• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Grabbed Arkham Knight on PS+ and boy, I'm not enjoying the bat mobile. It's the one thing that has kept me from fully enjoying this game. I hope it is excluded in the next title.
I like the combat and the side missions structure. I would like more of that. Naturally.

How about you?

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Batmobile is sticking around from the sounds of things. Doesn't make much sense for them to just scrap it, either.

Just leave out the tank BS. Which surely they will.

Oct 25, 2017
The ability to change skins without going out to main menu, Spider-Man spoiled me there.

Also, explorable Batcave and Wayne Manor.

Batcycle.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The next game should be all tanks, all the time.

You fight crime in tanks.

You do business as Bruce Wayne in tanks.

The main enemy is Tank Abbott.

Even the sales tank.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still want the batmobile but not the tank mission shit. Doing stealth missions with a tank was so dumb. Just have it to drive around and shoot things or disable enemies. Like it's supposed to.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The next game should be all tanks, all the time.

You fight crime in tanks.
We have that game, it's called "Arkham Knight".

More seriously though, I started out playing the game thinking "Man, what is wrong with everyone? This Batmobile is awesome and so much fun" to being completely sick of its inclusion by the end. So I don't want it gone completely but they really need to tone it down.

Mind you looking back at a couple of my favourite games this year - Control and RE2make - it'd be kind of cool to see the game go back to basics and be set entirely or at least mostly in one location/building, go hard on the Metroidvania and just really flesh out a location and give it character.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Arkham Knight on PS+ and boy, I'm not enjoying the bat mobile. It's the one thing that has kept me from fully enjoying this game. I hope it is excluded in the next title.
I like the combat and the side missions structure. I would like more of that. Naturally.

How about you?
Theres a setting you can toggle on that will make the Bat Mobile a bit easier to deal with, forget what it is atm though. I think its where you make the triggers the gas/break, but I could be wrong.

I do want them to improve the Bat Mobile, or have some other sort of vehicle like a motorcycle or the Bat-Wing to fly around in.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
No batmobile combat. Driving around in AK was fun, but the combat/stealth missions were not. I'd also keep the batmobile puzzles in, but scale back on the amount. Too many puzzles in AK were batmobile-centric.

Also, more Harley Quinn. She's quite possibly my favorite DC character, and Tara Strong always does a fantastic job.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
The Batmobile was spectacular in Arkham Knight so I definitely want to use that again, or some other vehicular alternative to get around the city. More Bruce Wayne, and more Batfamily gameplay/interactions wouldn't hurt. Another thing I would really like is a fully realized Batcave on the level of the comics:

4086874213285f436671c79b48ae781b.jpg

Origins was a decent first attempt, but unfortunately Rocksteady didn't follow up with it in Arkham Knight.

latest

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Do want: Batman actually doing detective shit, deeper combat that doesn't rely on comboing literally dozens of goons, more stealth sections where you can't just swoop around the rafters, WB Montreal art design, more confined area or just a smaller open world.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Batmobile controlled great, but they forced us into so many missions with it. If it comes back it should just be for traversal and some puzzles, that's it.

Jul 26, 2018
I really don't understand the hate behind the tank combat. I absolutely loved it. Maybe it's because i'm a Battlefield player and always used tanks. I thought the tank combat was one of the best additions to the game. It also gives me the vibes of the Batmobile vibes from the dark Knight series too.

I also LOVED the Ridder Trophies too. Get to explore the entire map, finding easter eggs, seeing nee characters, etc. I was one of the few that collected ALL trophies in Arkham Knight to see the final ending and it was worth it haha.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Less Batmobile, less Joker and Joker-adjacent characters (yes, this includes Harley), more of Batman's supporting cast actually being useful and not just chumps who get their asses kicked so Batman can be a cool dude.

Also I want a Calendar Man sidequest.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Make the Batmobile sections limited setpieces through the story, and especially look at Spider-Man's combat and do that. Playing AK after Spider-Man made AK seem so dated in comparison.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
A much more agile Batman.

I loved all the Arkham games, but my only peeve was how tank'ish Batman felt in all of them, not during combat or gliding, but maneuverability on the ground. I'd like to see a dedicated jump button, smoother navigation through the environment (perhaps parkour ala Assassin's Creed, Infamous or Watch Dogs), more intuitive grappling hook to get around Gotham, just smoother movement all around.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
An actual understanding of what the Batman fantasy is, and not just sitting on gargoyles over empty streets, or Bruce Wayne existing for 6 seconds at the beginning and end of the game with nothing in between.

The Telltale Games have a greater grasp of Batman as a character vs. Kevin Conroy being given hollow voice direction and a bunch of toys on his belt.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Want:
- Interior locations you return to and traverse using acquired gadgets.
- The Nemesis system for the various gangs.
- A photogrammetry pipeline like Injustice 2 / MK11 / Resident Evil 2.

Dont want:
- The Joker.
- Vehicular combat.
- Scale where it doesn't help.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I don't want tank combat but I do want chases.

Bring back boss fights and respect the legacy, don't do stupid stuff if you run out of budget like what they did to Deathstroke in Knight just because they wanted it in (that's the only explanation I can think of).

The empty city is getting old but I don't know how can you be Batman and walking on the street greeting citizens and make it work.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Want
A situation where he need to call in the family.
Cool Red Hood, not the edgy one.

Don't want
Batman being the only playable character.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I want him to walk like a human without a pole shoved up his ass, feeling like a weird-ass mish-mash of proper 3rd person controls and tank controls.

Have him control like Sekiro.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
- Better story

- No Joker

- Less meaningless side quests

- Less combat

- More exploration

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
More life in Gotham, no more "city of criminals only." I want to see Gotham in full swing.

Also would love a fully explorable Wayne Manor too, like the mansion in the old Tomb Raider games.

Also Batmobile should come back, with more expanded mechanics. It felt sooooo good to drive, they just leaned a little too hard on it Arkham Knight. No more car bosses, it should strictly be for getting around and chasing down rival vehicles.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the raw action-packed gameplay of the Batmobile. The races, the chases, the tank fights. I even got 100% trophies in Arkham Knight, which entailed doing a lot of races with all of the various Batmobiles. Had fun. Won't mind if they bring it back.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I definitely want more investigating.

I actually liked the Riddler trophies more in AA, as they were all riddles and lining up the question marks. I don't like the ones that require extensive use of gadgets for some reason.

More weird stuff like the Scarecrow and Mad Hatter segments.

Meatier DLC. The Season pass was $40 and I think it was maybe 3 hours of content total in AK?

I did not enjoy the stealth tank segments, or the Batmobile racing away from things in AK.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Keep the batmobile but tone it down. Do Batman Beyond since the traditional Gotham has been perfected in City and Knight. Have Wayne Manor like an explorable Hub. Bosses with multi stages like Mr Freeze or Ras Al Ghul.

Oct 25, 2017
If I could pick one thing to leave out it's the Riddler and his trophies
and please don't just replace them with something similar Rocksteady

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Good boss fights. It's hilarious how Arkham Origins nailed completely nailed it with the villain fights only for Arkham Knight to absolutely drop the ball.

I'm fine with the Bat Tank sticking around, there just needs to be less of it.