• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bgLweZr.png

53xWQW1.png

5CFPIA6.png

ktAdmqC.png

Context for those who need it: a few days ago, Slightly Mad Studios announced a brand new console in the works, the "Mad Box". One of the things they promised was "VR in 60fps", which people rightly pointed out was, well, not something anyone would want. Slightly Mad's CEO Ian Bell (the guy in the tweets) responded by saying "60 fps per eye for a total of 120fps", and hilarity ensued.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
It's always great when someone is so certain about being wrong on the internet.

(It becomes a tragedy when that someone has enough fans that people pointing out the facts somehow get painted as evil, but luckily that doesn't appear to be the case here)

Oct 27, 2017
It's like whole Mad Box thing is not shady enough, additionally their PR person doesn't know what he's talking about.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
"I'll defer to your better knowledge."
"I'll defer to your better knowledge."
*proceeds to do the exact opposite*

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Hooooooooly shit that design

DwES4aRV4AAwN1h.jpg:large

Pretty sure this is just going to end up as another one of those pre-built PC boxes everyone immediately forgets about 30 minutes after release.

Oct 27, 2017
So the console games I play that are 30 fps also happen to be 30fps per eye, since I use both eyes to play. So that means they are really 60fps! Hooray, we no longer have to have a debate on which is better!

This reminds me of the night Netflix announced their removal of DVDs, and the CEO completely misread the feedback.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I don't understand how the CEO of a company that put out one of the first AAA VR games is so ignorant.

Stitch

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like how he's trying to tell Chet Faliszek how VR works when Chet Faliszek actually worked on the Vive.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Telling the VR guy at Valve that he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to VR on PC is probably not a smart move.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So a steambox then? Won't be a standalone console because they won't have the games. It will have to be something with access to Steam/Origin etc.

He does remind me of Molyneux and Pitchford...

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, my understanding was the same as his.

I thought the more demanding games on PSVR rendered two 60fps images, and used 'reprojection' to smooth a 90fps output for each eye.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I see we've an early contender for Giant Bomb's Please Stop award.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Telling the VR guy at Valve that he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to VR on PC is probably not a smart move.

Holy crap I didn't realize that was who he was talking to. It sounds like he just thought he knew information, and refused to back down for some reason.

This project screams scam to me. I don't think it will ever come out. They will launch a kickstarter or something and never deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.