• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Sometimes perceptions use all 360 degrees of the 'ol sexagesimal system and return to point A back from point B, to put it one way. What works/products do you consider to fall under this umbrella? ^^'

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
One of the reasons going through my film undergraduate depressed me so much was film students proclaiming Spielberg was overrated because he was sentimental or had a less recognisable style than a Scorsese or whatever. Just asinine.

George Lucas gets a lot of the same shit because a lot of the internet wanted to divorce the quality of A New Hope from him.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the reasons going through my film undergraduate depressed me so much was film students proclaiming Spielberg was overrated because he was sentimental or had a less recognisable style than a Scorsese or whatever. Just asinine.

George Lucas gets a lot of the same shit because a lot of the internet wanted to divorce the quality of A New Hope from him.
Yeah. The moment I hear anyone say that Spielberg isn't that great I immediately just mentally check out.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It feels like in the last 5-10 years almost every microbrewery out there was making their version of an American-style light lager because yeah, shit like Coors and Miller is shitty, but sometimes you want a light lager with solid ABV, and isn't nuked out with hops. So all these places started making their own 3.5-5.0% ABV interpretations of the beer style.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Oh, mayonnaise is on the way back up too.

And turn-based JRPGs too. A solid turn-based JRPG is hella refreshing in the ARPG landscape that exists today.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Star Wars is good, actually. So is the MCU.

I've also been told this is true of the movie Titanic but I haven't seen it streaming anywhere when I've had time to watch it. I imagine it's good.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars?

I think phase 1 MCU too. Some of them hold up better than others later on.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Everything you, the reader of this post, says is overrated.

That includes me as I read this post.

Nov 4, 2017
Spielberg has got one of the single greatest resumes as a director in Hollywood, and basically invented the summer blockbuster (I realise this is a bit of an oversimplification, but Jaws, God damn). His library is brimming with quality AND quantity. I think the fact that the dude can excel in so many genres without leaving a heavyhanded to it just speaks to his talent and skill. If I could only watch one Director's work for the rest of my life, it's EASILY Spielberg, it would never get old. Those film students are chumps 😀