• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
A big problem that doesn't help this situation is society constantly tells you you're a failure if you're a virgin and you're a man. For most people it doesn't matter, but some people have so much pent up hatred of the fact they've never had sex and likely never will (I probably never will either, but I've accepted it and I don't really care) and rather than blame themselves or change they blame women because they start to blame all women for the fact they're never going to have sex than blaming themselves.

I don't think there's anything you can do to make it go away unless there's big changes on society which says you're a failure if you never have sex as a man. The people who already externalized their hatred are probably beyond saving now (I believe it's the same for most sexists and racists, a lot of them are so set in their hatred that nothing anyone could ever possibly say or do would make them rethink), the only option is to stop more people falling into this hate.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well here's an incel's ideal sexslave wife

yecoco4hjuw01.jpg
Wow, they want a fictional waifu. This has to be fake lol.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
We probably should also tell them that most women actually like sex, just not with them, because they're scum.
I think they know women like sex, that's why they have that whole Chad story made up.

One of the saddest parts about them, aside from that whole incel thing, is that they unironically believe their "nice guy" fantasy. They actually believe that acting on the desire to have sex with them, while pretending that they're not, is a nice thing to do, and should be rewarded sex. Sex is the only acceptable reward from women.

They would rather make up some bullshit stories, from Chad to that whole "women are evil creatures exploiting us nice guys" narrative, than to accept that they have zero charm, they're as interesting as a rock- actually, apologies to rocks, they're way more interesting than incels.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Of course this pic is not real jfc people, how do you fall for this

Sure sure.

Except this is actually what incels actually believe. If it is "a troll post", it's one indistinguishable from actual incels and their actual beliefs about women.
And if so: How can they be trolling an incel subreddit by simply posting what they actually think?

That'd be a pretty bad attempt at trolling. it'd be like "trolling" a gamer forum by posting how you play games 10 hours a day. A lot of gamers do that. it's how some MMOs need to be played, even.

apologies to rocks, they're way more interesting than incels.

I was about to say. Rocks can be pretty neat!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Sure sure.

Except this is actually what incels actually believe. If it is "a troll post", it's one indistinguishable from actual incels and their actual beliefs about women.
And if so: How can they be trolling an incel subreddit by simply posting what they actually think?

That'd be a pretty bad attempt at trolling. it'd be like "trolling" a gamer forum by posting how you play games 10 hours a day. A lot of gamers do that. it's how some MMOs need to be played, even.

A very common troll tactic is to produce barely noticeable sauté to rule up a community. It happens on Era quite often. It's away to troll while retaining your account so you can do it more.

That post reads like a satirical post of Incel talking points more than actual bitter misogyny.

Either way it's a shit post.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
That post reads like a satirical post of Incel talking points more than actual bitter misogyny.

To me, this comes across more as an attempt to defend incels than anything else.

It's not a satirical post because it is not just literally what incels actually believe, heck it's slightly more benign than the excesses, found, say, in harassment messages women get from incels. The tirades in the latter usually are worse than this, by quite a bit. I've seen incels screech worse in 2014, when they originally went after Zoe Quinn. And they haven't gotten more benign since then, quite the opposite.

It can't be "trolling to rule them up" when it's not even an exaggerated version of it. There's real incels threatening real women that say worse.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
To me, this comes across more as an attempt to defend incels than anything else.

It's not a satirical post because it is not just literally what incels actually believe, heck it's slightly more benign than the excesses, found, say, in harassment messages women get from incels. The tirades in the latter usually are worse than this, by quite a bit. I've seen incels screech worse in 2014, when they originally went after Zoe Quinn. And they haven't gotten more benign since then, quite the opposite.

It can't be "trolling to rule them up" when it's not even an exaggerated version of it. There's real incels threatening real women that say worse.

My posts read nothing like defence of incels, lol, don't be daft.

That post doesn't ring true for me as I said, doesn't seem anywhere near bitter in tone enough.

