• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking of course about BKMJMBOX's masterful take on Final Fantasy III's Eternal Wind.

Also got Nobuo's seal of approval for that matter!

I've long thought this dude is the best guitar player on YouTube that has ever covered video game music. More well known for this video (which is almost quite as good as Eternal Wind):

It's quite unfortunate he just disappeared from the face of the Earth one day eight years ago. His indecipherable name basically makes it impossible to search for any information. I guess he became a salaryman or something. :/ Godspeed BKMJMBOX, wherever you are.

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Wow, his eternal wind rendition reminds me a LOT of the amazing arrangements of Falcom music from Ryo Yonemitsu.
I love them.

Zeenbor

Developer at Run Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I raise you a Golden Axe Metal Medley:

a FF6 Decisive Battle:

and then a BATTLE ON THE BRIDGE:

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Geez. You might be right. The sheer accuracy and all the techniques on display at the end there was making me sweat a bit.

Also...
Right? The sheer skill on display just puts him on another level. And he plays so clean and effortlessly. And creatively, too. He's basically in the professional session player tier. His Eternal Wind solo just blows me away every time.

Prince uf Darkness is the best imo and his productions are incredibly good.

Ah a fellow DOD fan! Yeah PUF/Tony Dickinson is great. His arrangements are much more elaborate of course hah.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly it would be up there if this didn't exist:

-The coordination to be in time pretty much throughout
-The sheer skill on some of the "rhythm" parts. This is NOT an easy song to play (it's not the hardest ever but see below)
-Getting the cadence and phrasing perfect
-The harmonics subtle and not horribly intrusive
-That blitzball on the shore