• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
They may be on the Switch but those are not Switch games

Having read your second post, I understand better what you meant now. I don't agree, but I understand where you're coming from. I too have been disappointed with the exclusive games got the Switch. I've been very pleased with the day and date games and the late ports as well. My favorite games for the system have been Snake Pass, Splasher and Celeste, and none of those arrived any later on Switch than elsewhere.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I have like 10 (granted mostly 1st Party Nintendo titles) and haven't even had the time to finish half.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I think with switch you can actually have a Nintendo console as your main go to and not be starved for games, depending on your tastes of course. Thats pretty damn good considering the past few gens for them.

Granted at this point there are only like 5 games on the thing I personally want, I stand by my statement. From an outsider looking in, Nintendo aren't in a bad place right now and its looking good for them software wise.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have less than 20 in total but still need to finish 4 of them (Skyrim, Hyrule Warrios, Pokemon, and Smash) and I'm getting NSMBU Deluxe in a few weeks when it launches. It's hard to justify buying more since I prefer to complete all games.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
How do some of you have the time, lmao.

I own:

Hollow Knight - played over 25 hours
Celeste - haven't played
Zelda BotW - played 1 Hour
Mario Kart 8 - played over 5 hours overs
Smash Bros Ultimate - played over 10 hours
DK Freeze - haven't played
Dragonball FighterZ - played 30 mins
Bayoneta 1 & 2 - played 30 mins
Mario Odyssey - haven't played

Now if I didn't have a large PS4 and PC backlog, I'd be fine, but this is not the case. Smash Bros ruined everything for me in my quest to clear backlog, but between work and vacation (traveling) I just don't have time. Instead of playing video games, I caught up and finished Narcos, lol.

I think I've hit the point where I'll be able to calm down on Switch games and just work through what I have with my existing games. I might even trade/sell back DB FighterZ. With Smash here, it's realistic to say that I just won't play another fighting game.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
I have 24

"I like these games, and I especially like them on this system for X reason. This system has a lot of worthwhile games"

"I think those games are old or otherwise unworthwhile because of X reasons, so your system has no games"

/thread

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017

I own:

Celeste - haven't played

Now if I didn't have a large PS4 and PC backlog, I'd be fine, but this is not the case. Smash Bros ruined everything for me in my quest to clear backlog, but between work and vacation (traveling) I just don't have time. Instead of playing video games, I caught up and finished Narcos, lol.

I think I've hit the point where I'll be able to calm down on Switch games and just work through what I have with my existing games. I might even trade/sell back DB FighterZ. With Smash here, it's realistic to say that I just won't play another fighting game.

Well, I can tell you that I don't have a large PC or PS4 backlog that is worth playing, so that.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I have close to 90 physical switch games before even getting into digital stuff. The most I've ever had for a nintendo home console and it's only been out a little under 2 years. I suspect it'll comfortably outdo the DS by the end too.

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017
6. There's no reason for me to get nothing that isn't a exclusive that interests me. I doubt I'll break even 20 at the end of Switch's live.

It is different for everyone, but any game that isnt compromised on Switch I buy on Switch. So indies, basically. I dont see why I would limit myself by purchasing them on PS4/PC when I could get them on Switch and play them wherever.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm almost up to 100. Aside from first party releases, I'm finally to the point where I stopped impulse buying, but early on the concept of the Switch was so amazing that I really couldn't help myself. Nintendo is my favorite developer, so I'm glad they finally gave me a console that clicked with me unlike the Wii. Haven't felt this enthralled with a Nintendo home console since the GameCube.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
there are so many people with startlingly large numbers of games owned because it's become the preferred platform for multiplats for some of us. a lot of us don't think "switch game" and "switch exclusive" are synonyms.i don't care that half the switch games I own are late ports.

therealmob21

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
User Banned (2 days): Trolling, account in junior phase
Having read your second post, I understand better what you meant now. I don't agree, but I understand where you're coming from. I too have been disappointed with the exclusive games got the Switch. I've been very pleased with the day and date games and the late ports as well. My favorite games for the system have been Snake Pass, Splasher and Celeste, and none of those arrived any later on Switch than elsewhere.

Thank you, I mean im mostly trolling at this point but there is def truth in what I was getting at so I appreciate you actually reading lol. My game of the year is Celeste and I played that on my Switch as well.

By your standard, these are the worthwhile games on PS4:

God of War
Horizon
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Spidermanz

Not even 6 games.

PS4 has no PS4 games.

Actually, you can trim that list to 2. You can remove Horizon, UC4, and Spiderman: 3 of the most overrated games this gen with Spiderman taking the cake.

Anyways, the point is that unless the Switch is your one and only current gen console there is borderline zero reason to justify owning one unless you are either comfortable spending a couple hundred dollars for a Zelda/Smash machine or you dont have a problem with being an early adopter on the latest tech

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
After the first 2 years of PS4 I had like 130 games in my library.

I love my switch but I've had it since launch and only have like 10 games. Those 10 games are really good though.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Switch is one of those systems where the portability factor plus the strong indie support basically makes backlogs explode. Even with some AAA games, I've repurchased them on the Switch just because it's so much easier to use the Switch without being tethered to the TV. Already owned DOOM on PS4 and Xbox One via Game Pass, yet I bought and play DOOM most frequently on the Switch.

IAMtheFMan

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago

I own:

Celeste - haven't played

Ironically, it's BECAUSE I don't have time that I've managed to play more games on Switch.

