• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kingasta

Avenger
Jan 4, 2018
Just got back to playing the game after years and finally unlocked the Plat, what a crazy coincidence :D

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Miyazaki's view on it in a recent interview.

Sony would have to sign off on it as well. "You'd have to see what they're thinking about it.

If a remaster were on the table, Miyazaki says he wouldn't necessarily be opposed to having another studio work on it, as long as it were the right one. "If it was a studio that really loved the original work and really put their heart and soul into realizing it again, then that's something I would enjoy," he tells us."

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01/22/from-software-on-the-possibility-of-a-demons-souls-remaster

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully not.

We already have Dark Souls Trilogy and Bloodborne. Games like Puppeteer or Ratchet Future should be higher priority.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And thus the click-baiting begins...

Though I'd buy a remaster day one. I've been replaying DeS and it still holds up immensely well.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am absolutely ready to backstab the hell out of that dual-katana black phantom skeleton again. Pure bladestone, here I come!

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
The real question is how many of you would be okay with them actually changing stuff? Like do you want item load to still be a thing or should they remove it? What about world tendency and broken pvp stuff like scraping spear and the cloud spell that breaks armor? lol Demon's was and may well remain the wild west of online Souls games.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
PS5 LAUNCH DAY BABY

3nKBDxB.png

DTVac1aWAAAuhje.png

This is what I was thinking as well. Played the Game within the last year while the servers were shutting down, and i found it pretty fascinating to see what spawned all of the great games. Honestly much hasn't really changed compared to the other titles in my opinion. I'd love to replay this remade though.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
The real question is how many of you would be okay with them actually changing stuff? Like do you want item load to still be a thing or should they remove it? What about world tendency and broken pvp stuff like scraping spear and the cloud spell that breaks armor? lol Demon's was and may well remain the wild west of online Souls games.

Get rid of item burden and let us roll through the 5-2 muck. Any other changes are whatever.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I'm waiting on Jason's follow up post where he clarifies he was just making an educated guess and not to be taken as a leak. Any minute now... :P

For real, I think this makes so much sense to have it as a launch PS5 title.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming the rumor of a three-game contract was true (I think this is unconfirmed) and Demon's Souls was part of it, I guess probably. I don't really know anything about that. But in any case it doesn't mean they can't make any more games together.

I loved the game, but reviews were mixed. It got a lot of high scores and a lot of very low scores. It's nothing like Souls games, though. It's a first-person adventure game with no combat.
If there is a three game deal, Demon's Souls is not part of it. It started with Bloodborne.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
A game so difficult, even the main character is committing sudoku on the cover art.

Such a great autocorrect!

I'd buy a remaster in a heartbeat, but an actual follow up would be even sweeter. My PS3 is still hooked up, and the game has aged well enough to still be worth playing as is. Great for everybody without a PS3 though.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
How on earth is a remake any more "pointless" than a remaster?
Either they got the got remake and remaster backwards there, or are concerned that a studio other than From wouldn't do Demon's Souls justice if it were to be remade.

If we do get another version of the game i'm just hoping it gets tweaked a little, specifically the weapon crafting, world tendency, and some of the bosses touched up (they are very inconsistent, in quality and difficulty).

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
How on earth is a remake any more "pointless" than a remaster?

A remaster can take a classic game and put it on a current platform with some QoL fixes

A remake from the ground up that replicates the original game with shinier graphics is a waste of time, more so when the original game is barely a decade old

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017

Leave my Scraping Spear. That was always my invader deterrent / payback.

In fact, I was just watching a playthrough this weekend, when a YouTuber gear got allll broken up.

I was rollin' because they didn't know wtf happened. When their dragon sword broke first, the reaction was like "Oh that sucks. Bad timing". But when the rest of their armor all broke seemingly at the same time a few moments later, that reaction was like "What the- WTF???!?? NOOOOO!!"

Bruh, it was frickin' hilarious.