• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
kelloggs-smorz-cold-cereal-10-2-oz-box

If I had control of the TV we'd be on early 2000's Nick or CN. If my sister woke up first we'd be on Disney Channel.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I was up before the stations were even broadcasting.
Then it was Barbapapa with Rice Crispies.

I was big into The Smurf's also.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Kelloggs-Frosted-Flakes-Cereal-038000596551.jpg

GandF.gif

Had to get up when it was still dark in the winter to watch Garfield. And I think Muppet Babies came on for like an hour and a half afterwards? The internet tells me that that didn't happen but we were in CST and maybe Milwaukee was different?

uniform

Oct 27, 2017
Saturday morning was probably something like The Littles, Wuzzles, Muppet Babies. My favorite breakfast at that time were the Monster cereals, so I was having either Boo Berry, Chocula, or Franken Berry.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Saturday was mostly Fox, Nick, and later WB for me. Xmen/Power Rangers on Fox, NickToons (Doug, Rugrats, Rocko) on Nick, and Animaniacs/Superman/Freakazoid on WB.

A lot of other shows mentioned were on the weekday before school for my time. That was a lot of Sailor Moon (thanks for the anime exposure Dic), Garfield, Pizza Cats, etc.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having my innocence shattered and my mind blown watching fully uncensored Eva-01 goring the fuck out of Eva-03 aka Bardiel, and probably too awestruck to eat my cereal. We're talking like 7 or 8 in the morning.

I've obviously watched more stuff, but that stuck with me very vividly. I thought it was mind-blowing at the time. Now my mind is blown, but because back home simply because it looked like cartoons, it was assumed it was automatically aimed at kids. Maybe it was the same everywhere else.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It was usually a mix because the segment that was on in the morning only played a series for a week or so then it would jump to another, so pretty much all of these:

- Pokemon indigo
- DBZ
- DB
- Rugrats
- The Wild Thornberrys
- Arthur
- Hey Arnold!
- TMNT
- Spiderman (the meme one)
- Spongebob
- Dexter's Laboratory
- Samurai Jack
- Cat Dog
- Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Yu-gi-oh
- Digimon Adventure
- Inspector Gadget
- Jackie Chan Adventures
- Naruto
- Rocket Power
- One Piece
- Captain Planet

There's probably some important ones that I missed but that's all I remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Depending on the years?

TMNT and Bobbys World

or

Power Rangers & X-Men

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I don't know if it was always on Saturday mornings, but I remember watching:

TMNT
Darkwing Duck
Inspector Gadget
DuckTales
Garfield and Friends
The Real Ghost Busters
The Transformers
Muppet Babies
GI Joe
The Jetsons
Tiny Toons
The Animaniacs
Looney Toons/Merrie Melodies
Tons of older stuff like the Flintstones too, had no idea it was from as far back as the 60s.
Most WB Animation and every other channel from the 80s to 90s
(this could be a really long list, 😆 )

..and eating:

Honey Smacks
Cinnamon Mini Buns
Corn Pops
Berry Berry Kix
Waffle Crisp
French Toast Crunch
Dunk-A-Balls
Rice Krispies
Cookie Crisp
(could also be a long list)

Last edited:

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Cinnamon Toast Crunch, always.

Probably Pokemon or Yu Gi Oh. Those were the first shows I remember actively trying to catch every new episode each week when I was around 9-10.

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
Cinnamon Toast Crunch

watching Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Pinky & The Brain.90's WB animation was the best

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Garfield and Friends, Bobby's World...

Has WHERE'S WALDO gotten mentioned yet? Great theme song:

Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Jackie Chan Adventures, X-Men Evolution, Batman Beyond...
Pokemon of course.
Doug, Recess, Pepper Ann...

I have 3 younger siblings so Saturday Morning cartoons were a thing for the entire 90s for me.

For cereal, it changed a lot, but this thread has me nostalgic for Kix/Berry Berry Kix.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I was flipping between the various channels, but my Saturday morning watching usually consisted of

Pee-Wee's Playhouse
Gummi Bears
A Pup Named Scooby Doo
Flintstone Kids
He-Man
GI Joe
Thundercats
Voltron
Comic Strip
X-Men (when it was on weekends)
Garfield and Friends
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Littles
The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show (and the other Looney Tunes varient shows they'd air on Saturday mornings)
Muppet Babies
Duck Tales
The Super Mario Bros. Super Show
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

And a ton of others I can't think of at the moment. I grew up in the 80's, so I pretty much watched every cartoon that was on tv that Saturday. There was no shortage of cartoons to watch, just limited time, and lots of channels to flip back and forth between.

I was usually eating cereal of some kind, like Fruity Pebbles, Cap'N Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, ir their discount store version since we were poor. Or Pop Tarts. Then I'd cap it off with WWF Wrestling around noon, and go outside to play with my friends.

Saturday Morning cartoons were great. Such nostalgia...

This video brings me back. I watched most of these:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3qLvWgqvbpshttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V6keSPpuPYU

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Despite being born in the 90s, I don't consider myself a 90s kid. My morning slate started at 8 (since the 7:00 cartoons were pretty lame) and I switched over between Fox Kids, Kids WB and ABC Kids. I sometimes watch Nick on CBS and Discovery Kids on certain shows. My morning lasted from 7 all the way to 2:00 where we watched TBN's Bibleman and Greatest Heroes and Legends of the Bible (only because it was the only cartoon showing after 1).

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not watching cartoons, watching ultraviolent territorial pro wrestling instead- I got like 4-5 hours of it every Saturday morning as a kid instead.

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
Tearing up the roof of my mouth by eating Captain crunch w/ Crunchberries while watching duck tales, rescue rangers and tailspin.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'm eating Cheerios because my parents wouldn't allow anything sugary.

I'm watching network TV because my parents wouldn't get cable.

It's very possible that I'm out doing yardwork instead of watching cartoons.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
It's been so long I can't even remember which cartoons were in the afternoons or on Saturday. I know I was big into:

-Thundercats
-Silverhawks
-GI Joe (I remember the earlier series and then when it started to get more campy than it already started out as, when Cobra Commander had that weird armored suit and there was a Cobra guy with mini missile launchers on his back and limbs)
-Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future (not a cartoon really, but basically lumped in with them by the networks)
-Voltron
-TMNT
-Muppet Babies

I was still watching cartoons in the mid 90s in my early teens, and from what I recall:

-Spider-Man
-X-Men (THIS is the show that got me into comics for several years, and quite possibly into drawing)
-Exosquad (reasonably sure this was a weekday show actually)

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Capn Crunch with pink milk from my shredded roof of my mouth wearing Spidey underroos watching Kidd Video.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching wrestling on Saturday morning or shit like family double dare or wild n crazy kids. Or I'm going outside to play.

I actually never really watched those Saturday cartoons that were made to sell toys. Probably because if I wanted to watch cartoons I flipped to Nick or Cartoon Network. Since they played cartoons all day, Saturday mornings held no special interest in my mind.

But back to my earliest memories, I was a Cocoa Pebbles or Frosted Flakes kind of kid.

Became Cinnamon Toast Crunch or bust around middle school.

Last edited:

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Fillmore
Rugrats
Batman Beyond
Static Shock
Pokemon

With Captain Crunch

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
TMNT, Sonic cartoons, Batman: The Animated Series, X-Men, Spider-Man, Chip 'n Dale, Earthworm Jim, ReBoot, Beast Wars, Rugrats, TaleSpin, Gargoyles and so on and so forth.

Nesquik cereal. The breakfast of champions.

God cartoons were awesome in the 90s.