• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Last edited:

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Give me either a f-zero type game which isnt as slow as wipeout or a new burnout game with way more ramps and crazy street design.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Give me either a f-zero type game which isnt as slow as wipeout or a new burnout game with way more ramps and crazy street design.
If you want speed, check out some Redout and FAST RMX gameplay. They're still not as fast as F-Zero on high leagues but it's still pretty fast.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
If you want speed, check out some Redout and FAST RMX gameplay. They're still not as fast as F-Zero on high leagues but it's still pretty fast.
Yeah its that I purchased Wipeout on the PS4 not having played any Wipeout and was incredibly disappointed with the gameplay and speed, looked good tho. Gonna need to try out Redout.

Ben Ward

Developer at Supergonk
Verified
Feb 22, 2018
Our small team released Trailblazers a few months ago. Give it a shot if you want to try an arcade co-op racer where you paint the track as you race.

Ben

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean.....where's Distance? Finally left early access on Steam, but no console release? Been waiting since 2014 for this game....

Dangerous Driving( Burnout 3 successor) is my go to at this point.

Xenon Racer looks like a good sub for Ridge Racer fans.

Ben Ward

Ha, yes I need to check out TrailBlazers. The graphics look phenominal man.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Xenon Racer looks like a good sub for Ridge Racer fans.
Footage from the closed beta was shown off a few weeks ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFr4kC3qwXM

I'm remain unconvinced by the track design, seems dull without variety/track design choices that make stand out each part of the track.

A reminder that Sega Ages Outrun is coming to the Switch in early January (or get it now from the Japan eShop). Still a classic.
So good but it would be nice to play a newly released arcade racing game that's actually very good.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Not because it's a particularly good reason, but because I'll take any reason to bring this topic back from the dead.

This one looks promising:

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Driveclub and Wipeout are 2 of the few racing games I've enjoyed this gen. Now this one isn't my favorite, but burnout paradise offers a very good arcade racing game with plenty of content. It's a decent port but shows it's a age in a lot of spots, still it looks great at 4k 60. But I do agree the lack of good arcade racers this gen has been a disappointment.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
It's already been mentioned, but I think BallisticNG deserves another plug. Probably the best of the current crop of Wipeout inspired racers and developer support has been fantastic. It's also $8 and runs on a potato.

They released a rather hefty free expansion not too long ago and have already announced they're working on more new content.

Mod support is excellent as well, there's even a built-in track layout editor to help you get started. Lots of cool ships and racetracks available on the Steam Workshop.

Last edited:

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Speaking of expansions, Grip Ultimate Edition was just released this past week. One of the few oldschool arcade racers, it had a rough launch, but was constantly updated and improved with tons of extra content added throughout the yer and is currently one of the best arcade experiences available. It tough, but insane amounts of fun.

My best of list for this gen would look something like this:

Burnout Paradise Remastered
Grip
Wipeout Omega
Distance

with special mentions for Redout and Carmageddon Max Damage.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of expansions, Grip Ultimate Edition was just released this past week. One of the few oldschool arcade racers, it had a rough launch, but was constantly updated and improved with tons of extra content added throughout the yer and is currently one of the best arcade experiences available. It tough, but insane amounts of fun.

My best of list for this gen would look something like this:

Burnout Paradise Remastered
Grip
Wipeout Omega
Distance

with special mentions for Redout and Carmageddon Max Damage.

Good list. Man Carmageddon is such a relic but I liked it a lot for that. Just unapologetically THAT game in a modern context. With all the flaws and stuff of the original. I need to reinstall it on Steam and give it another go. It's 90s as hell.

Also Grip has been on my wishlist for a while. Warms my heart that someone made a spiritual successor to Rollcage.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
They do not sell well. So, no, "this gen" does not need them. A small percentage of users does.

On a side note, now that THQ Nordic owns Milestone it would be interesting if they fund a new Screamer.

Last edited:

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What i'd do for a blur remaster/remake, easily one of the best arcade racers i've ever played.

You take mario kart and put it in a city with actual cars that is blur.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Not because it's a particularly good reason, but because I'll take any reason to bring this topic back from the dead.

This one looks promising:

Since the making of this thread Wreckfest came out on consoles, pretty good game in the vein of Destruction Derby / FlatOut. THQ Nordic owned studio though

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
M9Phmdr.gif

Tried Horizon Chase Turbo?

It's really ace.
This is a good choice