• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I like when a game remembers specific dialogue choices I made earlier, but irl when that happens it's usually done at my expense in some way, or it's someone asking about some ongoing hardship I don't want to be reminded of.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Climbing through vents. I haven't actually tried it in real life but I know my claustrophobia wouldn't be cool with it.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
exploring

survival

violence

being in a commited relationship

having a pet (always play pet classes when available, i don't want pets irl)

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
User banned (permanent): Misogynistic trolling. Previously banned for the same thing.
Girls

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
Talking to every person in games gives you fun side quests and loot and exp and shit. In real life it just gives you anxiety and pointless small talk about the weather or whatever.

Jan 10, 2018
A couple of things:

• Fishing: I find this extremely stressful in real life and I hate it when I have to feel the fish in and then grab it with my hands. In games I find it relaxing and quite addicting.

• Fashion: I like to buy good looking clothes from time to time but I don't like to engage too much with ongoing trends. In games however I go completely bananas with my wardrobe and I like to be the best looking player in the room.

• Racing: I don't have a drivers license in real life because I'm scared of going into real traffic. But in games it's like my most played genre, I even have an expensive wheel setup.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
I love racing games but am a super nervous driver in real life.

Also, it's not really that I dislike it, but having tried out rock climbing in real life recently really made me realise how ridiculously difficult it is to pull of various climbing maneuvers in Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider, Uncharted etc. must actually be lol. Pulling yourself up a ledge with even a little bit of an overhang is tough as hell if you don't have experience.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I've got something in reverse, I love swimming irl but hate swimming in games.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Talking to every person in games gives you fun side quests and loot and exp and shit. In real life it just gives you anxiety and pointless small talk about the weather or whatever.
Lmao this was my pick. Definitely talking. I looooove social links in Persona. I hate socializing irl unless we're already friends.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Shooting enemies with guns.
Slashing enemies with swords
Kicking enemies off cliffs/impaling them on spikes
Punching innocent civilians, every so often
Driving into oncoming traffic

Kizuna

Oct 27, 2017
Summer.

I love summer in video games. Many of my favorite settings like in Super Mario Sunshine are tropical, nothing beats the sun, sea and palm trees for me.

IRL I absolutely can't stand heat, hate the feeling of the sand and prefer swimming in an indoors pool.

LoadRunner

Sep 19, 2020
Running
Jumping off cliffs
Killing Spiders
Exhausting a friends dialogue tree
Flying
Going into deep water in the ocean

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Let me just say that the amount of times I have wished that real life gardening was like Animal Crossing gardening is greater than zero.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Shenmue, awkward conversations with strangers on the street, amusing and entertaining in a game.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Platforming. I learned as a kid that jumping isn't as cool as Mario makes it look