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't read the thread, but I just wanted to say the title is hilarious:

"This fucking incel shit has got to stop" => Uhh yeah, I think the first ones who want it to be stopped are the incels themselves. It's already in the name: involuntary celibacy.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

"This fucking incel shit has got to stop" => Uhh yeah, I think the first ones who want it to be stopped are the incels themselves. It's already in the name: involuntary celibacy.

As I've heard it said before, thinking that 'incel' means 'involuntarily celibate' these days is like thinking 'Republican' means 'favors a republic over a monarchy' in modern America. Incel USED to mean that, back when it was (if I remember correctly) invented in the nineties by a transperson, and it's still in the name, but now it's just another name for hateful, misogynist manbabies.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

They don't want just sex, they want to own and control an idealized perfect 10 pure woman.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed that "Tyrone" is part of the incel dictionary and a black equivalent of Chad. As a latino with Tyrone as his second name I feel kind of proud.

Last edited:

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The humor would work if it were accurate, but it's not (at all). Incels don't often drop the community once they get laid. It's not hard to find incels who have had multiple sexual partners, because like it's been stated over and over again in this thread, they want more than just sex.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

Except having sex won't suddenly rid them of their misogyny and hate. This uncle shit has to stop is much more than just hoping they all get laid.

They don't want it to stop, they want to have their cake.

Deadlast

Oct 27, 2017
Taking people for granite again i see...
I see what you did there.

Back on topic.

A big problem that doesn't help this situation is society constantly tells you you're a failure if you're a virgin and you're a man. For most people it doesn't matter, but some people have so much pent up hatred of the fact they've never had sex and likely never will (I probably never will either, but I've accepted it and I don't really care) and rather than blame themselves or change they blame women because they start to blame all women for the fact they're never going to have sex than blaming themselves.

I don't think there's anything you can do to make it go away unless there's big changes on society which says you're a failure if you never have sex as a man. The people who already externalized their hatred are probably beyond saving now (I believe it's the same for most sexists and racists, a lot of them are so set in their hatred that nothing anyone could ever possibly say or do would make them rethink), the only option is to stop more people falling into this hate.

This is a load of shit. This is putting the blame on women. If all you care about is sex, then you are missing the point of a relationship.
If all those dudes cared about was sex, then they would just pay for it. But it is something far deeper that is wrong with them. And the internet fuels their hatred for themselves and women.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I see what you did there.

Back on topic.

This is a load of shit. This is putting the blame on women. If all you care about is sex, then you are missing the point of a relationship.
If all those dudes cared about was sex, then they would just pay for it. But it is something far deeper that is wrong with them. And the internet fuels their hatred for themselves and women.

I'm in no way blaming women. I'm blaming society and gender stereotypes. Society as a whole says that if you don't procreate you're a failure as a man. It's just these people are so fucked up in the head rather than either trying to do something about it in a non creepy way or trying to better themselves they take all of the hate they have towards themselves and funnel it into a deep hatred of women. It's not the womens fault, the women have nothing to do with it, it's just people would much rather find someone else to blame other than themselves and in this case it gets funneled towards the only "logical" reason in their minds as to why they're not having sex and there's only one other person involved that they can try and blame.

Humanity has a problem with blaming everyone but themselves and some people blame themselves far too much (I'm talking about in general, not even incel stuff here). It's why team games online are so toxic, because rather than admit that them themselves are the reason the team lost they will do everything in their power to justify that it's obviously the team being shit/another person being terrible and not their own mistakes that caused the loss. The problem with the whole Incel thing is rather than just being angry for 5 minutes at some random person on the internet who you'll never meet again they become so angry and it builds up and up and up before they eventually burst. They have severe mental issues that need to be somehow addressed, but for many of these people they're way too far gone I fear.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in no way blaming women. I'm blaming society and gender stereotypes. Society as a whole says that if you don't procreate you're a failure as a man

I don't think it's procreation, it's that having an SO being seen as a status symbol and they feel as total failures without one. Preferably one that's attractive that they can boss around so they can feel like a real man.

