• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I've been waiting 7 years for a genuinely great BioWare game... don't let me down guys

Inquisition DLC level at least is what I'm hoping for here

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I've been waiting 7 years for a genuinely great BioWare game... don't let me down guys

Inquisition DLC level at least is what I'm hoping for here
What's a great Bioware game? If you're in it for the story then you'll be disappointed, this is not the game for that.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Looks really nice and I wish I could bring myself to feel enthusiastic about this game. But I just can't. More power to the people who can enjoy this type of game. Hope that Bioware sort out the technical issues by launch.

Oct 26, 2017
You would think they kept some special things for the endgame. Not with the majority of baddies being the same ones we fight over and over in freeplay and the missions. I just don't understand it really.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
This actually looks fun, but I will indeed wait a month or 2 to see how bad microtransactions are and of course we all know this will go down in price REALLY fast.

Jun 1, 2018
FinishedBackHumpbackwhale-size_restricted.gif
This looks cool but how can they make an endgame content video and seriously talk about changing colors of your javelin as endgame content ist beyond me

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Oh, I only meant from an aesthetic perspective. When in the trailer the narrator mentions end game rarest gear, they show a fairly typical looking weapon. In Destiny, the rarest and coolest stuff was often so ornate, gilded, uniquely shaped, coloured etc, and thus really set itself apart. I haven't really seen much if any of that from Anthem.

For example, this is what they showed for the rarest weapon commentary.

ScreenShot20190206at.png

This is the kind of stuff you might see in Destiny.

destiny_gjallarhorn.jpg

destiny_2_curse_of_osiris_perfect_paradox_saint-14__secret_exotic_weapon_quest.jpg

1430886329786359466.png

R5zOvas.gif

I agree that Destiny exotics mostly (some are pretty plain) have a neat aesthetic to them, but on the flipside you can only rock 1 weapon and 1 armor exotic at a time.

In Anthem you'll be able to deck out in full Masterworked gear. Also, due to the 3rd person nature I don't really notice my weapon appearance much in Anthem.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Really want to get into one of those big beefy Colossus suits.

Tank for days. Headbutt wild animals with it.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
What's a great Bioware game? If you're in it for the story then you'll be disappointed, this is not the game for that.

Basically everything ME3 and prior.

If the characters/world building are good, that's enough for me. Main story is a toss-up, I don't see how it could be that great considering the looter-shooter genre but I'm prepared to be wrong. I will also be shocked, in a good way, if any choices made have any sort of impact on how things progress.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
Works for me. I can see myself sinking many hours into this. Hope they continue to drop new strongholds and add some world bosses. maybe some rare roaming elite enemies too?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree that Destiny exotics mostly (some are pretty plain) have a neat aesthetic to them, but on the flipside you can only rock 1 weapon and 1 armor exotic at a time.

In Anthem you'll be able to deck out in full Masterworked gear. Also, due to the 3rd person nature I don't really notice my weapon appearance much in Anthem.

When you say full masterworked gear, does that mean you can carry multiple weapon types at the same time, or do you mean armor?

Deleted member 34618

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 27, 2017
The biggest problem I see is by all indications the higher difficulties for missions just mean the enemies have more health and do more damage. Without unique variations in enemy type and placement at higher difficulties, missions are gonna get old real fast.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh, I only meant from an aesthetic perspective. When in the trailer the narrator mentions end game rarest gear, they show a fairly typical looking weapon. In Destiny, the rarest and coolest stuff was often so ornate, gilded, uniquely shaped, coloured etc, and thus really set itself apart. I haven't really seen much if any of that from Anthem.

For example, this is what they showed for the rarest weapon commentary.

