• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Game looks fun and interesting as hell but it's dated as it's from 2007. Any recommended graphics or otherwise, mods out there?

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
I'd stay keep to the basics like upgraded graphics. Don't want any mods that change the game too much as its best going in fairly vanilla, until you finish your first playthrough.

Here are my recommendations!

For Shadow of Chernobyl:
  • Zone Reclamation Project
  • Absolute Nature
  • Absolute Structure
  • Shaders Max
  • Stalker Weather Overhauled 3.1 (or whatever the new version is)
For Clear Sky:
  • Sky Reclamation Project
  • AtmosFear
  • Absolute Nature
  • Absolute Structures
  • Pistol Iron Sights (by Karstux)
Call of Pripyat:
  • AtmosFear 3
  • Absolute Nature 2
  • Absolute Structures
  • Stalker Call of Pripyat Iron Sight Fix 1.1 (or whatever the newest one is).
These are all the mods I used for a fairly vanilla experience of all the three games, some of these mods might have been updated or merged into one but check these out!

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
Stalker Anomaly is all three games rolled into one giant mess, plus the Misery survival stuff, plus some more stuff.

But modding requires digging to find patches and whatnot, there's always something screwy or badly tuned. Still, Anomaly is the big deal. It's where the game goes to deliver everything it can.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Misery mod. Jump right in, you'll love it!

Don't. Seriously. Not as someone fresh to STALKER.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Autumn Aurora for Shadow of Chernobyl

It's "harder" than vanilla, but not unbalanced. Until something better comes along, I'll consider it the complete package.

Also, stealth works. The only other mod that came close to fixing it was LURK, 7 or 8 years ago.