In the last couple years, I've bought a bunch of games on PS4 and PC. Witcher 3, Doom, Horizon, Persona 5, GOW, DQ XI, Ni No Kuni, Nier: A, Divinity 2, Undertale, Grim Fandango remastered, some games on Oculus, just to name a few. Of those, I've managed to beat/play to satisfaction only GOW, Lone Echo on Oculus and Automata. With a wife and kid, a super busy job and outside life, I didn't have time to sit down in front of the TV or PC boot it up, and play for any extended period of time. There were times when I would boot up Witcher 3, stare at the screen, look at the map, sigh to myself and just turn it off because I knew in 20 minutes my wife and I had something planned, or the kid would be up to something or what have you. As time went onon, it got harder and harder to restart where I left off due to forgetting mechanics, story, and so forth.

On the other hand, I've managed to beat super lengthy titles on the Switch BECAUSE I can jump in for 20 minutes, stop, then resume anywhere immediately after I've put out whatever real-life fire that needs to be put out. I mean, I beat super long games like XB2, Zelda, Odyssey and put in 100+ hours in Skyrim this way. Applying this to other games, some of which I bought but barely touched (Thimbleweed Park, Enter the Gungeon, friggin' Civilization 6) and I can get in more gaming time now then ever. Plus the issue of forgetting things that I had with the PS4 and PC are super lessened as even a spot check in for 10-15 minutes is enough for me to have my muscle memory and remember how everything works.

I get that from a gaming standpoint, Switch isn't at all the ideal way to experience or play games. Compared to my high-end PC, it can't compare at all. But here's the thing; I'm 36 and money and access are no longer my limiting factors; time and convenience are. So obviously for me, the system is great and my preferred way to play. I've run into some duds and frustrations -The Sexy Brutale port was horrible and though I have this on PC, I don't know if I"ll ever get to it- but by in large if there aren't huge concessions and I've a piqued interest in a game, Switch is the way to go for me.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is different for everyone, but any game that isnt compromised on Switch I buy on Switch. So indies, basically. I dont see why I would limit myself by purchasing them on PS4/PC when I could get them on Switch and play them wherever.
In my case the PC version already allows me much more portability than the switch, coupled with better prices, continuation of library and being able to play the games at max settings on my base PC
There's all reason for me and I'm switch, ps4 and pc. Having switch be so damn portable means I can buy those games and play them literally whenever I want. It is amazing.
sadly the Switch is too big for me to like to use as a handheld. I can buy and play those games in a better, more portable form factor than the switch already.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I've decided to cut down on spending till February, only making a single exception for GRIS.

That is because the next year will probably destroy the shit out of my wallet.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
God I still remember when my Steam library clicked over to 1K games.

I was like, "How the hell did that happen?", lol.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine there being that many games worth playing on it. I have 7 and I wouldn't even buy that game that was on sale for a penny. I wish there was a filter on the eshop to remove all that shovelware, it's so difficult to find gems in that landfill of junk.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I wish the Switch had that many games I was interested in. I have ~10, and at least 3 of those are double dips to support studios. I love the OS, but there's no reason for me to buy anything but exclusives since it's weaker than the other consoles and I have no interest in playing it undocked.

I would buy the heck out of SNES classics on it, but Nintendo doesn't want my money.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've only had it for a couple weeks, and I already have 6 games. I understand the hype now.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why the fuck does it matter? people buy games to play on switch, doesn't matter if they're available on other platforms or even if they're year old ports. not everyone
a, has all the platforms
b, plays on all the platforms
c, has played every single game ever
d, gives a fuck about if what they're playing is exclusive to a system or not
games are games, and there's a lot of great games on switch.

Anyways, the point is that unless the Switch is your one and only current gen console there is borderline zero reason to justify owning one unless you are either comfortable spending a couple hundred dollars for a Zelda/Smash machine or you dont have a problem with being an early adopter on the latest tech
tell that to the millions of people who are buying the system and are buying 10+ games for it

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
In my case the PC version already allows me much more portability than the switch, coupled with better prices, continuation of library and being able to play the games at max settings on my base PC
sadly the Switch is too big for me to like to use as a handheld. I can buy and play those games in a better, more portable form factor than the switch already.
Are you talking about GPDWin/2? I can see the value in that for a heavier PC user but it also has it's drawbacks (higher hardware cost, comparable performance, worse controls).

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017

What do you mean your PC is more portable than your switch? I'm assuming you mean a laptop but that is certainly more cumbersome than your Switch? Also, most of the indie titles I have bought I got for the same price as their Steam version. Into the Breach, Celeste, Hollow Knight, etc. I understand the max settings argument when it comes to a game like Wolfenstein 2 or Doom but it's marginal in most indie games imo.

But again, not really arguing with your preference just curious why you feel that way

therealmob21

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
why the fuck does it matter? people buy games to play on switch, doesn't matter if they're available on other platforms or even if they're year old ports. not everyone
a, has all the platforms
b, plays on all the platforms
c, has played every single game ever
d, gives a fuck about if what they're playing is exclusive to a system or not
games are games, and there's a lot of great games on switch.

tell that to the millions of people who are buying the system and are buying 10+ games for it

Hey man, why you cursing at me? Maybe if you read like two posts above you you could eliminate points a through d of your post.
And exactly. That's why I said from post 1 that there are 12-15 games worth on the Switch. Pretty sure that qualifies as 10+

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aren't there like 1200 Switch games already? And those wiki lists tend to be missing some (but the duplicates make up for it so it's more or less close enough).