• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was talked about earlier this morning from Bob Iger. We've heard rumors of another show but this seems to be the first official word of it.

So now we have The Mandalorian, Cassian Andor, and hopefully....

TangibleBareCopperbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Fans: You're making too many movies, we don't like how you're milking it so hard.

Disney: Ok we'll slow down on the...movies

*order 75 tv shows*

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
The Cassian Andor caught me by surprise as well. Needed to google him to remember who he is.

I like the direction of them doing different genres within the Star wars brand, a spy movie, a drama, etc.

Cautiously optimistic for this.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
whats with the cassian hate?

he is the first mexican star wars character so back off

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I just want one SW series that is set post or atleast apart from the main series that's about it's own crew with no real ties to the skywalkers or death star or any of the main story elements of the OT. Just it's own thing, set in the SW universe.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

Well....I guess, yeah, even if it's clearly based off Boba fett. And the Merc aspect of SW is one of the least interesting for me.

Basically, yeah, it technically fits what I asked for, but in one of the worst ways, so let me be more specific.

Give me a FORCE USER story separated from the OT.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
How many innocent people does he randomly murder at the beginning so we dislike him immediately?

One, to prevent the Rebellion from being given away by an untrustworthy person who was freaking out, drawing in troopers and couldn't escape.

For all of Rogue One's problems, Cassian protecting the Rebel Alliance through morally dubious acts isn't one of them. It's one of the more interesting moments in the film.

Oct 25, 2017
One, to prevent the Rebellion from being given away by an untrustworthy person who was freaking out, drawing in troopers and couldn't escape.

For all of Rogue One's problems, Cassian protecting the Rebel Alliance through morally dubious acts isn't one of them. It's one of the more interesting moments in the film.

and I hope the show shows more of that. Show the messed up stuff he did to obtain and protect information.

And I would LOVE for the 3rd show to be Kenobi, but part of me hopes it's a Qira and Maul crime syndicate thing. But we probably won't hear about this 3rd show for another couple of years.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I just had to Google the name to figure out who the character was lol.

I'm pretty neutral on a series about this, unless it actually goes dark like in the movie

Rogue One had some darker moments, but it felt like a veneer of darkness, especially by the end.

The series has the opportunity to actually delve into the morally grey areas of the original trilogy, rather than wear it as a surface level veneer.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I have four words for you Lucasfilm/Kathleen Kennedy: Tenel Ka - Warrior Princess. Make it happen.

OMG 4-LOM and IG-88 are in this, I am so excited. Please have Boba make at least a cameo in this.

Small bookkeeping note: that's not actually IG-88. It's a different droid of the same type.

Oct 29, 2017
Lmao I can't honestly believe their doing a show about Cassian. Dude isn't a very good actor if Rogue one and Narcos are anything to go by

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I have four words for you Lucasfilm/Kathleen Kennedy: Tenel Ka - Warrior Princess. Make it happen.

Small bookkeeping note: that's not actually IG-88. It's a different droid of the same type.
Dammit! I want them to have all the bounty hunters in this, like Bossk and Dengar as well. Weird that they would have a droid that looks like IG-88 but isnt him.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Is there going to be any non- Star Wars and Marvel content on Disney+?

Of course. It will have all or most of what's on their cable channels and I assume some exclusive series, movies etc. with those IPs and some new ones. They'll especially want a lot of content for younger children as they can make a killing from cord cutter parents who need to keep kids occupied.