• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's not one of those games that's full of anime cliches, is it? Is it cutscene heavy or does it have a lot of lore?

I'm also concerned because it's such a long running series; would I be able to jump straight in or should I start at the beginning?

Hibiki

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly man, it's more anime than anime and it's serial as fuck. If you can't handle that, steer clear.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
You can't really understand Tetris if you don't know a lot about the USA and URSS relationship during the Cold War.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
tbh just skip to tetris effect, the other games' stories are long and boring. just watch the cutscenes on youtube.

inb4 "real fans" tell you you NEED to play them all: don't listen to them they're out of their minds

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
There are very few story linked Tetris games, thankfully. You'll have some throwback moments you might not fully understand, but each is its own individual timeline.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's pretty confusing at the start, but all the plot threads line up by the end.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
The newest game is an epilogue to wrap up the stories for the characters from the last six games.

Definitely don't start with that.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Tetris is not story driven and any attempt to add a story is futile and lazy of the developer.

Just go to Mathisfun to start playing Tetris.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
Watch out for Puyo's.

OCV1DVZ.png

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
If you're not gonna play through every Tetris game out there (there are a TON of them and some are super rare and hard to find now), then you're better off watching this video that covers everything about the series and just jump into the latest one.

Dec 14, 2017
The story is just slightly better than death stranding and just slightly worse than kingdom hearts, so take that as you will op

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the tetris effect went to some crazy places. in some ways it is a retelling of the creation of the universe.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a similar situation. I bought every single game in this series, but I don't know if I should play it. Are there any games I should skip?

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the plot doesn't pick up until the hatris arc

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just stick with the mainline series, it's the only versions that are cannon.

Stuff like Tetrisphere is just derivative and too esoteric for it's own good.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
If you're not gonna play through every Tetris game out there (there are a TON of them and some are super rare and hard to find now), then you're better off watching this video that covers everything about the series and just jump into the latest one.

I haven't watched that yet, gonna throw it on now. But you reminded me of one of my favorite vids:

Also I see weekend era is escalating with the quarantine.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty convoluted at first, but once all of the different pieces come together, any issues you may have will disappear.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We'll find out in Tetris movie.
www.imdb.com

Untitled Tetris Sci-fi Project | Sci-Fi

Untitled Tetris Sci-fi Project: In the future, year 30XX, mankind has finally reached the ability to travel at light speed using block-like spaceships called Tetroids. Deep in the universe lies the question to human existence-- could the Tetroids be the answer?