ScreenShot20190206at.png

This is the kind of stuff you might see in Destiny.

destiny_gjallarhorn.jpg

destiny_2_curse_of_osiris_perfect_paradox_saint-14__secret_exotic_weapon_quest.jpg

1430886329786359466.png

R5zOvas.gif

Actually the image you use, is a none-upgraded Masterwork weapon, which means it doesn't gain a unique name or bonus property.
However in the trailer you can see 3 Light Machine Guns that feature unique skins and a powerful bonus property along with 4 Inscriptions:
YF2xNlr.png

QYcJIbR.png

ReB40sZ.png

These models/skins are actually how Masterwork and Legendary Upgraded (named) weapons will look. That all said... I do prefer Destiny's approach to unique weapons, they feel truly one of a kind and different from everything else. Something Anthem seems to be lacking unless we see something similar to Jarra's Wrath pop up again at some point.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Have they talked about what their plan is post launch? Ive heard them say that they plan on supporting this for awhile and wont charge for any of the new content. But how does that even work? Are they just going to release smaller "expansions" for free instead of 1 larger one for $20+ every year?
EDIT: NVM, thanks Hydruxo!

Also, I just heard that any new armor drops you get dont change the appearance of your titan? That cant be right? If thats the case, does that mean that the only way to change the look of your Titan is with Skins (aside from color changing)? That seems like a mistake imo.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
This looks cool but how can they make an endgame content video and seriously talk about changing colors of your javelin as endgame content ist beyond me
Gearing up your character to look the way you want it to is a staple of endgame activities in all sorts of games - obviously it's the end rather than the means, but for a lot of people it matters.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boy that was a bad video. Showed nothing of interest for the Endgame.

And the focus on cosmetics and effin emotes ist just laughable.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't have started watching videos on this.

Shit...now I'm starting to get invested.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
When you say full masterworked gear, does that mean you can carry multiple weapon types at the same time, or do you mean armor?

Well, I guess armor appearance in Anthem is entirely part of the cosmetic interface since there really isn't actual 'armor' pieces in Anthem. You can equip 2 weapons to swap between and I haven't seen any indication that there are restrictions on how many pieces of masterwork gear you can equip (like Destiny exotics).

I'm also assuming you will have masterwork quality for your ability loadouts as well as the mods you can equip. So while Destiny has more flashy looks for their top tier gear they also limit how many you can run where Anthem doesn't.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they just straight up steal Warframe's customization.

Let players unlock and use their own specific body parts, etc.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
as long as the daily/weekly/monthly stuff isn;t the only way to get gear. I don't want to be time gated

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I quite enjoyed the story stuff in the demo and the stuff in this video seemed to be just as good. I don't think it's going to be a Mass Effect length story, but I'm hoping for something meaty.

The Ur Quan

BioWare - Cinematics Animation Director
Verified
Feb 6, 2019
It's worth pointing out that guns in Destiny focus on distinct designs as they are showpiece items (first person commodity), whereas in our game the Javelins classes carry more of that design weight.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
It's worth pointing out that guns in Destiny focus on distinct designs as they are showpiece items (first person commodity), whereas in our game the Javelins classes carry more of that design weight.

I am insanely jelly of your job, your ability to play this game right now and your probably dripping slick with masterworks Jav of whatever kind.
---------------
On topic:
Mad excited for this game and the content release seems pretty solid here. Like immediately showing people the content drop will be consistent is pretty dope. I was already hard in after both demos so this just locks up for me super tight. Need a completely masterworked Fast Boi like.... now.

Also - fucking half my group have all jumped ship and are now like "Oh but i like interceptor too maybe i'll play them first rather than ranger or Colossus hmmmm" and i have never felt more salty about people doubling down on my class choice as i do here.
I am the ninja boy.
I am the one who Cuts!

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish they made getting gear look cool and visually appealing.
Sure you can be decked out from head to toe of legendaries, but it's a huge missed opportunity in a loot game if it doesn't show on your character. Just my opinion.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I'll take a dynamic endgame over the shit we got in destiny any day.

But more of a story trailer than anything else. Cutscenes look far better than any loot shooter out there. If the story ends up better than borderlands 2, people on ERA are gonna have a heart attack.
I actually thought Destiny had incredible cinematics direction but okay.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Mmkay. That actually sold me on the game. I was lukewarm over the demo, but the breadth of content and exploration wasn't in question. Good to see that there's a point to it all and large-scale communal meta events are something I've wanted to see in online games for ages (something WoW does too sparingly).

And...pre-ordered. See you all in game.