my brother! Didn't think I would get to see it for another couple years, what an awesome surprise :D

Nice. I've been listening to One Last Time on a loop in the car to remind me that the government of the US used to be run by intellectual, moral and philosophical heavyweights.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
So our dad apparently was the first one on line for the lottery will call. Got there and he gave us the tickets--2nd row from the stage. He had no idea and neither did we. Show was phenomenal. Just unreal really.

Had to get a shot during curtain call

yIOTxob
zQxXZpF_d.jpg

The guy who handed my dad the tickets that he got for TEN DOLLARS EACH said these seats are $500+ before resale inflation

Last edited:

Polaris

Oct 29, 2017
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I was fortunate enough to see it with my mother. Would you believe she won the tickets in a drawing and we only had to pay $10 per ticket? Insanely good seats too--second row, dead center. Seeing that performance is pretty much indelibly imprinted on my mind!

I don't know if they do similar drawings outside the US, but check sites like those regularly, you might get a good deal!

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
The Puerto Rico shows went on sale today. We had to sit on a virtual waiting room to buy a total of two tickets maximum at a minimum of $100 a ticket. Student-discounted tickets ($10 a ticket :O ) will go on sale later on the month. Hopefully I will be able to score a couple for my son and niece.

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
I saw it last week in Chicago. Now I picture our founders as Black. That fat motherfucker John Adams is still Paul Giamatti though.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Got really lucky and bought tickets this morning for the Broadway showing in late June. Got face value ($200) in the cheap seats. Most I've ever paid for a ticket to anything, but it's our 10 year anniversary.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just made it to the West End show here in a London. After having to reschedule twice this year thanks to surgery, it's so damn relieving to be the room where it happens! :D

Oct 26, 2017
I saw it last week in Chicago. Now I picture our founders as Black. That fat motherfucker John Adams is still Paul Giamatti though.
Super late asking this, but what did you think of the Chicago show? My fiance and I saw earlier this year, and we both absolutely loved it. The only part that let me down was Washington. He played the part pretty stiff and I didn't care for it. As crazy as it sounds though...I might have like Aaron Burr in the Chicago cast more than Odom Jr.

Just made it to the West End show here in a London. After having to reschedule twice this year thanks to surgery, it's so damn relieving to be the room where it happens! :D
Well?! What did you think of it? How were all the parts?

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
It's coming to Austin in May, signed up to be notified. I'm sure I'll be able to get tickets.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the show in Buffalo, NY about a week ago. Was fantastic. Not as great as the original cast but my girlfriend who hadn't seen it loved it and I really enjoyed it as well.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Well?! What did you think of it? How were all the parts?
Just got to intermission. For obvious reasons, I love all the nuance that's obviously not in the soundtrack. And seeing Satisfied live with the rewind was amazing. Legit feels from the jump. ❤️

Ready to cry every time knowing what's coming, but I'm kinda glad I've listened to it back and forth before watching. The London cast is on point.

It'll be great to hear what my fiancée thinks once it's all said and done.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We bought 2 years worth of Dallas broadway season tickets just to be sure we could get tickets for the Dallas leg of the tour...still 3 months away, but have seen some fun shows already (Lion King and Les Mis blew me away), and more great ones next year (Book of Mormon, Aladdin, Phantom).

Hamilton really opened up the world of musicals to me, and I'm super glad it did.

For something a little different, check out 36 Questions, it's a podcast musical with Jon Groff.

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
Super late asking this, but what did you think of the Chicago show? My fiance and I saw earlier this year, and we both absolutely loved it. The only part that let me down was Washington. He played the part pretty stiff and I didn't care for it. As crazy as it sounds though...I might have like Aaron Burr in the Chicago cast more than Odom Jr.
I loved it! However it was my first time seeing it. Itbwas actually my first time going to the theater as well. It took me awhile to get used to Hamilton because I was so used to hearing Lin Manuel, but he grew on me as it went on. I don't remember much about Washington, but I'd say the original member was way better. Especially during "one last time". I agree I really liked the Burr in Chicago. I'd have to listen to him again to see if he's better than Odom Jr. but he was awesome. The women all had beautiful voices and their songs are some of my favorite. They sound a little different than the originals, but I loved them. I should note that I downloaded the soundtrack a few months before so I'm comparing what I heard in person to a soundtrack, which isn't fair, but I'm trying to get tickets again for when they come to my city. I still listen to the soundtrack in my car lol.