• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Era doesn't do cardio; it's all about the gains bro.

www.resetera.com

I’m surprised some fitness types totally avoid cardio.

I’ve been lifting for a bit and in my lifting journey, I’ve come across folks that totally avoid cardio. They say it would kill their “gainz” and what not. I don’t get into it with them as people are rarely convinced of strong opinions are held. And the broscience behind that gains killing...

Mar 30, 2019
I can't because...I have...a mallardy...

duckface.jpg

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
My cousin briefly raised a pet duckling for a school project. My shoes at the time were the same colour as the plush toy that the duck had been convinced was its mother, so whenever I was in eyeshot I'd have a very cheerful duck running towards me.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
htrNW0O.png

This tweet claims that the duck ran a marathon yet I find this hard to believe!

When the Duck crosses the finish line the racing clock reads 18:26! The current Marathon world record for men is 2:01:39! Are we to believe this duck (and its trainer) just destroyed every Olympic athlete??

Furthermore, we can see the duck is running alongside young children. Are we to believe that these children run full marathons?

Instead, a quick google search of the long island marathon event reveals that there is a specific race targeted at children. HOWEVER, this race is only 1k long!

tR5XGFG.png

AFRYd1x.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, this duck did not run a marathon!

and yet still did more cardio than me

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
While I find the appeal of there being less of me in the universe via losing weight, the becoming healthier and potentially living longer bit of cardio and exercise comes off as a net negative to me.

Also, we are not discussing the ducks little shoes! So~o cute <3

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Ha ok that was pretty cute.
htrNW0O.png

When the Duck crosses the finish line the racing clock reads 18:26! The current Marathon world record for men is 2:01:39! Are we to believe this duck (and its trainer) just destroyed every Olympic athlete??

Furthermore, we can see the duck is running alongside young children. Are we to believe that these children run full marathons?

Instead, a quick google search of the long island marathon event reveals that there is a specific race targeted at children. HOWEVER, this race is only 1k long!

tR5XGFG.png

AFRYd1x.gif

lol

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
htrNW0O.png

tR5XGFG.png

AFRYd1x.gif

ace-attorney-hold-it.gif

The duck isn't even 2 and its age puts it in a range where it could still be labeled a child. Therefore it is appropriate to say the duck ran a marathon if we use the principle of mathematics on the statement.

Code:
Child duck                           duck

------------------------     =   ----------------

Child marathon                      marathon

36-PWanimation13.gif

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
ace-attorney-hold-it.gif

The duck isn't even 2 and its age puts it in a range where it could still be labeled a child. Therefore it is appropriate to say the duck ran a marathon if we use the principle of mathematics on the statement.

Code:

36-PWanimation13.gif
Hahaha

Now I want to play these games.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
htrNW0O.png

tR5XGFG.png

AFRYd1x.gif

Lol

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
ace-attorney-hold-it.gif

Code:

36-PWanimation13.gif

SZqm.gif

Though the duck would still be considered a child in human years, ducks reach sexual maturity at 4-5 months of age. The equivalent of a 16-17 year old human. The duck is at least a year and a half older than that. So the duck could be considered middle age at oldest and a young adult at youngest.

2465488e0310ecb21097b52aebcb4b68.gif

For that reason the duck would need to run a full adult marathon to qualify as "running a marathon."

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
SZqm.gif

Though the duck would still be considered a child in human years, ducks reach sexual maturity at 4-5 months of age. The equivalent of a 16-17 year old human. The duck is at least a year and a half older than that. So the duck could be considered middle age at oldest and a young adult at youngest.

For that reason the duck would need to run a full adult marathon to qualify as "running a marathon."

This is my favorite thread now

Oct 29, 2017
I've actually met that duck wandering down in san francisco, she's pretty cool. her name is Wrinkle and she's got an Instagram called Seducktive

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
SZqm.gif

3pgmp01ezq681.png

The step length of a duck is considerably shorter than a human's. We can estimate that a duck needs to take roughly 10 steps to cover the same distance we do on average. Therefore, we can x10 the distance covered by the duck in this marathon as well. I believe that very well covers the requirements for a full adult marathon? In other words...

5e6959efe3badfb4d280ebec0ee9324aeb25be32_hq.jpg

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
This is now the best thread lmao

Also I love ducks, and this ABSOLUTE CHAMPION is no exception. Adorable <3

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
3pgmp01ezq681.png

The step length of a duck is considerably shorter than a human's. We can estimate that a duck needs to take roughly 10 steps to cover the same distance we do on average. Therefore, we can x10 the distance covered by the duck in this marathon as well. I believe that very well covers the requirements for a full adult marathon? In other words...

5e6959efe3badfb4d280ebec0ee9324aeb25be32_hq.jpg

3-PWanimation6.gif

You're a sham edgeworth. By your own math.

Did you forget?

tR5XGFG.png

The full distance was only 1 kilometer!

A standard marathon is 42.195 kilometers. Meaning that even giving the duck a handicap of 1/10 the length of an adult human, the duck would need to run 4.2195 kilometers to reach an equivalent marathon.

The duck at best ran a duck 10k, which is more cardio than the average resetera poster, but not a marathon.