• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Definitely shit tickets. I got given a bunch by my new job (moved country for the job so they gave me lots of household goods as a welcome) and I've still got toilet paper on the rolls. I don't really use the toilet at home though, mostly at work, so that'll explain it.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know the English word, but dishwashing liquid. If you buy a decent brand one, you only need a tiny drop to do a shitload of dishes. One bottle usually lasts me a couple of months. For like five bucks. It's gotta be one of the highest value products you can get.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I never seem to use up all my damn milk before it starts smelling funky

I've even reduced from gallon to quart and I still gotta drain like 10 oz of milk

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The Apple TV remote never runs out of battery. There must be a mini reactor in that thing because I've charged it once in 3 years.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely shit tickets. I got given a bunch by my new job (moved country for the job so they gave me lots of household goods as a welcome) and I've still got toilet paper on the rolls. I don't really use the toilet at home though, mostly at work, so that'll explain it.

Shit ticket??? I've never heard that before 😂

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I've had the same roll of paper towels in my bathroom for five years and it actively gets used.

Also any mediocre pasta sauce seems to take way more tries to be rid of than any good pasta sauce.

Dryer sheets. I've lived here for 5.5 years and I'm on my 2nd box.

This too.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
You must not eat much peanut butter then, my husband and I can easily use a jar in a week or 2.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
angostura bitters.

i have no idea how this company stays in business, it's one of the most essential cocktail ingredients in existence but i've bought maybe three bottles in the last decade
Yes! I honestly threw out my old bottle because the cap was cracked and they evaporated down and became hyper concentrated and way too strong tasting. I've made countless cocktails with the new bottle and I'm still at the shoulder lol

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
People saying toilet paper that don't also own bidets is a little concerning. I go through a roll every 1-2 months and my wife is faster than that.

The poop when you wipe.

But this is very true

The worst is when it hurts to wipe because I've wiped so much on those multi-poop days.

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
I always lose them before I use all of them.

for years I wondered if I'd ever end up seeing that fabled end-of-chapstick.

Finally got there the other day — turns out you CAN'T use all of it. At least in my case, there was still a centimeter's length in there after the mechanism was pushed all the way up, so there was a no way to use all of it without scooping it out like a filthy madman

What a letdown lol

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Small shaker of cumin. I habitually check to see if it's past expiration, but nope. Also, awkward dance moves.

Some spices are a good one but it might be from lack of use. I use a lot of garlic powder/salt, rosemary, thyme, pepper flakes, salt and pepper, dill, and sage. Salt, pepper, and pepper flakes can go on nearly everything though.

But I can't remember the last time I've used nutmeg in something. Or lemon peel, cumin, or paprika.

Mar 30, 2019
Some spices are a good one but it might be from lack of use. I use a lot of garlic powder/salt, rosemary, thyme, pepper flakes, salt and pepper, dill, and sage. Salt, pepper, and pepper flakes can go on nearly everything though.

But I can't remember the last time I've used nutmeg in something. Or lemon peel, cumin, or paprika.
You just reminded me I have a bottomless nutmeg as well lol. I think I'll put that in my daily tea from now on.

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I've been using the same 200 ml can of shaving cream for almost 20 years. Shave once a week. It still gives me giant pillows of cream every time which doesn't seem right from the perspective of natural science.

Oct 30, 2017
Yes! I honestly threw out my old bottle because the cap was cracked and they evaporated down and became hyper concentrated and way too strong tasting. I've made countless cocktails with the new bottle and I'm still at the shoulder lol

yeah i don't think i've ever actually got to the end of a bottle, i've always just bought a new one whenever i've moved apartments ha

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I feel like the opposite is much worse

You have a bottle that still has a bunch of product in it, but you can't get it to come out the pump/nozzle/whathaveyou

So you're like violently shaking the damn thing, trying to balance it upside down, etc

Putting in so much effort just to use that last bit

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, of course, my tooth picks are also very neat and tidy and I was of course speaking hypothetically and I don't even own a junk drawer !! Haha ha ha 😢

I have multiple junk drawers. I'm a hoarder to a degree and have drawers filled with junk, so I feel your pain. For whatever reason, my tooth picks have been spared from being washed away from the sea of junk.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Another vote for salt. I don't use much but I have a box that has lasted decades.