• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I think the guy one looks much better. But I'm not really a fashion type of person, so take that into consideration.

Oct 28, 2017

anigif_enhanced-134948zjha.gif

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017

That said, holy shit, is it common to buy 400$+ coats ? That sounds like a lot but I don't know anything about the US cost of living

It is somewhat common if you live in an area that gets cold enough to warrant a parka. I see lots of people on public transit wearing North Face or Canada Goose, and they are similarly expensive.

There are definitely cheaper alternatives, but it's the type of thing that you get so much use out of that you can justify going higher end.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so funny how Era can get so insecure at times. "Oooh he's wearing *girl* clothes!"

Anyway, looking over the sizing it seems like it's pretty roomy at the bust and tight at the waist, so you have a choice between the top bit fitting just right with a tight waist, or the top bit being loose and the coat sitting comfortably at your waist. If the company's good for try-ons, I don't see the harm in giving it a go.

Also, nobody pays attention to buttons.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I have a few womens sweaters because I look good in them and theyre comfy.

Depends on your body type.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bro, there are differences in the way men and women's clothes are cut. Knowing the OPs sex is an important detail, one that they did not include.

I mean you could infer from context clues as well as his profile that he's male, but sure, let's give you the benefit of the doubt assume that you missed all that and decided to ask whether the OP is a woman because you cared about sizing and fit (but decided not to discuss it) and not really to give him shit.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I mean you could infer from context clues as well as his profile that he's male, but sure, let's give you the benefit of the doubt assume that you missed all that and decided to ask whether the OP is a woman because you cared about sizing and fit (but decided not to discuss it) and not really to give him shit.
Seriously, wtf are you going on about? lol

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
If he can afford a $400 coat then he should be able to afford to take to a tailor and have to cut to fit a man's propositions. If that's what he wants.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Off topic, but why are our buttons on the left? We are mostly right handed just like men. /grumble
It goes back to the old days where men typically dressed themselves and women had someone dress them - thus for the latter, the buttons would be on the right hand side for the person dressing them.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you know the differences first. Size is a major thing when they cut men's or women's clothing. Try it on first?

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
That said, holy shit, is it common to buy 400$+ coats ? That sounds like a lot but I don't know anything about the US cost of living

In Canada and northern parts of US, you need a coat to function. It can get very cold like -20 Celsius is like an average winter and worst part is the wind chills that can go as low as -40. You need to have wind proof apparels.

$400 is like a entry level midrange coat for the brands like TNF and similar quality which are ok and will definitely keep you warm but they are not that great and they often go on sale for less. Higher end brands like Canada Goose, Arc'teryx and similar are all like $1000+ and never go on sale. It's a necessity of life living in these parts of the world. A coat is just a part of the whole thing, you need base layer, long underwears, water proof boots, possibly wool socks, good hats and gloves etc. It's a lot of money but you buy it like every a few years so it makes sense to buy something high quality. Like Canada goose jackets probably last forever. Compared with a smartphone, it's a lot better when you think about it. You have to wear it like 6mo every year.

Aomame

Oct 27, 2017
How tall are you, OP? The cost you linked goes in at the waist then flairs out. It might be an awkward proportion on you, especially if you're taller than the average woman.

Oct 28, 2017

I suspect you didnt even read the thread before posting but i honestly dont feel the need to defend my clearly inoffensive post to you. Peace.