• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Of course Youtube recommendations is 8 years too late.

But this video changed my perception of Iron Mike, I grew up in the 90s thinking he was a brutal, violent man. My view of him 20 years later was the same, until I watched this 35 second video.

God Bless You Mike.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah he's a changed man. He's now a very humble, spiritual guy. He talked about this a little on Joe Rogan's show about acknowledging how terrible he used to be.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I thought he was a women beater and rapist, but then I saw the Hangover movie and realized what a great guy he is.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
He was a pretty terrible person in his early years, both because of his hard upbringing and the sudden accumulation of wealth & power, while being surrounded by terrible people. He made awful choices and did awful things. That said, it's very clear that he regrets almost everything about who he was, and he's certainly trying to live a better life as a better person. I'm not sure if he's ever made amends with those he hurt in the past, but he certainly isn't trying to hurt anyone now.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would I be obligated to forgive someone I don't personally know/wasn't impacted by?

If you don't know and weren't impacted by them what is there for you to forgive in the first place?

He's a convicted rapist on top of that. To claim Mike isnt a "brute" is ridiculous. Dude was a horrendous human being. No idea who he actually is now.
Good thing OP's whole point is Mike Tyson now versus 20 years ago. They are not claiminig this 30 second video absolved Tyson of his past or even changed OP's perception of Tyson's past. OP is saying that they realized maybe Tyson has changed since then

Last edited:

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Era is something else man. Can't we just have a normal thread without someone coming in here and shitting on it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We forgive you king" except for a rapist is some next level shit lol

Deleted member 11173

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility
Man you guys that are railing on the OP can fuck right off. It is okay to see some worth in any human being. People change, opinions change, there is a path to moral redemption.

Assholes.

It must be miserable to keep this rolodex of hate for your entire of life. People make mistakes, and can suck for a good portion of their lives and still turn out to be a better version of themselves with time and effort.

Last edited:

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Threads like this is why I laugh when the hypocrites on this forum call for changing prisons from punishment to rehabilitation.

It's such a farce. Same ppl ride that "A person can't change" shit.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Really perplexed how some people are extrapolating "I forgive him for all he's done in the past" from the premise "He seems like he's changed".

Am I reading a different OP from everyone else?

Dec 3, 2018
If Mike Tyson was in listening range = Oh yeah, he's reformed and so humble now

Safe in my home thousands of miles away from him = He's a convicted rapist

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
You're going to get shit on dude. Era does not forgive or forget.
I mean, you can't blame people for not wanting to forgive rape. It's good the dude has changed and is no longer a danger to anyone but still, you don't know any one individual's relationship to things like that and them having that judgement. The person may have been a victim of rape or they may know someone who was raped, you never know who is on the other side of the screen, so when people get upset about it being brought up please consider that.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Man you guys that are railing on the OP can fuck right off. It is okay to see some worth in any human being. People change, opinions change, there is a path to moral redemption.

Assholes.

It must be miserable to keep this rolodex of hate for your entire of life. People make mistakes, and can suck for a good portion of their lives.

Preach. Every fucking thread about someone with imperfections goes this way. Ridiculous.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine going into a thread talking about how great Mike Tyson is and being upset when someone points out that he's a convicted rapist.

OP
OP
RTX ON

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
His one man show is pretty damn amazing, he is a deeply introspective and reflective dude

Which is the reason I created the thread, I dont want to repeat what I said in the OP but this dude has changed. Its clear to see even in this short clip.

It was a humbling moment after 20+ years of pure hatred (hates a strong word but he is a convicted rapist) towards the guy ( he was my sporting idol growing up before he went "off the rails")

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
I'll say this... There is no way in hell I'd ever want to walk in his shoes.

And I doubt any of you would be able to survive that either.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
My perception of Mike Tyson really hasn't changed. He's a deeply troubled person taken advantage of by wealthy smarter people; who did horrible things, and may or may not have the emotional maturity to feel true regret for them. I suppose nobody's supposed to feel bad for violent aggressors, but part of me feels sad for Mike Tyson... THat's not excusing him for the women he beat up/raped or his victims, but recognizing that he was a troubled, probably mentally ill person who instead of being helped by wealthy powerful people, was exploited by wealthy, powerful people.

I don't really know if he's changed. I wouldn't be surprised if Tyson did something horrible or harmful again. At the same time, I wouldn't fault someone for feeling sympathy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.