• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I want some smart AI. I feel like the solution to make any game harder is either give the enemy more health, or just add more of them. I would rather have one smart, challenging ai that really made use of the games tools.

I would really like to play a stealth game where it feels like I have to outsmart the enemies by hiding in the shadows and setting traps. Not just hiding for a minute until my threat meter goes down.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I want every OS to be customizable like the 3DS. The PS4 is hideous and oddly laid out. Haven't used the Xbox so cant say.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Do you have a point? What I want is pro-consumer. What you're describing is anti-consumer.

This thread is a wishlist for other changes going forward.
I don't know if you're serious but that's a pretty clear point to me. Effects of dlc's tied to the main game will also rain down as indirect benefits to the consumer. There's rarely such black and white pro-/anti-consumer options available like you're suggesting, and this isn't one of them.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
How goddamn slow it is opening up the PS4 share interface just so I can save a video.

And also make the PS4 "screenshot" noise happen the second I take a screenshot, not (sometimes literally) 10 seconds later!!!!!!!

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Use the quick suspend to let us queue for matches in several multiplayer games at once while playing something else.

WastedDeer

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: platform wars
Xbox already allows developers to split their game. Only a couple do it. Maybe that's why you can't see many people talk about it. Halo MCC has it for example with each games mp and sp.

To the people saying Cerny announced it. Sure he did. PlayStation have been stealing console features for years.

edit as don't want to shy away from my words - copy is better than steal I would saying

BKLorenzo

Banned
Mar 17, 2020
User Banned (3 Days): Platform warring; member in junior phase
For sure Xbox has followed many great playstation features/innovations recently:
- Remote play
- Share play
- Cross buy
- Share button
- Games with...plus
- mic jack on the controller
- Intermediate generation hardware upgrade
- And now cloud gaming

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
at least sony already announced something like this
Let me only download the shit I intend to use.

I don't need or want the foreign languages. Depending on the game, I may not want the cut scenes either.
What's funny about this one is that this feature was announced by both Sony and Microsoft at the start of current gen and just like never got used. I think I've only ever seen it on Crackdown 3 and Killzone Shadowfall
Microsoft are 100% doing this too.

Can't remember when but they announced something like this years ago iirc and if it wasn't years ago it was semi recent
Microsoft already have all of this in place. They call it Intelligent Delivery, but it's been underutilized. The best example right now is Master Chief Collection. Download whichever game you want and nothing else. You don't need the language packs you don't need. Don't want multiplayer? Fine. Here's to hoping devs support this better next gen (but it would require them to actually know how their games are built and stored XD

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
agreed with the "let me install/delete online multiplayer data separately" thing. Would be great to keep the Switch's patches for Doom 2016 without needing to have the big 8 GB multiplayer mode patch installed.

Oct 25, 2017
It's certainly not a neglected topic, but maybe less popular than graphical conversation:
This gen really suffered in the UI department. I think especially on xbox. Responsiveness was at an all time low. Xbox literally relies on the internet for large chunks of its UI and PS4 starts stuttering if you do anything beyond the basic functions.
Oddly enough Switch of all consoles, for as limited as the UI is, really showed the others how to do it. I have never had a problem on switch navigating menus, taking media captures, and then viewing those media captures. Snappy all around. Less is more if it means you can get it right. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
To this day viewing captured media on xbox feels more like a janky workaround than an intended function. The interface chugs and it literally tries to stream you your media off the internet before just playing it off your hard drive. Finding and navigating the full gallery is like navigating a maze through molasses.
Then again the console didn't even launch with that function and didn't receive it until a year and a half after launch, so I suppose it actually is more of a tacked on afterthought than an intended feature. I sure hope they've figured that shit out for their next hardware release. I am so ready to leave the X1 behind.

Full bluetooth headset support would be great. And while there may be privacy concerns, I think built in controller mics are a great idea too. I think Ps5 is doing that iirc, it would be neat if others followed. No need for extra headsets, everybody can chat if they want to.

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
A large amount of filters on the store to choose what you want to view.

Hide download only games, show only release date of 2021, action genre only, between $19 and $34 and only show discounts.

That sort of thing would be great, especially with saved searches.

I saw someone explain it better in a previous thread, but have folders, but also set your own tags. So you can have a "folder" with games marked as -multiplayer- but one game in it can also appear in a -almost platinum- folder. That would be awesome

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Sony has to figure out the bullshit space management they have on PS4. Sure, it makes sense to delete 84GB to install a 15GB patch, when I have like 60-70+ free. What the fuck.

Also, Microsoft has to get on the level of the internal video editor of the PS4, I do like to record some gameplay, but trimming and editing stuff in there is a goddamn nightmare last time I checked, even the playback sucks.

WastedDeer

Oct 27, 2017
For sure Xbox has followed many great playstation features/innovations recently:
- Remote play
- Share play
- Cross buy
- Share button
- Games with...plus
- mic jack on the controller
- Intermediate generation hardware upgrade
- And now cloud gaming
For sure they both do it. It just never seems to be acknowledged if Xbox is doing it first. Didn't mean to be console warlike. Sony has a lot of innovations too but it never seems to be unknown or a surprise here.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Download speeds.

PSN is inexcusably slow for paid users.
I downloaded all of Final Fantasy VII in 5 minutes, so I'm not sure I believe this claim.

EXxnI90WkAIHocJ

Last edited:

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Strictly weird. I got so damn sick of it I ended up buying the same game on PC and the download streams from Blizzard are great, so it's not like it's the internet. Does anyone else know why we would have such different experiences?
Not saying that should work for you, or if it's a placebo effect, but after placing my PS4 in DMZ Mode, fixed IP and Google DNS, I haven't noticed slow speeds both in diagnostic and downloading.

