• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Peak for me was Ep 63 when Goku and Vegeta fought Zamazu and Black. ToP took some of my least favorite parts of Dragin Ball, amplified them, then smushed it all together. I wish I loved it, and it does have its moments, but I was bored or annoyed for 90%

I liked it before the white hair
I don't mind the design so much, and kind of enjoy the clean look, but the way he unlocked the form felt really lame.

Last edited:

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with Vegeta here, that's just a silly stunt. I could see it being useful to spook your enemy, but other than that it's fairly pointless .

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Who is Goku blasting here?

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
i love all the day to day downtime scenes when they are not fighting, especially domestic discussion between Vegeta and Bulma.

Seeing the Prince of Saiyans trying to wrap a baby napkin or give her baby girl a name were hilarious.
Yeah, it was one of Super's greastest strengths. My favorite scenes were the ones involving Pan, because it gave opportunity to see the others characters in a different light:

Goku and Piccolo just sitting down, reflecting on life. Or Goku showing concern for his family outside of fighting scenarios. Also Pan being an adorable badass by herself. All really good stuff.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yeah I loved the variety of the ToP. It wasn't entirely just beams and punches. Some of the abilities we saw on display were actually fun and unique.
17 was a great example of this. He was pretty much a support (to use Moba terms) and pulled it off so well.
Yeah, it was one of Super's greastest strengths. My favorite scenes were the ones involving Pan, because it gave opportunity to see the others characters in a different light:

Goku and Piccolo just sitting down, reflecting on life. Or Goku showing concern for his family outside of fighting scenarios. Also Pan being an adorable badass by herself. All really good stuff.

The slice of life stuff in this are some of the best since Dragon Ball.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
17 was a great example of this. He was pretty much a support (to use Moba terms) and pulled it off so well.

The slice of life stuff in this are some of the best since Dragon Ball.
Agree on both points. Super made me a huge 17 fan.

And yeah the slice of life stuff was great. The way Super humanized the cast instead of just focusing on the punchy explody fun times was perfect. Especially when it came to Goku and Vegeta.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
4967155f2bb6a9723df3284d08a7a16a.gif

Not the hypest shit but man this part of the fight was sick
TTIV4h.gif

My G Gohan really showing how far he's come.
WMNUm5.gif

This moment actually made say "oh shit" since I thought Jiren was gonna walk over Vegeta like he's Yamcha.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All right I'll give the weird response. The episode master roshi is fighting seriously and ends with the heartfelt scene of him krillin and Goku that nearly made me cry is my hype moment.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I was actually in awe the first time Ultra Instinct was revealed. Something about it is so unique to the other transformations in the series. I love his movements.

6149474-9437234837-tumbl.gif

6119192-ezgif-2-6e658b89a6.gif

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I'm trying to remember but I don't think Z had them teaming up did it, other than the fusion against Buu?

I wanna add this as well. The Goku Black arc gets overlooked a lot imo. I agree that the animation was as good but holy crap, this scene was dope.

z ended with vegeta admitting he not going catch up with Goku but even then they tagged in and out didn't fight side by side

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Also, absolutely everything with Auta Magetta. New character who is huge, surprisingly fast, has lava and heat powers, shrugs off blows from Super Saiyans like it's nothing. He's quietly a high tier fighter and no one seems to remember that.

Even in the Tournament of Power, there's one Frost-centric episode where Magetta was just a force of nature, randomly popping out of nowhere and wrecking everything.

Hit versus Jiren was pretty cool too. The arc villain is nearly defeated by a previous arc villain.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017

this is the real answer. The whole sequence was just epic

beerus' srmirk. Then calmly saying he's back.
the whole fight where goku surprises hinself how much better he got.

db super had its problems but damn was this showpure hype at times and it's clearly missed

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Also, absolutely everything with Auta Magetta. New character who is huge, surprisingly fast, has lava and heat powers, shrugs off blows from Super Saiyans like it's nothing. He's quietly a high tier fighter and no one seems to remember that.

Even in the Tournament of Power, there's one Frost-centric episode where Magetta was just a force of nature, randomly popping out of nowhere and wrecking everything.

Hit versus Jiren was pretty cool too. The arc villain is nearly defeated by a previous arc villain.
Anything with Hit is pretty cool.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Somewhat cheating because it's the Super movie, but man Gogeta Blue flexing, making Broly catch his lightning hands then going into the Meteor Explosion was a work of art.

820d0dc2fcadf70037cb558ee51a4f59.gif

RemorsefulUnderstatedCub-size_restricted.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
When Vegeta grills Goku about how he has two kids but never kissed his wife.

Goku likes to fuck but still doesn't want to get cooties.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much. The problem with the TOP scene is that like 80% of it is static holds on barely-animated characters while the "camera" shakes. Very little actually happens there.

The Trunks scene achieves similar narrative results while actually showing things happening on screen.

benbeau

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Yeah sure fine babe."

Casual husband Vegeta is the best and Sabat's delivery is perfection.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
For series Super, this is way, way up there.
Good? The form is a lazy recolor (maybe not even that) of SSJ2 and comes out of no where with no build up and the thought behind it is ridiculous and it looks ugly and lame as hell.
Agree. Most of the Trunks stuff in super was boring and stretched out needlessly, much like this scene.
Somewhat cheating because it's the Super movie, but man Gogeta Blue flexing, making Broly catch his lightning hands then going into the Meteor Explosion was a work of art.

820d0dc2fcadf70037cb558ee51a4f59.gif

RemorsefulUnderstatedCub-size_restricted.gif
Super overall: this. Gogeta stand is me, but this was just goddamned amazing. That first gif is pure gold, for me. So well framed, animated and just directed in general. It's fantastic.