They don't seem the hands on dad types.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does incel differ from red pill?

They're both losers. Difference is incels are kinda resigned to the fact that they'll never get a date because of their looks, while redpill/Mgtow feels you have to be a ultra Alpha male. Neither thinks about their actual personalities being the problem and they agree that they hate SJWs and feminism and want good pure women.

A lot of incels feel that redpillers are incel in denial.

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
Well here's an incel's ideal sexslave wife

yecoco4hjuw01.jpg

This is entertaining stuff. Unfortunately, they're looking for a hentai waifu, which is going to be a challenge. The percentage of women that meet these demands AND are available and want THEM, well... I wish them lots of luck. No wonder they're so pissed!

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Does anybody remember, about ten years+ back, there was this "movement" on YouTube called "True Forced Loneliness", where guys would complain that there was some sort of social system that specifically and intentionally kept them un-sexed and without attention from women. The idea was that women were this sort of cult that had an almost telepathic ability to communicate to each other: don't get together with these men, they've been blacklisted. I had an idiotic friend who would go on and on about True Forced Loneliness and had me watch some videos with him; no matter what I said or what arguments I made to sink this stuff, nothing stuck, he was convinced these videos were showing some true shit and were unlocking the mystery of human relationships.

I stopped hanging out with him soon after -- as far as I've heard from mutual people, he's gone into the Trump rabbithole and spends 99% of his time posting "libtard-owning" memes on Facebook and playing hentai video games even though he's pushing 40 at this point. Never went to college/uni, no ambition, lives in his parents' pool house, only works part-time for his mom, never had a serious girlfriend, once lucked into a decent job but was fired within a week for failing a drug test (pot). Total failure of a person who wants someone to blame it all on, so I guess these movements are extremely attractive. He's also Hispanic so his Trump worship is extra pathetic and absurd.

Anyway, I hadn't thought about "True Forced Loneliness" in years, but these incel threads brought it back to mind. Is TFL the start of these online movements like MGTOW, incel, red pills, and all this garbage? I feel like I never see people mention that group/movement when I read about incels and misogynistic internet culture, even though it seems like TFL was trading in a lot of this language and these ideas quite a few years ago.

Hirok2099

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How is his post blaming women? If anything it is usually other males that create that Social expectation.

Shut down every place they congregate, prevent them from forming any online community, treat them like a terrorist breeding ground, because that's basically what they are.
This is not going to really help unless you remove the underlying social Issues and heal toxic masculinity. Incense were always there they simply did not have a name before.

Deadlast

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in no way blaming women. I'm blaming society and gender stereotypes. Society as a whole says that if you don't procreate you're a failure as a man. It's just these people are so fucked up in the head rather than either trying to do something about it in a non creepy way or trying to better themselves they take all of the hate they have towards themselves and funnel it into a deep hatred of women. It's not the womens fault, the women have nothing to do with it, it's just people would much rather find someone else to blame other than themselves and in this case it gets funneled towards the only "logical" reason in their minds as to why they're not having sex and there's only one other person involved that they can try and blame.

Humanity has a problem with blaming everyone but themselves and some people blame themselves far too much (I'm talking about in general, not even incel stuff here). It's why team games online are so toxic, because rather than admit that them themselves are the reason the team lost they will do everything in their power to justify that it's obviously the team being shit/another person being terrible and not their own mistakes that caused the loss. The problem with the whole Incel thing is rather than just being angry for 5 minutes at some random person on the internet who you'll never meet again they become so angry and it builds up and up and up before they eventually burst. They have severe mental issues that need to be somehow addressed, but for many of these people they're way too far gone I fear.
Sorry I freaked out... I read you post and all I could think of was "this is that soft defending of incel behavior." I am raising three boys and I don't want them to hand wave any of that behavior or blame society.

