• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Lufaise Meadows from FFXI.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Garden of Ru'Hmet from FFXI.

Loved the Sea endgame zone in CoP.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question. Are there any other series/franchises whose music is simply god tier from title to title in the franchise? I can't think of any comparable series/franchises whose music is just so consistently good from every single title in the franchise.

It's too hard to name just one song in the entirety of the Final Fantasy franchise, but Aerith's theme will always have a special place in my heart, one that hits me emotionally like no other track out there. I know it's the not the most original pick or one of the lesser known tracks from the franchise, but in terms of its place in video game music history, it's way up there. I particularly like the rendition of Aerith's theme during the ending credits of FF7 Remake. I think it's fitting that's the first track that plays when they start showing all the snippets of the game once you're at the end.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I have a soft spot for this one:

Before this fight, the game mostly has a rather standard JRPG track (still a great one, mind) but around 3:15 in this one is when it decides to just throw all of that away and go completely wild. That's basically the tone of the entire OST since then and it's incredible.

Ya, I feel very much the same. Even if Oblivion isn't my favorite track in XIV, it's one of the most memorable just because it was unlike anything before it and I wasn't prepared for the rest of the game's music being, well... as diverse and unique as it is. It's a huge turning point.

Last edited:

Swimble_87

Oct 27, 2017
The crown goes to FF9 - surely - for the best variety of battle themes.

We've got:

- the standard battle theme which is a banger in itself - that's without mentioning the Dissidia remix which is just as good!

- Feel My Blade

- Hunter's Chance

- You're Not Alone

- Dark Messenger

I rest my case.

Edit: can't remember if the Silver Dragons theme was used for a battle - but let's throw it in anyway

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
It's Auron's theme
I have a question. Are there any other series/franchises whose music is simply god tier from title to title in the franchise? I can't think of any comparable series/franchises whose music is just so consistently good from every single title in the franchise.
There is also Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted or Grand Theft Auto.

Oct 27, 2017
For the people who said, Terra's theme, good choice! That's one of my absolute favorites. Did you guys know there is a version of it with lyrics?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of crazy how all these years later nothing has topped the original Shinra Company theme for me.

]

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London

Its this. Nothing fits quite as well as this music does. From the cutscene of Landing on Dollet transitioning into gameplay. The track is so good they abandon the battle theme and just continue playing this during battles. The sense of urgency coz your on a timer on Dollet everything fits perfectly.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
The remake version of one winged angel takes it to a new level.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018

This capture the sense of an epic adventure much better than the vastly overrated one winged angel.

This is a vastly broad spread for specific 'best' Final Fantasy tune, but if we're talking about 'mountain' type tracks specifically, I see your Mt. Koltz and raise you a Walking the Snowy Mountains:

The arranged version featured in the doujin album Preludio is incredible; wish I could find it to share, but alas.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a vastly broad spread for specific 'best' Final Fantasy tune, but if we're talking about 'mountain' type tracks specifically, I see your Mt. Koltz and raise you a Walking the Snowy Mountains:

The arranged version featured in the doujin album Preludio is incredible; wish I could find it to share, but alas.

FFV had so many cool tracks, even the unreleased ones

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got to this fight and wow! Don't watch if you plan on playing - just open on another tab.

The second phase doesn't really do it for me but it is iconic. The first phase has some nice covers on YT. Is there any place to go where we can get some commentary from the composers? There are a lot of interesting choices in this game.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Old or new, best boss theme of any FF game (close to Battle of the Four Fiends)

Sidenote: Lot of love for FFXIV music. :D

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, after listening and re-listening to different versions of Terra's theme, I now wanna see Square do a remake of FF6 after they finish off FF7 Remake. LOL. This showed up in my recommended list - Terra's theme with English vocals.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Forgot about this. This version is so so good, indeed.

Imma add this here:

3:02:

ea7.jpg

Last edited:

Kholdy

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Hahaha, I'm not sure what's this thread is about right now, but I'll drop this:

Since VII-R already delivered J-E-N-O-V-A (and it's awesome), this is the next song I'm looking forward from VII-R.
Unfortunately, OWA overshadowed it, but for me it's one of the coolest Boss Theme from FF.

robesgruyere

One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2018
Got to this fight and wow! Don't watch if you plan on playing - just open on another tab.

The second phase doesn't really do it for me but it is iconic. The first phase has some nice covers on YT. Is there any place to go where we can get some commentary from the composers? There are a lot of interesting choices in this game.

As far as XIV was concerned, you beat me. This song still hasn't been topped for me.

My choice though:

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
It's hard for me to decide the absolute best when FFXIV alone has over a 100 songs I'd consider GOAT tier.

I have a soft spot for this one:

Before this fight, the game mostly has a rather standard JRPG track (still a great one, mind) but around 3:15 in this one is when it decides to just throw all of that away and go completely wild. That's basically the tone of the entire OST since then and it's incredible.

Or maybe this:

Shame this specific version only plays in a fight that's way too hard for me to ever do.

See...you would think that this is an awesome theme for an ultimate raid. It's very energetic, and the individual themes from first tier to second tier, to third tier of Alexander, make a very natural progression all on their own...but progressing through this fight with this music is almost torturous. I already heard the first tier music enough during Living Liquid prog in HW, and it takes a looooong time for the average group to get comfortable enough with LL and BJ/CC phases to get through them consistently.

Still love the Brute Justice Mode theme, but boy is it testing my love for it right now. Glad to finally be stuck deeper into the fight.

Edit: Shiva's theme is still iconic in the community though. I don't wanna say they beat it out with the new savage raid tier, but the new theme there is fantastic as well.