Oct 27, 2017
In-game text chat for every game (maybe on an OS-level?). I don't care if I need to use the controller to type the message out, I just want to be able to communicate with my random teammates who may not have mics or if I'm in a party chat. It would be so helpful in something like Rainbow Six: Siege (as evidenced by the PC version).

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Probably more game dependent than console specific, but I really want a commitment to reducing input lag.

Some games are especially bad for me. "Thomas was Alone" on PS4 is almost unplayable because of it. I don't have the same issue when I play it on my TV from Steam and the Vita version is perfect. I didn't realize it was so bad on PS4 since I did most of my playing on the Vita, but then my 4-year old was getting frustrated with basic levels and asked for help. It literally feels like you have to push your inputs about a quarter second early to time them right.

There are a few other games (maybe mega man collection?) I had a similar issue with.

(It's not my TV at issue and I use game mode with all other extraneous options turned off.)

Oct 27, 2017
PSN download speeds are abysmal.
PS5 fan better not sound like a vacuum cleaner.
OSes that don't operate at 10 fps would be nice, PS4 interface is such a slog compared to XMB, Xbox is as bad as it has been for the last ten years. Switch is great, hope the next machines can at least match it.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Please god have an OS menu that doesn't have severe lag when you try to use it while a game is loaded. On my PS4 Pro it's a fucking nightmare. Almost unusable at times.

Oct 26, 2017
Something I'd love to have on the online store: an ignore list for games I don't want to see. Let me add games to it manually so I can ignore the loads of shovelware on the stores.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Patch download and install times.

But the biggest time spender is the copying of the whole game to the HDD again. So maybe it's solved already with the SSD's.

robo2000

May 3, 2018
The small fontsize is also making me crazy, i own a switch and holy shit sometimes its so small its hard to read.
The Witcher 3 had this problem when it got released on the ps4, but thankgod the came with a update/patch to make the font bigger.

Aug 17, 2018
- Modular downloading (exclude the Sp or Mp part of the game, don't download languages you dont need etc)
- Choosing your preferred language before the game starts
- Precise playtime tracking

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
- Modular downloading (exclude the Sp or Mp part of the game, don't download languages you dont need etc)

Came to post this...

You should be able to set at a system level language preferences and sound system preferences that will determine which assets get downloaded when you download a game. I definitely wouldn't mind an option to get more compressed video files too to save space.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I want Spotify integration in games too... Xbox 360 did such a good job with custom soundtracks... PS4 is halfway there.

Some music visualizers too.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the PS5 cooling solution is adequate. I really don't want to have to rip apart my PS5 to remove cheap as piss thermal paste and replace it with something decent...

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Let me only download the shit I intend to use.

I don't need or want the foreign languages. Depending on the game, I may not want the cut scenes either.
I agree with the first part but you kinda lost me at the second part, that's kinda going down an uncomfortable path of games becoming piecemeal. If you do that with cutscenes, next thing you know "let me only download these certain levels keep the rest" that could have impacts on developing a complete product with consistent quality

Jesb

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
  • Definitely think multiplayer should be split in downloads. Let people just install single player or just multiplayer if they want to.

• The battery life needs to be better. And how about including a cord that's long so I can actually sit on my couch while it's plugged in.
  • Download speeds need to be improved. And I hope the menu isn't going to be sluggish when your space is above 70% full. My hope is those days are over with this SSD of sluggish menu's.
  • Have a user review system with written reviews of verified owners of the game.
  • There should be more graphic options. Like 4K 30-60FPS, 1080P 60FPS, ect.
  • Make 🏆 an actual incentive to getting. Reward players with something. Revamp it somewhat don't just slap the current system on PS5.
  • Why are there no director editions of our game's. Give us some director commentary on our games. I'd replay a game just to listen to what the creators have to say about various parts of the game they made.
  • Stop making games with small text. This happens more often than it should. I'm not gaming on a monitor with the screen right at my face.
  • Let me use my Bluetooth headphones.
  • Cloud saving should have significant raises on space limit, I keep getting errors about a game failing to upload.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
System level account muting.

Skip the middle-man. Allow players to report verbal abuse, and at a threshold of reports ban a player from non-party voice chat for days, weeks or permanently. A blanket ban across all games played with that account.
This is dangerous and open to abuse on the voice chat front. The day before last I was in a game of MW and after beating a team had them join my party and accuse my teammate of hacking and saying they were going to get all of their friends to report us both.

Funnily enough they then used slurs. If the console could give an option to automatically record the last x amount of time and submit it when you report that could ensue the system isn't abused.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I need the sharefactory app to have more editing tools and the capture card to record in 60fps.

Apr 3, 2020
Definitely the wifi strength also:
- Sony needs to improve about their network, it's unacceptable for paid subscription
- This a hard wish, but I hope the next gen controllers can easily drive higher impedance headphones

OP
OP
Ser_Kafka

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
  • Why are there no director editions of our game's. Give us some director commentary on our games. I'd replay a game just to listen to what the creators have to say about various parts of the game they made.

Great idea. Would love that option. It would make subsequent playthroughs completely different, making you look more critically at a game, appreciate how something was achieved, why they did something 'this' way instead of 'that' way...

I really enjoy watching the commentary versions of The Lord of the Rings movies for that reason.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
A minor one as it only affects one game, but a biggie if you're a fan, Konami and Xbox need to sort out PES to enable us to use option files.

As others have said, more widespread use of Intelligent Delivery so we can install the parts of a game we want. I rarely play MP outside of Sea of Thieves and this would help free up some storage space. Halo: TMCC did it great.