Thanks to Hirok for pointing it out my ridiculousness.

Oct 25, 2017
China
This is entertaining stuff. Unfortunately, they're looking for a hentai waifu, which is going to be a challenge. The percentage of women that meet these demands AND are available and want THEM, well... I wish them lots of luck. No wonder they're so pissed!
They set the bar high on purpose to delude themselves they have standards the the Stacys can't meet. Its just another layer of delusion.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
The hell is a tyrone

The man, the myth, the legend. Chad is the archetypal alpha bad boy; he and his girlfriend Stacy are perennial objects of the manosphere's envy and resentment.[26][27][28][29] Some denizens of the manosphere, particularly in Reddit's red pill community, display a nigh-homoerotic obsession with the guy. No really, read their fanfictions.[30] His Black counterpart is "Tyrone," because of course that's his name.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Manosphere_glossary

This use of language is so weird, but I guess that's all it takes to convince these fools.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly had no idea what the term was and that there was a 'subculture' surrounding it.

How is this not a bigger deal?

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I visited one of their subreddits, and it seemed so obviously satirical and dare I say it a little funny, but then you go into the comments and you check these people's post histories and you find out this is all they ever write about and you feel like maybe this is serious and these people aren't joking.

I don't know how to tell when they're trolling or when they genuinely believe the stuff they write, and it's kinda fucked up.

KDD

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
User banned (permanent): Misogynist troll account
2,000 years ago, they used to burden an innocent animal (often a goat) with the sins of others and then set it loose to fend for itself. It is a human constant, except the target has shifted from animal to fellow people.

I stumbled upon this post on Google and it is a prime example of this phenomena.

The 17 year old responsible for the Santa Fe shootings was allegedly already dating at the time of the massacre and his attempts to approach this other girl. This other girl rejected him in part because he formerly dated her best friend. There is absolutely 0 evidence linking him with the incel community.

Someone mentioned it didn't matter whether he was or was not an incel, because there had been multiple such shootings by people who were incels. I counted just two mass murder incidents over a number of years: Elliot Rodgers (who never called himself an incel or was connected with an online community but posted similar thoughts) and Alek Minassian (a copy cat killer). That is 2 amongst MANY mass murderers who were NOT incels!

Recently the FBI and Secret Service done studies on mass shooters, with both finding out they are not the loners they were portryed as by the media (the media mostly ignored these reports and almost completely ignored that it exonerated the killers as being profoundly isolated). The FBI report specifically found 43% were either married, divorced, living in marriage like relationships or widowed. Many more (an uncertain number) had been dating, including one name that frequently comes up in terms of 'incel' mass shooters, George Sodini (who also said he was sexually prolific in his earlier years).

Someone mentioned black people are never attributed as incels. Recently there was a black murderer who threw a boy off a balcony in a shopping mall. The story in the media was that he done so because he was rejected by women at that shopping centre. They cited a police officer, I don't believe providing quotations, of that account; that he was frustrated in his attempts to connect with women at the shopping centre, which may well have been paraphrased or rubbish. The only example given involves a situation where he was not attempting to find a mate with two women, but attempting to get those women to buy him a meal. It is not known if he was an involuntary celibate, and furthermore it is not known if he frequented any 'incel' communities.

People often cite these communities with supporting these mass murderers. For one thing, journalists are absolute cockroaches and I won't take what any of those shits say about anything without seeing it for myself. Secondly, who's to say these weren't troll posts, the kind that exists on EVERY online community on the web?.

The generalizations of this group prove what hypocrites liberals really are. Not everyone thinks the same. There are men who have women who abuse women, rape other women, and murder. Stop thinking you are in a group who is clear of any wrongdoing and shifting the blame all on another easy to scapegoat community, or worse a group of unlucky men who don't share the beliefs of this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.